PDA

View Full Version : Xpressbet hacked

lamboguy
08-25-2015, 02:09 AM
http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/93923/xpressbet-company-victim-of-cyberterrorism?source=rss

Augenj
08-25-2015, 04:55 AM
http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/93923/xpressbet-company-victim-of-cyberterrorism?source=rss
Maybe not "hacked" but more like "pounded" in a DDoS attack. It's way too easy these days for a script kiddy to launch these against any website they don't particulary care for.

lamboguy
08-25-2015, 05:28 AM
i don't know what it was, but there were plenty of people that were quite upset on sunday.

i have been using adw's as places to store cash in what i thought were better than banks. boy am i wrong! i am just going to buy more nickels and keep them home, that seems to be the very best way these days to protect yourself, its to much work for a thief to walk in and carry them out of the place and with the technology today i can monitor my house at all times with my phone in case i am not home.

Augenj
08-25-2015, 05:35 AM
They didn't penetrate the website. They just blocked the entrance to it with thousands of accesses. Your account wasn't compromised unless XpressBet is not being forthcoming.

Tall One
08-25-2015, 10:07 AM
They sent out an email about it reassuring none of our info was compromised. They can have the $27.00 that's in there, it's the other stuff that's more concerning. :)

Appy
08-25-2015, 03:52 PM
xpressbet wasn't the only betting service attacked. TVG also, at nearly the exact same time.
The only thing subscribers lost was time...and perhaps an opportunity or two.

Hmmm. I just noticed the thread title on the front page says "xpressbet hacked by Appy". That isn't anything like true.
Someone please reply ASAP.

NorCalGreg
08-25-2015, 06:05 PM
xpressbet wasn't the only betting service attacked. TVG also, at nearly the exact same time.
The only thing subscribers lost was time...and perhaps an opportunity or two.

Hmmm. I just noticed the thread title on the front page says "xpressbet hacked by Appy". That isn't anything like true.
Someone please reply ASAP.

Why don't those hackers do some good, and hack the hell out of B of A, or Cap One, and destroy all their CC info......awe who am I kidding? They have that info backed up, with back-ups of the back-ups.
*Thread title just says "xpressbet hacked"....funny thought though ;)

ldiatone
09-01-2015, 04:27 PM
again xpressbet down again! monday 9-1. locked on R6 :bang:

ldiatone
09-01-2015, 04:41 PM
again xpressbet down again! monday 9-1. locked on R6 :bang:
Back up after 1/2 hr or so