Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 307 votes, 4.96 average.
Old 01-28-2015, 05:19 AM   #16816
hcap

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar
What should I know about him? If he's an unbeliever he probably has little to offer since he doesn't believe that all truth is God's truth. But if he's a believer, that may well be a different story. At least then he'd be operating from a set of true assumptions.

What do you have for me for TAM and GP tomorrow? Can I get those results now, please? I'd like to get my bets down early before I leave the house tomorrow.

And one more thing before I go...No skeptic, no unbeliever can ever answer this question either, which is: Why is the universe what it is and not something else? However, Evangelical Christians aren't a loss to provide a reasonable answer to that question.
After googling your time "flows" from the future stuff....I found this.

http://www.angelfire.com/va/sovereig...triunity1.html

E. Charles Heinze wrote "Trinity and Triunity"
Salvation and the Nature of the Godhead

It seems this 1995 copyrighted article might have been a source for your entire 11 part treatise.
Quote:
All of time flows from the future through the present into the past. The year 2100 A.D. is some distance in the future, but it steadily comes closer until it becomes present and then proceeds into the past. Thus the future is the source of all time.
So just as I thought, there are only other fundamentalists (and no others) who believe the same flawed logic of the future "flowing" towards us instead of the present moving and changing into and towards the future.

How come you did not credit him or at least footnote him along with "The triune concept of time" of Nathan Wood?

Predicting the future is the logical outcome of your theory, not the rest of the world's rational theory that the future has not yet happened. The rest of is can say with confidence "past performance is no guarantee of future results". But according to you and your reverse arrow of time and the outright denial of cause and effect, YOUR clock runs in reverse. That's why I asked you FIRST to predict the outcome of 20 future races. You then simply commandeered my thoughts about the logical ramifications of your view, and because you had no answer to my question of picking outcomes (or UN-BREAKING EGGS), just threw it back at me without thinking.

The biggest problem you have is the denial of cause and effect. If the past does not "cause" or form the present and the present does not "cause" or form the future, all of what we believe and how we behave becomes irrelevant and downright irrational. There is then NO reason for you to NOT jump off the top floor of a building, or drink a cup of hemlock. Causality and entropy point to past events preceding present or future events. Once again you are in your moving car and you mistakenly think the world around you is moving towards you. If that were the case why must you fill your tank before your road trip and not after? Entropy indicates energy must be expended before an action takes place.
Quote:
The second law of thermodynamics helps us understand why the world works as it does — why hot pans cool down, why our bodies stay warm even in the cold, why gasoline makes engines run.
You are not able to point to ONE logical ramification of your theory. So it will remain only speculation. You might as well tell us aliens live above your garage and pay the rent in moonbeams.
Old 01-28-2015, 11:43 AM   #16817
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcap
After googling your time "flows" from the future stuff....I found this.

http://www.angelfire.com/va/sovereig...triunity1.html

E. Charles Heinze wrote "Trinity and Triunity"
Salvation and the Nature of the Godhead

It seems this 1995 copyrighted article might have been a source for your entire 11 part treatise. So just as I thought, there are only other fundamentalists (and no others) who believe the same flawed logic of the future "flowing" towards us instead of the present moving and changing into and towards the future.

How come you did not credit him or at least footnote him along with "The triune concept of time" of Nathan Wood?
How come? Because I've never heard of the man before. Learn to read.

Quote:
Predicting the future is the logical outcome of your theory, not the rest of the world's rational theory that the future has not yet happened. The rest of is can say with confidence "past performance is no guarantee of future results". But according to you and your reverse arrow of time and the outright denial of cause and effect, YOUR clock runs in reverse. That's why I asked you FIRST to predict the outcome of 20 future races. You then simply commandeered my thoughts about the logical ramifications of your view, and because you had no answer to my question of picking outcomes (or UN-BREAKING EGGS), just threw it back at me without thinking.
Explain how, precisely, "predicting the future is the logical outcome of [my] theory". Explain that to me Why should I be able to predict the future when I have consistently maintained the Future is really unknown and unknowable. We can never be certain about anything that is in the Future.

