PDA

View Full Version : Dow only down 100 at this moment

PaceAdvantage
07-17-2014, 03:22 PM
But all day it seems there has been some heavy trading going on...much faster than I've seen it in a long time...I haven't looked at volume totals yet, but it seems to me this could be the start of a major move...

VIX is going through the roof (well, relatively speaking)...up almost 20% on the day....

RaceBookJoe
07-17-2014, 03:55 PM
But all day it seems there has been some heavy trading going on...much faster than I've seen it in a long time...I haven't looked at volume totals yet, but it seems to me this could be the start of a major move...

VIX is going through the roof (well, relatively speaking)...up almost 20% on the day....

/ES was very active movewise today. Some good moves on a few stocks today too, SNDK being a great short off the opening gap down

Tape Reader
07-22-2014, 11:42 AM
Just bot Friday puts.

Billnewman
08-01-2014, 05:03 AM
panic over old news. Goldman sac holdings. Once investors realize the default is the same debt argentina refused to pay 13 years ago investors will be caling they brokers and say remember all that stuff i had you sell yesterday? could you buy that back please?

_______
08-01-2014, 01:00 PM
panic over old news. Goldman sac holdings. Once investors realize the default is the same debt argentina refused to pay 13 years ago investors will be caling they brokers and say remember all that stuff i had you sell yesterday? could you buy that back please?

I'm not sure the kind of investor who would sell based on a well telegraphed event like Argentina is even in this market.

I'd say the sell off was more related to the strong GDP numbers and fear that the Fed may raise rates sooner rather than later. But there is probably more than just one reason. A decent sell off would be healthy. It's been way too long.

Maybe that's the meta reason.