PDA

View Full Version : Fed Meeting Setup

badcompany
06-16-2015, 07:58 PM
Market should have a dramatic swing one way or another after the rate announcement.

Leading up to it, we've had a little double bottom form. IMO, I think the last part of the "W" gets filled in and forms a short term top.

PICSIX
06-16-2015, 08:09 PM
Tomorrow at 2:00pm EST

http://www.forexfactory.com/calendar.php

JustRalph
06-16-2015, 08:22 PM
They are stuck and they know it.

I don't see them doing anything. They have run out of debt. If they raise rates the market screams......... and chickens are ever closer to coming home.

They are dancing on the head of a pin.

lamboguy
06-16-2015, 08:43 PM
why should they be stuck? all they have to do is get those printing presses going and bail out.

reckless
06-18-2015, 08:40 AM
Those that have 'played' the market based primarily on the opinion of the Fed raising interest rates have left a lot of money behind. It was the wrong call then and it is even now.

The Feds can't raise rates because the reality is, the economy is not really growing at robust point as we told. So a Fed rate hike will be damaging to not only the stock market but the overall economy as well.

PaceAdvantage
06-18-2015, 10:51 AM
Market should have a dramatic swing one way or another after the rate announcement.

Leading up to it, we've had a little double bottom form. IMO, I think the last part of the "W" gets filled in and forms a short term top.Just once I'd like to a see a nice up day on the daily chart with impressive volume that doesn't include a big ol' tail up top. I have yet to see that...

Maybe today is the day?

Looks like you're right so far...we might test the highs...yet again...

Robert Goren
06-18-2015, 11:33 AM
There is no reason to raising the rates right now. What good is going to happen if they raise them? What bad is going to happen if they raise them? The economy is not strong enough to handle a rate hike. The only reason to hike rates is out of control inflation. We are not anywhere near the levels of inflation (no matter how you measure it) that cause a rate hike. We are in the process of devaluing our currency to get it more in line with historic levels with our trading partners. An action long over due. A hike now would underline that effort. I would expect to see a rate hike when the Euro gets back to $1.25 maybe even $1.30, but not before. Now if China starts to devalue it currency, all bets are off even at the $1.30 Euro level.

JustRalph
06-18-2015, 01:40 PM
why should they be stuck? all they have to do is get those printing presses going and bail out.

They have already created a catastrophe and they know it. More printing for a bailout will be hard to sell.........

Just heard they did nothing and market loved it.

It's all smoke and mirrors. And the rich keep getting richer

badcompany
06-18-2015, 04:38 PM
Just once I'd like to a see a nice up day on the daily chart with impressive volume that doesn't include a big ol' tail up top. I have yet to see that...

Maybe today is the day?

Looks like you're right so far...we might test the highs...yet again...

A couple of my stocks made all time highs, today, but, I can't say with confidence that we're finally gonna break out for real. That said, I do expect it to happen sooner or later.

Robert Goren
06-18-2015, 05:42 PM
They have already created a catastrophe and they know it. More printing for a bailout will be hard to sell.........

Just heard they did nothing and market loved it.

It's all smoke and mirrors. And the rich keep getting richerTrickle down economics at best is what we have. Why anyone thinks it will work is beyond me. Because it never has even though it been tried several times. Even some republicans are beginning to see the light although one has to wonder how long they will continue to see it after Obama leaves offices.
Devaluing the currency is the correct thing to do right now. Putting more money in the hands of stock traders is probably the wrong way of going about it.

whodoyoulike
06-18-2015, 08:31 PM
This is just a thought of mine.

The FED has been hinting that they need to raise interest rates for at least two years and haven't for one reason or another. I can see it being a risky move especially since the expected reaction is negative.

I think they should because the banks and businesses need an incentive to grow the economy which they haven't. Currently, there's no incentive the banks aren't loaning and businesses aren't expanding or forming new businesses. The banks have figured out a way to increase revenue by charging fees. The cost of funds to Wall Street types is zero or close to it. And, they've been the ones opposing a potential rise in rates before every FED meeting.

I wonder why?

I just don't trust the WS types. But, there needs to be an incentive to grow but again the reaction could be a contraction and the FED will probably overreact.

JustRalph
06-18-2015, 08:43 PM
Trickle down economics at best is what we have. Why anyone thinks it will work is beyond me. Because it never has even though it been tried several times. Even some republicans are beginning to see the light although one has to wonder how long they will continue to see it after Obama leaves offices.
Devaluing the currency is the correct thing to do right now. Putting more money in the hands of stock traders is probably the wrong way of going about it.

Wall Street is a scam pulled over the rest of the country. You make too much of it.

Talking most of the country into investing in every conceivable way while funneling it all to the stock market (or NY et al) and then paying commissions by the billions to those who push the money around is a wholesale scam. Yet the country falls for it...........who am I to bitch