Quote:
The biggest problem you have is the denial of cause and effect. If the past does not "cause" or form the present and the present does not "cause" or form the future, all of what we believe and how we behave becomes irrelevant and downright irrational.
That is not a problem. God is the Ultimate Cause of all things, whereas his rational, moral creatures are the Immediate Cause.

It is you who has tremendous problems with your backwards theory! You would have Yesterday flowing into Today or flowing into Tomorrow, if time is streaming at us FROM the Past!

You second huge problem is that I turned your wonky logic upon your own head as to which one of us should be able to predict the Future. Again, if time is flowing FROM the Past to us, then you should be able know who is going to win all of today's races at TAM and GP, since [b]that which is in the Past is known or knowable. Again, sir, do you know what you had for breakfast earlier this morning? Or do you know what you had for dinner last night? Since both of those time frames are in the Past, you should be able to tell us what you ate on both occasions, and if you can tell us with certainty what you ate in the Past, then why can you not tell us who will win those races today, since that time is also in the Past, coming up on us fast.

You see, you want to have it both ways, which is so typical with you. You want to tell us that Time flows to us out of the Past, completely forgetting that all time in the Past is known or knowable, but then come up with crazy excuses for why you have no knowledge of the outcome of races that will be run later on today. How is it that you can have knowledge of some things in the Past but no knowledge of other things, since ALL things in the Past are either known or knowable? In fact, your inane theory itself demands that we have PAST knowledge because according to you, this is the very knowledge that is largely driving our actions for the Future!

Quote:
There is then NO reason for you to NOT jump off the top floor of a building, or drink a cup of hemlock.
Well...maybe not for you...but for me, my Christian/Theistic worldview says otherwise. When a person is born again by the Word of God and his Spirit, his life is no longer his own. From that day forward he lives and works for his Lord.

Quote:
Causality and entropy point to past events preceding present or future events.
Again, the "degradation of matter" (such as the aging of our bodies, for example) was predestined in eternity.

Quote:
Once again you are in your moving car and you mistakenly think the world around you is moving towards you. If that were the case why must you fill your tank before your road trip and not after?
So that I can move, too, to meet the Future? Also, do I need to fill up my bicycle with gas to take a road trip?

So, it you who have three insurmountable problems and you need to address these problems and the ramifications I wrote about in my 16806.

1. If Time flows to us out of the Past, we would have Yesterday flowing through the Present to become Today and Today flowing into the Future to become Tomorrow. OR we would have Yesterday flowing into the Future to become Tomorrow and Tomorrow flowing into the Present to become Today. And as pointed out in my 16806 with either path of Time, there are serious problems! In fact, insurmountable ones for you!

You need to tell us in a clear, concise, one sentence statement what precisely is the "arrow of time". You have told us FROM where you think the arrow flies, but you have not told us what the target of the arrow is. Is the ultimate target of the arrow the Present or the Future?

2. Since you think that the source of all Time is the Past, you need to explain to us exactly how did Yesterday ever become that since Yesterday could not have possibly proceeded from the Future through the Present? Your theory clearly implies there is no such thing as Yesterday -- unless of course, Time makes a u-turn to return to its source. You want to talk about the source of time which you say is the Past, but you don't want to tells us how Yesterday became that in the first place, since Yesterday is always coming/flowing toward us. Understand this once and for all: You have Yesterday PRECEDING the Present and the Future. So...how did Yesterday ever BECOME Yesterday?

3. Finally, you need to tell us why you have no knowledge of the outcome of today's races since you have Time flowing to us out of the Past and, therefore, that which is in the Past is known or knowable to us.

Have a nice day.
Old 01-28-2015, 02:20 PM   #16818
thaskalos

Quote:

Explain how, precisely, "predicting the future is the logical outcome of [my] theory". Explain that to me Why should I be able to predict the future when I have consistently maintained the Future is really unknown and unknowable. We can never be certain about anything that is in the Future.
And yet...you are certain about your afterlife destination.
Old 01-28-2015, 02:40 PM   #16819
TJDave

Worms

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos
As am I.
Old 01-28-2015, 04:31 PM   #16820
boxcar

Quote:
Yes, I'm dead certain about that and other things because God knows what the future holds. Why would I not believe God?

But what about you? Aren't you certain, as well, that all will be well with your soul when you die?
Old 01-28-2015, 04:33 PM   #16821
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJDave
As am I.
As am I about yours if you don't repent and believe the gospel of Jesus Christ.
Old 01-28-2015, 05:09 PM   #16822
thaskalos

Quote:
Yes, I'm dead certain about that and other things because God knows what the future holds. Why would I not believe God?

But what about you? Aren't you certain, as well, that all will be well with your soul when you die?
Boxcar...when someone hands me a book and tells me that it's the work of God...my tendency is to disbelieve him.
Old 01-28-2015, 06:21 PM   #16823
boxcar

Quote:
Boxcar...when someone hands me a book and tells me that it's the work of God...my tendency is to disbelieve him.
Why would that be? Would that kind of task be too daunting for the Creator? Above his pay grade?

But again what about you and the afterlife: Aren't you certain that it's all going to end well for you? If so, on what grounds?
Old 01-28-2015, 06:41 PM   #16824
thaskalos

Quote:
Why would that be? Would that kind of task be too daunting for the Creator? Above his pay grade?

But again what about you and the afterlife: Aren't you certain that it's all going to end well for you? If so, on what grounds?
Even Einstein marvelled at the mysterious nature of our universe...but you are smart enough to unravel even the mysteries of the world beyond.
Old 01-28-2015, 09:48 PM   #16825
boxcar

Quote:
Even Einstein marvelled at the mysterious nature of our universe...but you are smart enough to unravel even the mysteries of the world beyond.
If Einstein had been a student of God's Word, he would have been at least as smart as me. I mean...look at poor 'cap. In his ignorance of divine truth, he's struggling trying to harmonize his absurd version of the "arrow of time" with how all our yesterdays have become yesterdays. All because he has his little arrow pointed in the wrong direction.
Old 01-29-2015, 11:05 AM   #16826
Actor
Librocubicularist

Quote:
If Einstein had been a student of God's Word, he would have been at least as smart as me. I mean...look at poor 'cap. In his ignorance of divine truth, he's struggling trying to harmonize his absurd version of the "arrow of time" with how all our yesterdays have become yesterdays. All because he has his little arrow pointed in the wrong direction.
Is economics the flow of wealth from the poor to the rich? Or is it the flow of poverty from the rich to the poor?

One of my college professors asked that, in physics class.
Old 01-29-2015, 11:09 AM   #16827
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Actor
Is economics the flow of wealth from the poor to the rich? Or is it the flow of poverty from the rich to the poor?

One of my college professors asked that, in physics class.
What does this have to do with the present discussion of the "flow of time"?
Old 01-29-2015, 12:17 PM   #16828
hcap

Quote:
Are you smart enough to understand and harmonize this?
E-G-O?
Old 01-29-2015, 01:38 PM   #16829
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcap
Are you smart enough to understand and harmonize this?
E-G-O?
Yeah, yeah...so, Mr. Einstein, have you figured out for us, yet, how all our yesterdays have become yesterdays, since your arrow of time is coming from the Past to only God knows where?

Boxcar
P.S. And God gets all the credits for my smarts. Where would I be without his Word? Oh yes...of course -- I'd be in the world of Skeptics.
Old 01-29-2015, 01:52 PM   #16830
thaskalos

Quote:
Yeah, yeah...so, Mr. Einstein, have you figured out for us, yet, how all our yesterdays have become yesterdays, since your arrow of time is coming from the Past to only God knows where?

Boxcar
P.S. And God gets all the credits for my smarts. Where would I be without his Word? Oh yes...of course -- I'd be in the world of Skeptics.
Have you read Emmet Fox at all, Boxcar? What's your opinion about Emmet Fox?

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: