PDA

View Full Version : Western NY Players

Tom
05-17-2013, 04:43 PM
Not sure how long this has been around,but I stumbled onto Batavia Bets today. Lots of tracks, including FL, Batavia, Buffalo, Tigoga.....sounds decent. I am going to open an account and check it out - looks like the hassle of betting FL might be solved here. And I do love Batavia Downs!

wiffleball whizz
05-17-2013, 05:03 PM
Not sure how long this has been around,but I stumbled onto Batavia Bets today. Lots of tracks, including FL, Batavia, Buffalo, Tigoga.....sounds decent. I am going to open an account and check it out - looks like the hassle of betting FL might be solved here. And I do love Batavia Downs!

Used to drive past btva on way to Toronto all the time...never seen a live race there but was on the apron

Tom
05-17-2013, 07:11 PM
I used to go there on summer nights in the 60's and 70's.
Place was packed all the time. Saw Niatross run there. Still go every year.

cmp92
05-28-2013, 02:22 PM
I used to go there on summer nights in the 60's and 70's.
Place was packed all the time. Saw Niatross run there. Still go every year.
Prefer Batavia Downs over Buffalo Raceway. The NY County Fair Finals will be held at Batavia this year. It takes me about 35-45 minutes to get there, but I make the drive quite a bit. Pontillo's Pizza, or whatever it is called now, is a good place to grab something to eat. I guess BD is doing some renovation work, I'm excited to see what they do.

BataviaBets is an adequate platform for me. It is missing live video from a lot of tracks, but they just happen to be tracks I don't bother betting. I was disappointed at first because they didn't offer live video for Saratoga Harness, they just added it in the last week. It has been around since early this year, I believe it started up in January, right around when BR opened up.

FantasticDan
04-26-2014, 12:25 PM
Not sure how long this has been around,but I stumbled onto Batavia Bets today. Lots of tracks, including FL, Batavia, Buffalo, Tigoga.....sounds decent. I am going to open an account and check it out - looks like the hassle of betting FL might be solved here. And I do love Batavia Downs!Did you ever open an account? Opinions?

When this ADW was announced, I read a story that said winners would not be subject to the standard WROTB 6% surcharge. But when I go to the site, I can't find any information regarding this under their FAQ or elsewhere..