Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > Advance Deposit Wagering (ADW)

Old 04-16-2012, 02:26 PM   #1
edmond1

Premier Turf Club - Canadians ?

Below is an email I received from PTC a few weeks ago. Now what ? Do they think I will now bet through HPI and receive next to nothing. No thanks. If anything, better to place bets at 5Dimes or BetCris now. Besides the slower feeds this is just another reason why this game is going down the drain. If anyone can advise me otherwise please private message me ....

Dear Mr. *******,

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your patronage at Premier Turf Club.

As you may already know, Premier Turf Club is currently licensed in the State of Oregon to provide Advance Deposit Wagering services. The terms of our licensure allow for us to legally accept wagers from international customers, and as such we have offered accounts to Canadian residents.

The Canadian Parimutuel Association has a different view on Canadian residents wagering outside its borders. While we strongly disagree with this viewpoint, their position has made it increasingly difficult for us to secure simulcast agreements, and we are now faced with the unpopular decision of having close our Canadian accounts.

In accordance with our Terms and Conditions, we will return any account balances in excess of $2.00 to you by sending a check to the address on file within the next 7 business days. If you are not sure if your address is up to date with us, please log into your account at BetPTC.com within the next 24 hours and click on "Player Tracking" and then "My Profile."

Should the situation change regarding our ability to offer accounts to Canadian residents in the future, we will contact you with an update.

Best regards,

Todd Bowker
General Manager, Premier Turf Club
edmond1 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-19-2012, 05:03 AM   #2
facorsig

The PTC/Canadian resident struggle has been an on-going struggle. Early in the history of PTC, a Canadian resident (I believe he was a Woodbine management team member) obtained a PTC account, placed a $2 show wager on a WO race and got PTC banned from Canadian accounts.

I was happy with PTC's service while I used them. Many other residents have been impacted by these bans, too.
facorsig is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-19-2012, 11:39 AM   #3
GameTheory

Quote:
Originally Posted by facorsig
The PTC/Canadian resident struggle has been an on-going struggle. Early in the history of PTC, a Canadian resident (I believe he was a Woodbine management team member) obtained a PTC account, placed a $2 show wager on a WO race and got PTC banned from Canadian accounts.
What he did was pull Woodbine from PTC because they already weren't supposed to be taking CA accounts (at least if they wanted the Woodbine signal). Then the Woodbine exec doofus made a big show about it, calling PTC a "rouge" ADW.

Anyway, I guess it is a choice between having Canadian customers or being able to carry Canadian tracks.
GameTheory is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-19-2012, 08:43 PM   #4
edmond1

PTC does not even carry Canadian tracks. What's the big deal ? Now I will definitely not bet 1 penny with HPI ..... No more slot revenue for these tracks as well....just a matter of time...
edmond1 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-20-2012, 10:31 AM   #5
melman

Quote:
Originally Posted by edmond1
PTC does not even carry Canadian tracks. What's the big deal ? Now I will definitely not bet 1 penny with HPI ..... No more slot revenue for these tracks as well....just a matter of time...
Not correct with BetPTC I can bet on Flamboro, Georgian, Rideau Carlton, and Western Fair. The rest of your beef is correct. HPI is not the friend of the bettor.

Last edited by melman; 04-20-2012 at 10:32 AM.
melman is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: