PDA

View Full Version : Anyone trade SPY weekly’s?

Tape Reader
12-15-2013, 08:39 PM
Hi All,

Anyone trade SPY weekly’s? Hypothetical: I am sure the SPY will move up from 178 to 182 by Friday. Do I go with a high intrinsic or far out of the money? Anyone know which “Greek” would help me? I’m looking for the best return on my “bet.”

Thanks, Tape Reader

badcompany
12-15-2013, 11:35 PM
I see no reason to get fancy. Buy SPY, and use the 5 SMA as a trailing stop.

RaceBookJoe
12-17-2013, 11:27 AM
When I play weeklys I usually look at the closest itm option and its delta, I like it at least 70. I will check closest atm/otm strike and then compare price. I also like to pull up an options strike price chart too.

Tape Reader
12-17-2013, 12:13 PM
When I play weeklys I usually look at the closest itm option and its delta, I like it at least 70. I will check closest atm/otm strike and then compare price. I also like to pull up an options strike price chart too.

Thanks. Good stuff.

I figured you must have been out of town the last few days, not seeing you post on the new Pace thread.

RaceBookJoe
12-17-2013, 01:51 PM
Thanks. Good stuff.

I figured you must have been out of town the last few days, not seeing you post on the new Pace thread.

No vacation, actually just saw this new section this morning. Trading at the moment is sssllloooowwwww. I think everyone is waiting for FOMC tomorrow.