PDA

View Full Version : Any thing that ranks the races?

Flysofree
11-28-2014, 11:35 AM
What software is available that ranks the races on a card as to best bet on a given card? Obviously it must have the ability to scratch horses at the beginning of the card. Later scratches, you have to live with.

DeltaLover
11-28-2014, 12:13 PM
What software is available that ranks the races on a card as to best bet on a given card? Obviously it must have the ability to scratch horses at the beginning of the card. Later scratches, you have to live with.

What's is your definition of a best bet?

Flysofree
11-28-2014, 12:17 PM
100% Accuracy
99%
98%
97%
96%

You get the idea....probability of winning. No one can tell me what it's going to pay.

jk3521
11-28-2014, 05:10 PM
Gapfire.

Tom
11-28-2014, 06:02 PM
HTR - volitity index, and the full card chalk evaluation.
The Clark rated the first and second ML choices as "C's" and the ML Fav listed as vulnerable. It also give you the opportunity to run tests on the various race rating to see how they actually perform.

Flysofree
11-29-2014, 11:20 AM
I'm not looking for a lot of bells and whistles and charts .. They are fine for those that like all that. In other words I don't want a program like Computrak that has all a winner in each race if you know where to look etc.

What I'm seeking is : (again after scratches before the 1st race); Which race is most likely to have the winner from their way of handicapping... In other words Race 6 (74% chance with the top horse), Race 4 (66% chance) etc... I don't need a lot of explanations, just ratings by percentage.

My brain is not geared to figuring out all the other stuff.

jk3521
11-29-2014, 11:26 AM
I'm not looking for a lot of bells and whistles and charts .. They are fine for those that like all that. In other words I don't want a program like Computrak that has all a winner in each race if you know where to look etc.

What I'm seeking is : (again after scratches before the 1st race); Which race is most likely to have the winner from their way of handicapping... In other words Race 6 (74% chance with the top horse), Race 4 (66% chance) etc... I don't need a lot of explanations, just ratings by percentage.

Again ...Gapfire.

Flysofree
11-29-2014, 11:30 AM
Again ...Gapfire.

Is Gapfire software that does all the scratches and produces a simple percentage by RACE as above.... Forgive me, but I am suspicious when I read about a book or in this case an ebook.

Augenj
11-29-2014, 12:33 PM

Not trying to be self-serving here but THA produces daily picks with the best bets of the day displayed with current winning percentages and ROI for the top horse in the condition he runs in today. Look for the green text in the posts. For example:

http://www.vegassportscontrol.net/topic/31946-top-horse-analytics-11282014-aqu-picks-after-late-changes/

Robert Goren
11-29-2014, 12:53 PM
Is Gapfire software that does all the scratches and produces a simple percentage by RACE as above.... Forgive me, but I am suspicious when I read about a book or in this case an ebook.Then you should be suspicious of every one. I think I know what you want. You want somebody or some thing to tell you that a race has too many unknowns(like 1st or 2nd starters) to get a good read or it tells there are too many contenders or too many front runners or whatever. You want a number on how playable a race is. I am not sure there is anything out there at this time that will tell you that. I have not seen one if there is. I would guess if there is it would be one of the data base modeling programs. Ask the sellers. Sometimes they is just no way of getting of doing it yourself.

Flysofree
11-29-2014, 05:34 PM
Then you should be suspicious of every one. I think I know what you want. You want somebody or some thing to tell you that a race has too many unknowns(like 1st or 2nd starters) to get a good read or it tells there are too many contenders or too many front runners or whatever. You want a number on how playable a race is. I am not sure there is anything out there at this time that will tell you that. I have not seen one if there is. I would guess if there is it would be one of the data base modeling programs. Ask the sellers. Sometimes they is just no way of getting of doing it yourself.

How playable a race is ... (for me) in terms of percentages. You have explained what I'm seeking. The one above that lists the top horse in each race at 100% isn't it, but I appreciate the thought. I liked 3 races today at Aqueduct... I could not separate them ..The first 2 races my pick lost. The 3rd race my pick won paying $5.10. Now if I had a program that picked one race a day ( again with a percentage for that race) win or lose I would be better off in the long run. Robert, you do have the right idea of what I'm seeking. I'm looking to play one race only a day . Win or Lose

green80
11-30-2014, 11:18 AM

Most software gives you an oddsline. 2/1, 3/1 etc. that is easily converted to a percentage 33%, 25% etc. The lowest odds horse is your best bet on the card, according to this line of reasoning.

JJMartin
11-30-2014, 11:38 AM
How playable a race is depends on how you define it. Just trying to hit a winner or looking for value? A higher strike rate usually results in a lower $ avg.