PDA

View Full Version : Google Chrome Browser? Text Size?

Flysofree
04-07-2015, 04:40 PM
Is this a complicated browser to learn? I just downloaded it and can't figure out how to make the print size larger like I have on IE.. Any help appreciated.

TexasDolly
04-07-2015, 06:49 PM
Is this a complicated browser to learn? I just downloaded it and can't figure out how to make the print size larger like I have on IE.. Any help appreciated.

Might try holding the keyboard ctrl key while moving the scroll wheel on the mouse.

Augenj
04-07-2015, 07:33 PM
Might try holding the keyboard ctrl key while moving the scroll wheel on the mouse.
That's good but if you want a more permanent solution, go to "Settings", click on "Show Advanced Settings" at bottom, scroll down to "Web Content" and adjust there.

cj
04-07-2015, 07:36 PM
Control and + for increase, Control and - for decrease.

Flysofree
04-08-2015, 06:55 AM
It seems they make everything difficult. Even Norton has had settings changed....I don't like this browser am back to IE...I have their latest version and when they discontinue it, it should be somewhat less confusing than Google Chrome..hopefully. Even Firefox wasn't this hard a couple years ago.

Augenj
04-08-2015, 07:58 AM
It seems they make everything difficult. Even Norton has had settings changed....I don't like this browser am back to IE...I have their latest version and when they discontinue it, it should be somewhat less confusing than Google Chrome..hopefully. Even Firefox wasn't this hard a couple years ago.
Compared to Chrome's early days, the current version is bloated with several active processes and a lot of settings. However, I continue to use it as my primary browser since I use Android with Google Apps and a Chromebook once in awhile.

raybo
04-09-2015, 07:58 AM

Hmmm - I switched from IE to Mozilla and finally to Chrome, several years ago. Chrome was extremely easy to use, and I still us it with no problems at all. If changing the size of text is your only problem then adjust it and be done with it.

Flysofree
04-09-2015, 09:34 AM
Well you can call it what you like, but it wanted me to have a google account which appears to be a gmail.com account even before installing. That's a little over the top to start with.

Red Knave
04-10-2015, 01:01 PM
I was a big Chrome fan too in the early days. I have gone back to Firefox and so far it's been fine.
My problem with IE is that it always defaults to 'big brother' mode, like if you try to close it with some tabs open it will tell you 'there are tabs open' and 'are you sure?' unless you turn that off. Geez, just close down already! Also, IE has not kept up with internet standards the way the other major browsers have. Many sites don't even have it as 'recommended' anymore.

Tom
04-11-2015, 06:28 PM
Chrome and FF are bloated resource hogs.
they start out as good, fast browser, then get bogged down with crap.
I have no use for either.
I want a browser with absolutely nothing added in.

IE at least functions.
If a site won't take IE, I won't go there.

Canarsie
04-12-2015, 10:52 AM
Chrome and FF are bloated resource hogs.
they start out as good, fast browser, then get bogged down with crap.
I have no use for either.
I want a browser with absolutely nothing added in.

IE at least functions.
If a site won't take IE, I won't go there.

Good luck in whatever standard reigns supreme a few years down the road.

Microsoft is killing off the Internet Explorer brand

https://www.theverge.com/2015/3/17/8230631/microsoft-is-killing-off-the-internet-explorer-brand

Microsoft sends Internet Explorer to tech's scrapheap

http://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/2015/03/17/microsoft-internet-

Phaseout of Internet Explorer Stirs No Griefexplorer-project-spartan/24909091/

http://ww2.cfo.com/mobile/2015/04/phaseout-internet-explorer-stirs-no-grief/