PDA

View Full Version : gulfstream park west opens today

acorn54
10-08-2014, 11:07 AM
was very surprised to see such large fields at gulfstream park west.
"may" be of interest. we' ll see. have not personally gone through the card yet
just wanted to give a heads up to anyone that might think it is just a repeat of last years calder's meet of short fields

Stillriledup
10-08-2014, 01:02 PM
Might be worth a look now knowing that CD gets none of the profits.

FocusWiz
10-08-2014, 01:05 PM
For those of you wanting to wager at Gulfstream West, please note that they somehow set this up as two separate cards and have confused at least some of the ADWs. You may see two cards (first one is race 1 and 2) or may not see the second card at all.

PhantomOnTour
10-08-2014, 01:21 PM
Only thing I've learned is that geographically, Gulfstream is east of Calder.

OTM Al
10-08-2014, 01:27 PM
Only thing I've learned is that geographically, Gulfstream is east of Calder.

It is also a little north. Head down Dixie Highway/US 1 and hang a right at Ives Dairy Road if memory serves

PhantomOnTour
10-08-2014, 01:30 PM
It is also a little north. Head down Dixie Highway/US 1 and hang a right at Ives Dairy Road if memory serves
Ya see? Racing can't get anything right...place should be called
Gulfstream Park Southwest :D

Stillriledup
10-08-2014, 02:11 PM
Ya see? Racing can't get anything right...place should be called
Gulfstream Park Southwest :D

Wanna get away? :D

ldiatone
10-08-2014, 03:04 PM
so how long is this GP west meet last? and why card 1 thru 2 and then 3-13?

FocusWiz
10-08-2014, 04:19 PM
so how long is this GP west meet last? and why card 1 thru 2 and then 3-13?I believe the meet goes through the end of November. No one I spoke to knew why there were two cards for today. Hopefully, it will not be a common theme. My spreadsheets assume one card per track per day (stupid me).

sam4022
10-08-2014, 04:45 PM
Where are the results for races 1 & 2 posted?

Thanks.

therussmeister
10-08-2014, 07:38 PM
I'm not saying it's true - I have my doubts, but I heard that the recently concluded Gulfstream meet fell two races short of a legal, or contractual minimum, so the first two races today were the official end of the Gulfstream meet.

ReplayRandall
10-08-2014, 08:37 PM

Thanks.

Hey Sam....How about a trainer angle update? Still up 18%?

FocusWiz
10-08-2014, 08:42 PM

Thanks.I am not sure where you are looking, but some ADWs may have had trouble tracking both cards or may have come up with artificial names for one or both of them.

Equibase has the full charts here:

http://www.equibase.com/static/chart/pdf/GPW100814USA.html

and the summary results here:

http://www.equibase.com/static/chart/summary/GPW100814USA-EQB.html

sam4022
10-08-2014, 09:03 PM
I am not sure where you are looking, but some ADWs may have had trouble tracking both cards or may have come up with artificial names for one or both of them.

Equibase has the full charts here:

http://www.equibase.com/static/chart/pdf/GPW100814USA.html

and the summary results here:

http://www.equibase.com/static/chart/summary/GPW100814USA-EQB.html

Thanks.

sam4022
10-08-2014, 09:21 PM
Hey Sam....How about a trainer angle update? Still up 18%?

Currently at 462 races with a positive 7%. Ran into the inevitable loss streaks driving profit down. I'm guessing a finish of around 9 or 10%. Today's result was 3 firsts and a second out of 5.

I intend to publish final results at 500 races which should be in 2 or 3 weeks.

Regards...

FocusWiz
10-09-2014, 01:34 AM
So, even though I am not currently uploading anything to my ADW, I wondered what the CHRIMS code would be for this new park name and how I would have wagered on today's races. In researching, I saw something I have not seen before.

Normally, I will see a code for a park and sometimes a code for night or matinee sessions or advance wagering. Breeders Cup races and other major stakes will also often have their own code. Attached is what I brought up for Gulfstream Park.

I know that today they messed me up using GW1 and GW2 as two separate cards, not considered part of the overall GPW. The chart seems to indicate that they have provided for up to five such "events" during some unspecified timeframe. Does anyone have any insight into how this works or how these codes are assigned and why? Are they planning to split their days into as many as five cards?

I hope this is not something contagious that will start appearing elsewhere.

Thanks.

1st time lasix
10-09-2014, 09:39 AM
In yesterday's form it said the pick five takeout is only 12%....if that is accurate....it might the lowest in the US

FocusWiz
10-09-2014, 12:45 PM
I'm not saying it's true - I have my doubts, but I heard that the recently concluded Gulfstream meet fell two races short of a legal, or contractual minimum, so the first two races today were the official end of the Gulfstream meet.This is actually somewhat close to what is happening for this meet.

Apparently there are a certain number of races being run on each of two licenses and therefore, legally, they have to be split up somehow. It is not expected to occur in future meets, but will be there for at least part (and perhaps all) of this one.

Gorrex
10-09-2014, 02:01 PM
They will run 6 different events on some days. GW1 - GW6

Clocker
10-09-2014, 10:30 PM
Apparently there are a certain number of races being run on each of two licenses and therefore, legally, they have to be split up somehow. It is not expected to occur in future meets, but will be there for at least part (and perhaps all) of this one.

How screwed up can a state get to allow two tracks to run concurrently in the same market for years and then quibble about this kind of chicken feed? :rolleyes: