PDA

View Full Version : Jarvis on Obama

JustRalph
08-23-2013, 10:38 AM
http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2013/aug/22/democrat-disgusted-with-president-obama1

If you don't know who Jarvis is, look him up. He s a brilliant professor out of New York. He is an unabashed liberal, with a brain. I follow his writings and his brilliant insight into tech journalism and associated issues that are all things tech. I have respect for his views and watch him on the Tech Tv network weekly, via Apple TV. He makes me think.

He also calls it like it is.

He writes for many different publications. Check out the above link

This is a provocative passage

"You could decide to respect the efforts of whistleblowers as courageous practitioners of civil disobedience who are sacrificing much in their efforts to protect lives and democracy. If they are the Martin Luther Kings of our age, then call off Bull Connor's digital dogs and fire hoses, will you? "

johnhannibalsmith
08-23-2013, 11:08 AM
As someone who could arguably open with much of the same preamble as Jarvis does, he says it pretty well.

Robert Goren
08-23-2013, 11:25 AM
I too am dis appointed in Obama in several areas.
1) We are still Afghanistan.
2) We are still Germany and Japan.
3) He is slow leading way away from gasoline to Natural Gas to power our cars and trucks.
4) He is slow in leading the way to using wind to produce our electrical power.
5) He is not employing Obama Care fast enough.
6) He has gone after the crooked bankers and crooks on Wall Street with enough vigor.
7) He has not gotten internet poker legalized.
8) He has not fixed our roads and our electrical power grid.
9) He has not help local law enforcement enough in tracking criminals and criminal activity by using drones.
10) He let BP and the others off easy in the Gulf oil spill.
And while we are at it.
11) He has not lowered takeout in horseracing pools.
12) He has not gotten the drug out racing and made the use of Lasix illegal for race horses.
13) He hasn't outlawed racinos.
14) he hasn't broke grip of horseman unions or trade groups or whatever else you want to call them on horseracing.

woodtoo
08-23-2013, 12:59 PM
Why did ya stop at 14 :lol:

RaceBookJoe
08-23-2013, 01:18 PM
You forgot

15 : 0Bama hasn't got a clue :)