Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > Handicapping Software

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 4.00 average.
Old 10-02-2012, 06:16 PM   #16
Lefty

Fond Memories of Using The Pace Calculator at Ellis park in the 50's and 60's.
Hauled in many good priced winners with it.
Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-02-2012, 09:39 PM   #17
atlasaxis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hosshead
I wish Bris had an "All Tracks Per Month" racefile package.
Hoss I went back and forth with those chuckleheads from brisnet a number of times about that very thing. Guess when they have idiots like me some months paying upwards of $300+ for data files, why do a smaller monthly rate for unlimited files.
Old 10-02-2012, 10:39 PM   #18
atlasaxis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lefty
Fond Memories of Using The Pace Calculator at Ellis park in the 50's and 60's. Hauled in many good priced winners with it.
Lefty that must have been an AMAZING period of time going to the track back then! One of the posters on here who I've had the good fortune to communicate with numerous times, had as a mentor someone who actually went to the track with Ray Taulbot on a number of occasions. My friend's mentor used the pace calc for MANY years with phenomenal success as evidenced by all the journals he left behind (noting every single wager he ever made) when he passed away last year. That little piece of plastic was something else!
Old 10-02-2012, 11:40 PM   #19
speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by atlasaxis
Hoss I went back and forth with those chuckleheads from brisnet a number of times about that very thing. Guess when they have idiots like me some months paying upwards of $300+ for data files, why do a smaller monthly rate for unlimited files.
DRF was $119 unlimited monthly and if you pay for a year at a time like $100 monthly. If you can use DRF data files it's considerably cheaper.
speed is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-03-2012, 02:46 AM   #20
Speed Figure
DJ M.Walk

Quote:
Lefty that must have been an AMAZING period of time going to the track back then! One of the posters on here who I've had the good fortune to communicate with numerous times, had as a mentor someone who actually went to the track with Ray Taulbot on a number of occasions. My friend's mentor used the pace calc for MANY years with phenomenal success as evidenced by all the journals he left behind (noting every single wager he ever made) when he passed away last year. That little piece of plastic was something else!
Take a look at this! http://www.jcapper.com/PastPerformances/ these pp's are on the same scale as bris. The only thing that's different is where the prime power is on bris these pp's have the PSR rating. This is the projected speed rating for today's race. Other than that everything is set up the same way. So why pay $300 plus when you can pay $89 for all tracks and you get full results!
Speed Figure is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-03-2012, 06:05 AM   #21
jk3521
Registered Loser

[QUOTE=Lefty]Fond Memories of Using The Pace Calculator at Ellis park in the 50's and 60's.
Hauled in any good priced winners with it.[/QUOTE

Do you use the system any longer?
jk3521 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-03-2012, 08:59 AM   #22
Partsnut
BetMix User

The Taulbot Pace Calculator is a pretty good piece of software.
I was fortunate enough to be given a copy when I briefly worked for Star
publishing.

Being as The Windows version is not compatible with my Vista operating system, I decided to combine AmerVar which was the original Taulbot software that requires manual entry, with the PaceAppraiser methodology.
I did todays 6th race at Belmont without using the optional "angles".
Here's what I came up with. Let's see how the race plays out.
My top 4 contenders are all within 5 points of the top rated horse.
Also notice that "Shankopotamus" has an obvious pace advantage.

Attached Images
File Type: gif R6.gif (27.6 KB, 320 views)

Last edited by Partsnut; 10-03-2012 at 09:05 AM.
Partsnut is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-03-2012, 10:15 AM   #23
Partsnut
BetMix User

Here are the screen shots for the 3rd race at todays DEL using (AmerVar) all the contenders that were within 5 points of the top rated horse. In this race there are (4). I did not use PaceAppraiser for this race.
I used the "Angles" adjustment for the top 4 horses.

Attached Images
File Type: gif DEL R3 AV.gif (18.8 KB, 314 views)
Old 10-03-2012, 01:23 PM   #24
Lefty

jk3521, I haven't used it in years. I once had the old computer prgm of it where you put in everything manually. I then started using Doc Sartin prgms but now just use a couple of simple RPM prgms with my money mgt method.
Old 10-03-2012, 02:55 PM   #25
JimG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lefty
but now just use a couple of simple RPM prgms with my money mgt method.
Hi Lefty,

Out of curiosity, what RPM programs do you find interesting? Here or pm is great. Good to see you posting.

Jim
JimG is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-03-2012, 03:26 PM   #26
Lefty

Jim, how are you? I have been using PHQS for a couple of months and have been getting some nice longshots with it. Just got TOP HORSE a couple of weeks ago and it's simple and i'm seeing some interesting aspects for place betting.
Both of these prgms are simple and quick.
Old 10-03-2012, 03:29 PM   #27
atlasaxis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Partsnut
The Taulbot Pace Calculator is a pretty good piece of software.
I was fortunate enough to be given a copy when I briefly worked for Star
publishing.

Being as The Windows version is not compatible with my Vista operating system, I decided to combine AmerVar which was the original Taulbot software that requires manual entry, with the PaceAppraiser methodology.
I did todays 6th race at Belmont without using the optional "angles".
Here's what I came up with. Let's see how the race plays out.
My top 4 contenders are all within 5 points of the top rated horse.
Also notice that "Shankopotamus" has an obvious pace advantage.
R6 - 6, 5, 7 pace calc
Old 10-03-2012, 03:40 PM   #28
atlasaxis

Quote:
Originally Posted by speed
DRF was $119 unlimited monthly and if you pay for a year at a time like $100 monthly. If you can use DRF data files it's considerably cheaper.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed Figure
Take a look at this! http://www.jcapper.com/PastPerformances/ these pp's are on the same scale as bris. The only thing that's different is where the prime power is on bris these pp's have the PSR rating. This is the projected speed rating for today's race. Other than that everything is set up the same way. So why pay $300 plus when you can pay $89 for all tracks and you get full results!
Thank guys. Unfortunately the pace software only uses bris or trackmaster data files. I contacted Rich from HDW and he said Jcapper files will only work in that software. Appreciate the suggestions though.

Tom
Old 10-03-2012, 03:46 PM   #29
Speed Figure
DJ M.Walk

Quote:
Thank guys. Unfortunately the pace software only uses bris or trackmaster data files. I contacted Rich from HDW and he said Jcapper files will only work in that software. Appreciate the suggestions though.

Tom
Contact Jeff, rename the file to .drf and it will load in any program that uses bris pp's. I've already tried this and it loaded in my program with no problem.
Speed Figure is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-03-2012, 03:47 PM   #30
JimG

Quote:

Tom
Tom,

You may want to get a sample file from Jeff. I know for a fact his hdw files worked in several products that took bris files. I know they worked in WorKHorse Pro. I cannot recall if I tried in Pace Computer. They just need to be renamed to the drf extension. Check it out with Jeff before dismissing as an option.

Jim
JimG is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: