Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Contests + Other Interesting Racing Topics > Harness Racing

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 01-27-2004, 09:52 PM   #1
trying2win

Lightbulb Free live video for some harness tracks at TRACKVU site

--Some harness race fans may not know this, but you can access free live video of the harness races for tracks like Georgian Downs, Windsor Raceway, Flamboro Downs and Western Fair Raceway at www.trackvu.ca

--There's only one drawback though. If there is heavy traffic through that website's premium pay section for their live video, you may not get a picture sometimes. Despite that, I've still managed to get through for the free live video quite often. Got through for the Georgian Downs races this evening.

--To get access to TRACKVU's free live video, you have to apply for an account for the freebies. Just go to their website and on the left-hand side, there is a link that reads 'CREATE FREE ACCCOUT'...just click on that and follow the directions from there.

T2W
trying2win is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-27-2004, 10:11 PM   #2
trying2win

--Just thought of something unusual. Magna owns Flamboro Downs and The Meadows harness tracks. Get this...both tracks' races are accessible for viewing, via free live video! That is, Flamboro Downs at www.trackvu.ca and The Meadows from their website at http://www.latm.com/

--With all of Magna's pay-per-view polices at their thoroughbred tracks, it's a wonder they're not charging to watch the live video of their harness races as well.

T2W
Old 01-27-2004, 11:00 PM   #3
Zaf
Pace Cappa

Have you seen the handle at these places.

At least Flemboro has slot machines. Does Frankie get any of the take from that ? I'm sure the government is getting more than their fair share.

ZAFONIC
Old 01-28-2004, 01:10 AM   #4
trying2win

Slot machine revenues

Zafonic,

--I don't know what the agreement is between Flamboro Downs and the Ontario Government, for splitting the profits on the slots. At our local track Northlands Park, I believe the formula for splitting profits on the slots, is approximately 50% for Northlands and 50% for the Alberta Government.

T2W

Last edited by trying2win; 01-28-2004 at 01:18 AM.
Old 01-28-2004, 10:59 PM   #5
trying2win

Free live video at TRACKVU site

--Oops! It appears I leaped before I looked again. Regarding free live video from Flamboro Downs. It looks like it's "forget it" if you're thinking of watching free live video from that track, via the services of TRACKVU. I logged onto their site today and went to check the list of tracks available. Where the 'FREE VIDEO' link for Flamboro Downs should have been, there were different two words...i.e 'NOT AVAILABLE'. Knowing who owns Flamboro Downs (Magna), I guess I shouldn't have been surprised to see the 'NOT AVAILABLE' sign.

--Some good news though. The Windsor Raceway free live video came through O.K. this evening at the TRACKVU site.

--I noticed at the TRACKVU site, that they have even added Northlfield Park and Kawartha Downs for live video the odd day as well, over the next week.

--What remains to be seen is if Ebeneezer Stronach...er, I mean Frank Stronach has also cancelled the free live video for The Meadows racetrack as well. Will have to wait till Thursday evening to find that out. Now that I think of it,...both Ebenzeer's last name (Scrooge) and Frank's last name both start with an 'S'...hmmm...interesting coincidence.

T2W

Last edited by trying2win; 01-28-2004 at 11:05 PM.
Old 01-29-2004, 10:10 PM   #6
trying2win

Talking The Meadows

--I just checked out The Meadows website at http://www.<a href="http://www.latm....w.latm.com</a> on this Thursday evening. Surprisingly, The Meadows (A Magna-owned harness track) still has free live video. Believe it or not!...Does anyone know what Ripley's phone number is? I'd like to give them a phone call, so they could include this story on one of their future TV shows.

T2W

Last edited by trying2win; 01-29-2004 at 10:14 PM.
Old 01-29-2004, 10:43 PM   #7
baseball3109

meadows

hey t2w,

During the summer I accessed the meadows site in hope of watching the Adios eliminations but to no avail. When I clicked on live racing I was sent to another page which was pretty much telling me live racing was no longer available. Then I saw your post and checked back tonight and hey what do you know I was watching races from the meadows. Could have sworn I tried to watch the Adios and the site said "sorry we are no longer offering free live racing", but hey the more tracks available for free the better for us.

Are there any other tracks that you know of offering free webcasts?
baseball3109 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-29-2004, 11:22 PM   #8
trying2win

Lightbulb Free live video links

Quote:
Originally posted by baseball3109
hey t2w,

During the summer I accessed the meadows site in hope of watching the Adios eliminations but to no avail. When I clicked on live racing I was sent to another page which was pretty much telling me live racing was no longer available. Then I saw your post and checked back tonight and hey what do you know I was watching races from the meadows. Could have sworn I tried to watch the Adios and the site said "sorry we are no longer offering free live racing", but hey the more tracks available for free the better for us.

Are there any other tracks that you know of offering free webcasts?
Baseball,

--First of all, let me say that I goofed when I listed The Meadows website URL. It should be www.latm.com ...The inimitable Roger Huston calls the races at The Meadows.

--Besides the free live video links at www.trackvu.com ...there are other harness tracks that provide free live video. If you go to SQ'S website, he has an excellent page of free live video links for many U.S. and Canadian harness tracks. I won't list SQ's website link here, but I'll let him do the honors. He posts here quite regularly. So you won't have to wait too long. As a matter of fact, I see he's online right now. If you don't want to wait, send him an e-mail or a private message. I'm sure he'll be happy to help you.

Thanks,

T2W

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: