PDA

View Full Version : Cutler Final

jtschmidt
05-15-2014, 03:39 PM
What a race this is going to be. I am not sure if we will see a world record, but it should be a good one.

Does anyone make a strong case for anyone but Sebastian K or Market Share? The price will be right on Intimidate, especially since Pierce chose of.

cmp92
05-16-2014, 11:08 AM
I'm going to stick with Market Share. I would anticipate that Tetrick is going to try and wait for some cover to develop before moving Market Share and hopefully get him second over. Intimidate could very well come from the back and pick up the pieces if they really lay down some fast fractions.

EdZone
05-16-2014, 11:34 AM
I pick Sebastian K. Not because World Record. He looks too good and win too easy.

LottaKash
05-16-2014, 01:38 PM
Me personally, I was mighty impressed with the hand ride home in SEBASTIAN KS's first mile here......It looked way too EZ, vs that bunch in his elim...

MARKET SHARE is quite ready as well...He looked very strong in his elim too..Especially since it was his seasonal debut..

INTIMIDATE closed strong in last, but I believe that he is just a wee notch below these as it now stands.....But, he is still young enough, and lightly raced enough that he may have not shown "all" that he may or can be....Great trotter San Pail started out just like this one, and matured later and then kicked butt from thereon....I wouldn't be shocked at all, if INTIMIDATE won this one...

Does the 10yo ARCH MADNESS, have a big one saved up ?...Numbers-wise I say no...

http://www.drf.com/news/meadowlands-cutler-victory-within-reach-arch-madness

mrroyboy
05-16-2014, 04:03 PM
I think the key is "Who leaves early and who puts heat on who early" That will set up the other one. But this is by no means a two horse cinch. Others can win here. And remember THESE ARE TROTTERS. The best of them break once in a while.

RaceTrackDaddy
05-16-2014, 07:55 PM
Since the picks have been sent in, I guess there is no harm in releasing the selections here. Basically I have Sabastian K on top of everything and keyed Market Share in the second spot with Arch Madness with Modern Family, Intimate, Undercover Strike in Trifecta wagers. I spent the whole mythical $250 allotted on the race.

To see everyone's wagers, check out http://hanaharnesscontest.blogspot.com/ and click on the selections tab.

outofthebox
05-18-2014, 11:44 AM
Since the picks have been sent in, I guess there is no harm in releasing the selections here. Basically I have Sabastian K on top of everything and keyed Market Share in the second spot with Arch Madness with Modern Family, Intimate, Undercover Strike in Trifecta wagers. I spent the whole mythical $250 allotted on the race.

To see everyone's wagers, check out http://hanaharnesscontest.blogspot.com/ and click on the selections tab.Another jog by Sebastian K. Unfortunately the race lost some luster when Market Share broke at the start...

cmp92
05-18-2014, 01:05 PM
Another jog by Sebastian K. Unfortunately the race lost some luster when Market Share broke at the start...
Yes, it was unfortunate to see that Market Share break. Modern Family looked game finishing second. Looks like we have to wait to see Sebastian K and Market Share duke it out.

LottaKash
05-18-2014, 01:07 PM
Another jog by Sebastian K. Unfortunately the race lost some luster when Market Share broke at the start...

Yes, as in "ho-hum, "...:sleeping:

What with Market Share x-ing, and Arch Madness over the hill, and Intimidate obviously bouncing from his previous escapade, it sure was a bust from an excitement point of view..:D ....

Like paying "big" money to watch a Big-Fight, only then, watching it go to a "knockout" in the first round.....What a gyp..:(

Oh well...:cool:

cmp92
05-18-2014, 01:09 PM
Yes, as in "ho-hum, "...:sleeping:

What with Market Share x-ing, and Arch Madness over the hill, and Intimidate obviously bouncing from his last escapade, it sure was a bust from an excitement point of view..:D ....

Like paying "big" money to watch a Big-Fight, only then, watching it go to a "knockout" in the first round.....What a gyp..:(

Oh well...:cool:
Definitely agree with this. Modern Family is the only one who really got a chance to run with him but he was no match. The backfield was a mess as they went down the backstretch. It looked like Brennan and Arch Madness forced a horse three wide down the backstretch back in 5th or 6th.

EdZone
05-18-2014, 01:31 PM
Next time (within 3 weeks) I still bet Sebastian K :ThmbUp: I don't think any1 can beat him now. Another easy win without breaking his own record. I think he got chance to break his WR.

LottaKash
05-18-2014, 04:45 PM
Next time (within 3 weeks) I still bet Sebastian K :ThmbUp: I don't think any1 can beat him now. Another easy win without breaking his own record. I think he got chance to break his WR.

I would like to see this horse put to real pressure, and perhaps, find out how good this guy may really be....I believe that he has a "special mile" saved up in him....So, all we need are the right horses and the right pace, to put this guy to the test....If Market Share comes back ok from his costly mistake last nite, then, that just might happen I think....As, if anyone can bring the goods to Sebastian, I believe Market Share would be the one, that could well jerk his chain....

Saratoga_Mike
05-18-2014, 04:51 PM
It was fun to watch SK's driver - he drove with supreme confidence. He never doubted for a second his horse was the best. I don't follow harness racing much anymore, but I made a point of watching this race. I noticed the owner is from Florida - did he recently purchase the horse or does he race horses in the US and Sweden?

EdZone
05-18-2014, 06:42 PM
It was fun to watch SK's driver - he drove with supreme confidence. He never doubted for a second his horse was the best. I don't follow harness racing much anymore, but I made a point of watching this race. I noticed the owner is from Florida - did he recently purchase the horse or does he race horses in the US and Sweden?

Read this thread http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=113510

High Quality replay:-
http://www.standardbredcanada.ca/news/5-10-14/sebastian-k-equals-world-record.html
http://www.standardbredcanada.ca/news/5-17-14/sebastian-k-wins-cutler-final.html

cmp92
05-18-2014, 07:51 PM
Yes he was very confident. It helped that Market Share never got in the race, but he won with ease. I thought that was an unusual move to pull from the pocket there, but I suppose that was the move he had to make. Modern Family could have tried to use the first over horse to lock in Sebastian and thus prevent him from going by.