Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > Advance Deposit Wagering (ADW)

Old 11-13-2015, 07:50 PM   #1
jeebus1083

Video streams - erratic lately

Hi,

I've noticed in recent days that the streaming video on the ADWs that I'm a part of have been herky jerky lately. It's not my home wifi as I get the same effect on my 4G network. It stinks since usually the feed is crystal clear. Anyone else having similar issues?
jeebus1083 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-13-2015, 08:44 PM   #2
Hoofless_Wonder
broken-down horseplayer

The Aussie signal via Twinspires has frozen on me twice already in the last 20 mins. I believe the major ADWs use Roberts as the streaming provider. There are some help links at their website.

http://www.streaming.robertscomnet.com/index.php

Have you contacted any of your ADWs about the issue?
Old 11-14-2015, 11:28 AM   #3
comet52

I don't know why but the stream from Belmont was constantly locking up, while the rest were ok.

One thing I discovered recently, if you are using Chrome browser, turn off the hardware acceleration - settings, scroll down and show advanced settings, uncheck "Use hardware acceleration when available". This improved pretty much all streaming media like youtube, etc which had freezing issues, etc.
comet52 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-14-2015, 11:34 AM   #4
cbp
Veteran

At one time I flirted with the idea that Roberts only employed the challenged. Then, I realized that their staff/operation transcends 'challenged'. Simple is VERY DIFFICULT over there.
cbp is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-14-2015, 11:39 AM   #5
ultracapper

It's got to be Roberts. Calracing.com has had issues for a couple weeks, issues they've never had in 12 years I've used them. Speeds up, freezes, jumps forward, on and on and on.
ultracapper is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-14-2015, 12:18 PM   #6
Dr Gonzo
Bluesman

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeebus1083
Hi,

I've noticed in recent days that the streaming video on the ADWs that I'm a part of have been herky jerky lately. It's not my home wifi as I get the same effect on my 4G network. It stinks since usually the feed is crystal clear. Anyone else having similar issues?
HD stream from NYRA not working at all right now. You'd think this was rocket science.
Old 11-14-2015, 12:31 PM   #7
cbp
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Gonzo
HD stream from NYRA not working at all right now. You'd think this was rocket science.
That stream is a huge resource HOG. I like the HD and all but couldn't NYRA just offer a 'regular' stream?
cbp is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-14-2015, 12:39 PM   #8
Dr Gonzo
Bluesman

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbp
That stream is a huge resource HOG. I like the HD and all but couldn't NYRA just offer a 'regular' stream?
You're right about the resource hog but for trip handicapping, HD is awesome.
Old 11-18-2015, 12:24 PM   #9
Unome

Try uninstalling then reinstall which ever browser you are using, seems to be a plugin issue that is causing these problems, had similar problem then after doing this my problems went away.
Unome is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-22-2015, 08:54 AM   #10
gib
Shouttheodds

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeebus1083
Hi,

Yes - assumed that it was just me