PDA

View Full Version : Twinspires change?

jk3521
09-28-2014, 06:54 PM
I usually don't take advantage of the "free past performances for track wagered on" feature of Twinspires. I just wanted to double check a horse before placing my bet because I had left my PP's at another location and noticed that there is no longer a link on the Twinspires Classic pages to download past performances. Is this another thing taken away from us ?

ReplayRandall
09-28-2014, 07:04 PM
How else are they going to offset the expenses for their promotion in Oct. of a 10% rebate on harness multi-race bets?

Hoofless_Wonder
09-28-2014, 09:13 PM
I usually don't take advantage of the "free past performances for track wagered on" feature of Twinspires. I just wanted to double check a horse before placing my bet because I had left my PP's at another location and noticed that there is no longer a link on the Twinspires Classic pages to download past performances. Is this another thing taken away from us ?

It's not exactly clear here what you mean. But on the "classic" wagering menu, you can select the "handicapping" option at the top of the page, which then brings you to the BRIS menus. You need to allow 3rd party cookies, and have your BRIS info entered or linked to do this. On the "back end", your BRIS account will reflect any paid products downloaded, but you won't be charged if you wager on them (except the products that are exempted).

How long has it been since you tried to get PPs? It's been this way for several years now, at least.

jk3521
09-29-2014, 08:29 AM
Funny for some reason my laptop running windows 7- 32 bit will not even show the handicapping products screen.No problem with the other laptop running windows 7 -64 bit. On the 32 bit I get the headlines , but the lower part of the screen for the selection of handicapping products is blank. I'm going to have to contact support when they open up this morning. :confused:

Wiley
09-29-2014, 09:51 AM
I do see what you mean in your original post.
It looks like they removed the button link option of pulling up single race or full card PP's on the Classic section at the Program level while looking at an individual race.

The change must have happened this weekend because I used it the weekend before. It was a nice feature to me.

I do still see the Handicapping section at the top of the screen where you can go get PP's, though not as convenient. Running a Mac Safari browser.

Copyroomjim
09-29-2014, 12:04 PM
I noticed that too over the weekend and had to go to the handicapping page to access the PP's. Knowing CDI's past actions, whatever is happening is going to be to the detriment of the customer.

jk3521
09-29-2014, 02:15 PM
Maybe they don't want you to look at any single race one at a time?

duncan04
09-29-2014, 03:37 PM
They replied to a tweet I sent asking about it. They said they are addressing the issue and they hope to have it back by Wednesday.

jk3521
09-29-2014, 06:30 PM
Just got home from work , so didn't have a chance to get a hold of customer support at Twinspires. Thanks for the update.

Hoofless_Wonder
09-29-2014, 07:16 PM
Funny for some reason my laptop running windows 7- 32 bit will not even show the handicapping products screen.No problem with the other laptop running windows 7 -64 bit. On the 32 bit I get the headlines , but the lower part of the screen for the selection of handicapping products is blank. I'm going to have to contact support when they open up this morning. :confused:

This means your browser is blocking third-party cookies. Depending on the browser, you'll need to go into settings/privacy and allow cookies to be set, or data to be displayed from another domain - since what is displayed under the handicapping section is from brisnet.com, and not twinspires.com....

Sorry about the confusion on my earlier response. I always download the full card, and not just for a single race, so I didn't realize the link on the program page had disappeared.

duncan04
10-01-2014, 10:08 AM
Logged in this morning and the links for the pp's are back! :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp: Both the full card and single race!! :jump:

Wiley
10-01-2014, 12:39 PM
Thanks for the update. Glad to hear this feature is back!