Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Contests + Other Interesting Racing Topics > 2012 PaceAdvantage Challenge Series, sponsored by RDSS > RDSS Sartin/Bradshaw Mem 'Road to the Roses' (Mar 10 – Apr 21, 2012)

Old 03-02-2012, 07:28 PM   #16
Turkoman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Trotter
$2.00 minimum just like at the track. As a strategic note, you only have 30 races in which to leverage your bankroll, so making small overall bets on any particular race could put you at a significant disadvantage.
Well, yes and no. Players who can manage to build a nice early lead will probably be making those small $2.00 wagers towards the end of the contest. It only makes sense, right?
Old 03-02-2012, 07:31 PM   #17
Jay Trotter
CHEESEY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turkoman
Well, yes and no. Players who can manage to build a nice early lead will probably be making those small $2.00 wagers towards the end of the contest. It only makes sense, right?
True dat!

Jim Schoenfeld
Old 03-05-2012, 06:13 PM   #18
ldiatone

do we 'sign up' here in this thread? if so i'll sign up. im ready.
ldiatone

and now in Lancaster, CA.
Old 03-05-2012, 06:22 PM   #19
Jay Trotter
CHEESEY

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldiatone
do we 'sign up' here in this thread? if so i'll sign up. im ready.
ldiatone
No need to sign up. You just start posting on the appropriate day. We'll set up daily threads similar to the Gapfire and Ridersup Contests. Good luck -- it should be fun.

Jim Schoenfeld
Old 03-05-2012, 09:43 PM   #20
ldiatone

Quote:
No need to sign up. You just start posting on the appropriate day. We'll set up daily threads similar to the Gapfire and Ridersup Contests. Good luck -- it should be fun.
K

and now in Lancaster, CA.
Old 03-08-2012, 10:35 AM   #21
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
I do plan on posting an example of the allowable bets but I only have so many hours in the day.
Say no more!

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 13hour_clock.jpg (31.9 KB, 179 views)
Old 03-08-2012, 11:32 AM   #22
Jay Trotter
CHEESEY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom
Say no more!
Example posted in March 10th thread see here

Jim Schoenfeld
Old 04-06-2012, 12:17 PM   #23
Aner

I need clarification. I thought the contest was for 30 races only. I see many players have already used more than 30 races and have not completed their 10 mandatory ones. Is this OK? I have a lot of ground to make up.

RULES

2. The Contest consists of 30 total thoroughbred races running from Saturday, March 10th to Saturday, April 21st , 2012.
Old 04-06-2012, 01:40 PM   #24
Red Knave
dGnr8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aner
I need clarification. I thought the contest was for 30 races only. I see many players have already used more than 30 races and have not completed their 10 mandatory ones.
I think you are reading the results incorrectly. The first number is the TOTAL number of races bet, the second number is the number of mandatory races included in the total. So, no one has over 30.

The takers get the honey, the givers sing the blues - Robin Trower, Too Rolling Stoned - 1974
Old 04-06-2012, 01:53 PM   #25
Aner

Thanks. You are right.
Old 04-10-2012, 09:26 AM   #26
LAP_520

Am I reading something wrong in these rules ?......I notice there are a lot of players that have more than 20 PLAYER's CHOICE races which puts them over the 30 race limit. ( 10 of those races of the 30 total must be Stakes races)

In my situation it shows 20 races in first coloumn and 9 races in the Stakes coloumn as of 4/07/2012......therefore I have one stakes race left to play . right ?

1.This is an individual player event.

2. The Contest consists of 30 total thoroughbred races running from Saturday, March 10th to Saturday, April 21st , 2012.

3. The Contest includes a series of 15 Graded Stakes races, comprised of Kentucky Derby preps.

A minimum of 10 of the Graded Stakes races are mandatory as part of a player’s 30 race total.

5. The balance of the 30 thoroughbred race total will be “Player’s Choice” from any North American track with entries and results listed in Equibase. (www.equibase.com)

Play will be allowed from Wednesday to Sunday weekly and US/Canadian Holidays as posted.

If that question is correct, then my question is what happens to the players bankroll money that have played more than 30 races...is it deducted, or are they disqualified ?

I am no where near winning anything here,,,,but would like an answer. Hate rule breakers.

Thanks

Last edited by LAP_520; 04-10-2012 at 09:27 AM.
Old 04-10-2012, 11:42 AM   #27
Jay Trotter
CHEESEY

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAP_520
I am no where near winning anything here,,,,but would like an answer. Hate rule breakers.

Thanks
You have 20 Total Races played of which 9 are the Mandatory Stakes racces. The 9 Stakes races are included in your 20 race total.

Hope that makes sense.

Jim Schoenfeld
Old 04-10-2012, 12:18 PM   #28
ndsc32

Lap, don't know if this will answer your question. The way I see it is that the first number is the total races that the player has played up to date and the second column shows how many of those races played are the required stakes races (10) that are needed, No one has played mored than 30 races. In my case, it shows 27 races and the second colomn shows 7 races. This tells me that I have 3 races left to meet the 30 race requirement and I also need 3 stake races to meet that requirement. So, my next three races must be the required stake races only giving me a total of 30 playes and 10 of those 30 are stakes. Hope you can understand what I am saying LOL

I see that Trotter has already answered the problem. I am a little late.
Old 04-10-2012, 06:39 PM   #29
Track Collector
Grinding at a Poker Table

Just a quick note here.....

We have already stated that if a player gets in a position where they can not make 30 total races (of which at least 10 of them must come from the mandatory group), they then become ineligible.

I think Jay already mentioned this somewhere else, but just in case you did not see it, here it is again:

Should a person continue to post AFTER reaching a total of 30 races (of which at least 10 must come from the Mandatory group), subject posts will simply be ignored. Posting beyond 30 total races IS NOT a reason for disqualification.

Chris
Old 04-11-2012, 08:51 AM   #30
LAP_520

Thanks Guys for explaining.

I was reading the first column as Player's Choice races and the second column as Stakes only races...then adding the two columns to get to maximum 30 races.

Looks like I have a lot of Player's Choice races to choose from.