PDA

View Full Version : tablet formulator

showonly
10-24-2014, 03:38 PM
can't load horse pp's (horse not found). running samsung tablet

jeebus1083
10-25-2014, 10:14 AM
Running an iPad and the Formulator Tablet IMO is awesome. DRF needed an answer to TimeformUS and this effort, while it doesn't put them ahead of them, is a start. I expect going forward that DRF will include several upgrades to the product that will close that gap, but the biggest obstacle will be price, which DRF is hopelessly beaten on. $3 for TFUS vs. $4.50 for a DRF single card and TFUS is basically missing replays and trainer stat filtering - features that I'm sure are coming down the pike.

garyscpa
10-26-2014, 11:46 AM
So it works on android tablets? Tried it yesterday on my Kindle with no luck.

garyscpa
10-27-2014, 09:32 AM
classhandicapper was nice enough to point out to me that an unlimited subscription was required for the Formulator Tablet. Apparently this is because it's in beta testing and the product will be available to all subscription plans, supposedly in December.

classhandicapper
10-27-2014, 03:36 PM
I was told to post the following:

If the horse PPs don't come up you should try changing the time zone on your tablet to Eastern Time.

If there is still an issue, please let someone know.

classhandicapper
10-27-2014, 06:26 PM
I was told a fix to the time zone issue will be tested tomorrow and released soon after.

EMD4ME
10-27-2014, 07:19 PM
I might be naïve but I've been using formulator on my surface 2 for 11 months. Why is this new? Not being sarcastic. Not a tech guru. Just wondering. Please advise. Thank you.

jeebus1083
10-27-2014, 08:27 PM
I might be naïve but I've been using formulator on my surface 2 for 11 months. Why is this new? Not being sarcastic. Not a tech guru. Just wondering. Please advise. Thank you.

DRF has rolled out a tablet friendly version of the software not requiring Flash, which is not available on iPads. Surface is a Windows based product, so regular Formulator will work on that system.

EMD4ME
10-27-2014, 08:51 PM
DRF has rolled out a tablet friendly version of the software not requiring Flash, which is not available on iPads. Surface is a Windows based product, so regular Formulator will work on that system.

Thank you! Now it makes complete sense. Appreciate it.