Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > Handicapping Library

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 03-31-2012, 09:07 PM   #1
Inglewood Flamingo

the late George Thacker

Anyone on this board every had any dealings with this late author from the San Diego area? He was a toteboard, parlay and progressive betting advocate. Maybe even some due column stuff too.

I searched this board and only found him mentioned in one thread and my PMs have gone unanswered up until this point. Thanks in advance.
Old 03-31-2012, 10:55 PM   #2
Dave Schwartz

I knew a Ron Thacker who advocated that stuff back from my days in Las Vegas.

Real bright guy. Lost track of him many years ago.
Dave Schwartz is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-07-2012, 02:51 AM   #3
Old Timer

I suggest you check with Phillips Racing Newsletter. Back in the 80s and early 90s when Russ Dietrich was living he would publish some of Thacker's stuff.
Try e-mailing alandietrich1@hotmail.com to see if he can locate some of what was published back then.

Old Timer
Old Timer is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-08-2012, 11:01 PM   #4
Inglewood Flamingo

Thanks OT but I emailed Alan already and he said without the name of the system or article he would not be able to look him up.
Old 04-09-2012, 06:41 AM   #5
upthecreek

Thacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inglewood Flamingo
Thanks OT but I emailed Alan already and he said without the name of the system or article he would not be able to look him up.
I have the PRN's that had a 3 part article about Thackers method If u r interested hit me up, I can scan and email them to u or whatever ud like to do
Thanks
upthecreek is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-10-2012, 06:04 PM   #6
Inglewood Flamingo

upthecreek, I just sent you a PM.
Old 04-16-2012, 09:42 AM   #7
timtam

late george thacker

I corresponded with Geo Thacker in the late 80's. All due column wagering
with progression betting. He would lose X amount of dollars then would only
try to recoup the losses on his bets before making his profits. I foresaw lots
of steep bets just to recoup your losses. One free method he sent me was
play the lowest odds of the first three post positions make your goal and quit for the day. He also sent me a sheet where you made this huge concensus
and played that horse make your profit quit for the day. Lots of times it
was the favorite. He sent me lots of graphs on steep progression which would
work for a while but when the eventual losers would come along you were
in steep deep mashed potatoes. Nice guy but no thanks!
timtam is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-26-2012, 09:41 AM   #8
Aimtrader

George Thacker

Sorry for the late reply. I don't sign on very often any more. I knew George and the systems he used quite well. He was able to generate a steady income on a monthly basis from racing. Note I said monthly NOT daily.

His basic premise was that each horse at a certain odds range would have a certain % wins. For example a horse going of at 5 to 1 odds horse would win on average 11% of the time. This would apply to all odds ranges. Knowing this he could figure out the standard deviation or longest possible loosing streak in advance for each horse odds. In addition he used a due betting system of so much per race depending on his available capital.

In his PRN articles he would bet the horse going off at 5-1 odds with a due column. He also had systems to bet the favorites and second favorites for recovery purposes when his due got very large. Another system he had when his due got large was to spread his bets on a number of other horses to help recover the due and make a profit. The recovery methods were never published in PRN.

I saw him make a steady income for a number of years and I used some of his systems to make a living myself for a while till I moved on to Sartin and PIRCO.

If anyone is interested and since I have used, and am familiar with his systems, I am willing to do some writeups of some of them for a small fee to cover my time and expenses.
Aimtrader is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-03-2012, 11:46 PM   #9
Old Timer

Aimtrader,

What is the "small amount to cover your time and expenses?"

I'm interested but would like to know how much I'm spending.

Old Timer
Old Timer is offline   Reply With Quote Reply