PDA

View Full Version : I'll be Dam(ed)

maddog42
09-14-2015, 09:18 AM
Getting back into turf and 1st time starters after not betting them for years.How much does the Dam figures influence your handicapping?

cj
09-14-2015, 11:17 AM
Much more important in my opinion than the sire.

maddog42
09-14-2015, 12:13 PM
Much more important in my opinion than the sire.

I have been leaning that way, but sometimes the Sire stats prevail. It probably depends on the Dam. I am trying to take it up a notch with a hybrid
rating.

ReplayRandall
09-14-2015, 12:57 PM
I have been leaning that way, but sometimes the Sire stats prevail. It probably depends on the Dam. I am trying to take it up a notch with a hybrid
rating.

I take the Dam SIRE stats/rating over the SIRE, a little extra work, but worth it.....

reckless
09-14-2015, 03:26 PM
Getting back into turf and 1st time starters after not betting them for years. How much does the Dam figures influence your handicapping?

Maddog42.... here's what I've been told ever since I expressed a similar interest many years ago:

the dam and the pedigree that runs through her, determines the class of the horse;

the sire determines the footing of the horse, meaning: a horse's ability to run on grass, to run well in slop and mud or not, go long or short primarily, precociousness and even physical soundness are all determined through the sire line.

Hope that helps even a little.