PDA

View Full Version : Bull rings

Actor
06-22-2014, 10:30 PM
Is there any source that would tell you the length of a track? I.e., Track A is a mile oval, Track B is 6 furlongs, etc. I'd like to have this information for my database because it seems to me that some factors, such a post position, would have a greater impact at a bull ring than on a longer track.

Does any track other than Belmont have an oval longer than a mile?

maclr11
06-22-2014, 10:36 PM
Woodbine turf is a mile and a half.
The info is all In the annual American racing manual.

Robert Goren
06-22-2014, 11:29 PM
You can some of the info at the following site. Click on the tracks in blue-grey and it will tell the info for some the tracks.

http://www.drf.com/news/track-information

Actor
06-23-2014, 12:16 AM
That's great guys. Thanks to both of you. :)

wiffleball whizz
06-23-2014, 04:34 AM
Generally speaking a bulling in 5 furlongs.... there is a chute at fpx but not sure what that does

cutchemist42
06-23-2014, 09:50 AM
I've actually wondered about the layout of bullring type of tracks. Say at Hastings/CT/Delta when they run their 6ish furlong races, it is done around two turns. How do you guys view these in terms of PP? They still have bigger run-ups to T1 when compared to 2 turn routes at more normal layouts.

Tall One
06-23-2014, 10:19 AM
Is there any source that would tell you the length of a track? I.e., Track A is a mile oval, Track B is 6 furlongs, etc. I'd like to have this information for my database because it seems to me that some factors, such a post position, would have a greater impact at a bull ring than on a longer track.

Does any track other than Belmont have an oval longer than a mile?

Off the top of my head: AQU (main), CD, AP, GP, SAR, all have 1 1/8 dirt courses. Keeneland's is 1 1/16.

Most general track info is available at the track's website, actor. All sorts of stats in there as well.

rastajenk
06-23-2014, 10:49 AM
Churchill is only a mile.

Robert Goren
06-23-2014, 11:04 AM
Since for years I bet bullrings, I will say this. the inside posts are a big help to front runners if the jockey isn't scared. Jockeys are more important at bullrings. You need to know what each one is bad at. There are some jockeys will put the brakes on if they are on the inside and going three or wide into the first turn. I think they must be scared of being forced into the rail. That is one of the less obvious things that you have to watch out for.

Tall One
06-23-2014, 12:40 PM
Churchill is only a mile.

Thanks, rasta. With their mile chute, it's easy to forget about that..:blush:

Harmonicaslim
06-23-2014, 05:57 PM
Been playing CT many years. Mr. Robert Goren's advice is dead on.

dirty moose
06-23-2014, 08:37 PM
http://helloracefans.com/handicapping/distance/guide-to-one-and-two-turn-track-configurations/