PDA

View Full Version : Derbywars?

Leap
08-16-2015, 08:58 PM
Has anyone played here before? Is there a thread about it anywhere?

Was wondering if they are legit and also can I view the races on their site that I'm wagering on? If not where could I do that for free or a small fee?

ten2oneormore
08-16-2015, 09:41 PM
Yeah they are definitely legit. Not many options beside them for daily tournaments but they are great anyway so would be hard to oppose them as a start up. Payouts are fast , usually get the check in 3-4 days.

No race video there and not sure what a small fee is to you but if you deposit $50 at Twinspires you can watch any racetrack in the country plus Europe , Dubai Carnival, Australia , and I think Hong Kong and Japan.
Only bigger race countries they don't show are France , Dubai(except carnival)and South Africa although pretty sure they cover the Arc de Triomphe day card.

cato
08-16-2015, 10:24 PM
Definitely legit, lots of options for daily tournaments of all amounts from a few dollars to thousands of dollars, a $25,000 tournament every weekend, quick pay, good customer service, etc.

Best, Frank

Zaf
08-17-2015, 12:02 AM
Yes totally legit, they have many $5 and less games to get your feet wet. Customer service is awesome too. :ThmbUp:

therussmeister
08-17-2015, 12:09 AM
Many tracks have free live video on their website.

Zaf
08-17-2015, 12:12 AM
Many tracks have free live video on their website.

Yes and here too:
http://horseracesnow.com/

ubercapper
08-17-2015, 09:35 AM
[QUOTE=ten2oneormore]Yeah they are definitely legit. Not many options beside them for daily tournaments but they are great anyway so would be hard to oppose them as a start up. Payouts are fast , usually get the check in 3-4 days.

There are at least TWO other competitors in the space and both offer a number of daily games.

HorseTourneys.com has multiple games every day as well as big money games and is also legit.

Racetrackwarriors.com is the newest entrant in the field and although they have a slick interface many of their games still don't run as they don't meet the minimum number of entrants.

I have played on all three sites. Deposits and withdrawals for all three sites are easy and quick on all three with no issues to date.

BreadandButter
08-17-2015, 12:02 PM
Anyone have any comments ref the taxation on those? Aren't you paid as sweepstakes winnings?

Leap
08-17-2015, 12:23 PM
Yeah what is the tax like? Is there a discussion on here about the daily tournaments? also to qualify for the nhc on there it says you already have to be a nrta member? how easy is it to do that? I'm Canadian so not sure if I'm allowed. the rake also seems high.

ten2oneormore
08-17-2015, 03:07 PM
[QUOTE=ten2oneormore]Yeah they are definitely legit. Not many options beside them for daily tournaments but they are great anyway so would be hard to oppose them as a start up. Payouts are fast , usually get the check in 3-4 days.

There are at least TWO other competitors in the space and both offer a number of daily games.

HorseTourneys.com has multiple games every day as well as big money games and is also legit.

Racetrackwarriors.com is the newest entrant in the field and although they have a slick interface many of their games still don't run as they don't meet the minimum number of entrants.

I have played on all three sites. Deposits and withdrawals for all three sites are easy and quick on all three with no issues to date.

Thanks for this. A year or two ago when I looked at Horsetourneys it seemed like they only had feeder tourneys to NHC and HPWS. Now they seem to have cash tournaments as well.

As for the other site it looks promising but I'll wait a bit until they get established. The games they offer are interesting though.

ten2oneormore
08-17-2015, 03:14 PM
Yeah what is the tax like? Is there a discussion on here about the daily tournaments? also to qualify for the nhc on there it says you already have to be a nrta member? how easy is it to do that? I'm Canadian so not sure if I'm allowed. the rake also seems high.

All the NHC qualifiers I've seen require you to be a member beforehand in order to win a seat.

It's $50

slihawk
08-17-2015, 05:34 PM
I'll give you an experience that just happened with Derby Wars.
I put 25 in to try it and I came in second in a little buy in got like 50
Next weekend I tried a bigger one and won that for 300
I withdrew the 300 to be deposited directly in my bank. This was Sunday.
On Tuesday I received an Email saying they were having trouble and it would post Weds. No funds on Friday so I called and left message. Not more than 10 min later I received a phone call back explaining that Mark Midland is traveling and will call me back. Well he did and said that my routing # was wrong he said he will try again and if it fails he will overnight check. Sat got the check.
From my experience the customer service was right on and I have full confidence in the site. Mistakes happen and they corrected them.

I bet you thought I was gonna blast them

djm1959
08-18-2015, 05:38 AM
derbywars is great,, (i win there alot) horsetourneys pay better per entry fees. when you win you win a larger prize for same amount of cash entry

cant go wrong with either site,,,and it helps your handicapping skills if your new at reading the pps...

i spend less money than if i bet races seperately,,and i yell more too when i win ,,the family thinks im crazy .

Track Collector
08-18-2015, 01:09 PM
I've played there off and on, but not so much lately.

Still working with my original deposit. :ThmbUp: (Don't know how long that will last though.). :)

I've had nothing but positive experiences so far.

Sites like these change one's perspective though, where in real life one needs to finish in the black, whereas in tournaments one just needs to beat their opponent(s).

If you approach these tournaments in a casual manner one will find themselves redepositing often.