Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 08-29-2011, 05:49 PM   #1
boxcar

NASA Scientist Getting in on Space Alien Threat

Aliens may destroy humanity to protect other civilisations, say scientists

Rising greenhouse emissions could tip off aliens that we are a rapidly expanding threat, warns a report.

It may not rank as the most compelling reason to curb greenhouse gases, but reducing our emissions might just save humanity from a pre-emptive alien attack, scientists claim.

Watching from afar, extraterrestrial beings might view changes in Earth's atmosphere as symptomatic of a civilisation growing out of control – and take drastic action to keep us from becoming a more serious threat, the researchers explain.

This highly speculative scenario is one of several described by a Nasa-affiliated scientist and colleagues at Pennsylvania State University that, while considered unlikely, they say could play out were humans and alien life to make contact at some point in the future.

Shawn Domagal-Goldman of Nasa's Planetary Science Division and his colleagues compiled a list of plausible outcomes that could unfold in the aftermath of a close encounter, to help humanity "prepare for actual contact".

This junk scientist who buy into to the junk science of man-made global warming has just redefined what it means to be desperate.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/science/20...-civilisations

Truth is indeed stranger than fiction.

Boxcar
Old 08-29-2011, 06:47 PM   #2
Greyfox

In this day and age, this is relatively old news and was posted here a month ago.

See this link:
http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/s...hlight=Warming

Last edited by Greyfox; 08-29-2011 at 06:51 PM.
Greyfox is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-29-2011, 07:51 PM   #3
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyfox
In this day and age, this is relatively old news and was posted here a month ago.

See this link:
http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/s...hlight=Warming
Two observations: You must operate on a different lunar cycle 'cause the date of my article was only 8/18 -- less than two weeks ago. Secondly, the thread to which you linked us to had nothing to do with aliens invading our planet. Other than these two minor "factoids" your point is well taken.

Boxcar
Old 08-29-2011, 08:24 PM   #4
Greyfox

Right. I gave you the wrong link.
However, the NASA alien stuff was up about 2 weeks ago on this forum and discussed at the time it came out. Unfortunately, I can't find the thread.Wind your watch ahead.
Old 08-29-2011, 08:28 PM   #5
Hanover1

If they are smart enough to find us before we find them, I conclude they see us as a threat to ourselves and noone else. To be watched with amusement at the suffering we enact upon one another, while struggling to understand our existence in the first place. Threat? A free ticket to the county fair perhaps. They will quickly notice that ants are superior in social activity as opposed to us, and continue to be amused. Hardly a threat if we follow our accepted logic to its conclusion here.
Hanover1 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-29-2011, 09:51 PM   #6
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyfox
Right. I gave you the wrong link.
However, the NASA alien stuff was up about 2 weeks ago on this forum and discussed at the time it came out. Unfortunately, I can't find the thread.Wind your watch ahead.
You might be thinking of the Klugman story I posted. He, too, was hypothesizing about all the good things would happen to the economy if we we were to be invaded by space monsters. The Left has totally lost it.

Boxcar
Old 08-29-2011, 09:58 PM   #7
Greyfox

No. It was a NASA link. I think one guy said they might even eat us.
Now that would be "thought for food."

Last edited by Greyfox; 08-29-2011 at 10:00 PM.
Old 08-29-2011, 10:16 PM   #8
FantasticDan
gelding

Greyfox, I think this is what you're looking for.. it was buried in the Rick Perry thread..

http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/s...&page=15&pp=15
FantasticDan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-29-2011, 10:28 PM   #9
sammy the sage

Who gives a fraats
Old 08-29-2011, 11:07 PM   #10
Greyfox

Quote:
Originally Posted by FantasticDan
Greyfox, I think this is what you're looking for.. it was buried in the Rick Perry thread..

http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/s...&page=15&pp=15
Thank you FantasticDan, I knew that I had read it. But danged I couldn't find it. The dateline was Aug 19.
Old 08-30-2011, 12:00 AM   #11
bigmack

In other GW news....

Al Gore to Global Warming Skeptics: You Will be Shunned Like Racists

When the reporter interjected he didn't the see the correlation between civil rights (something Al's father voted against) and global warming Al agreed and said "Well morally it is." So it's Al's position that if you question MM GW you're like someone who wanted separation of races????

Gore urged Americans to curb greenhouse gases, adding that "The very existence of our civilization is threatened."

Big Al is losing it - http://www.ibtimes.com/articles/2055...g-skeptics.htm

Being most of the media is in on the scam with 'Warmists' ---

Mental illness rise linked to climate

Quote:
RATES of mental illnesses including depression and post-traumatic stress will increase as a result of climate change, a report to be released today says.

The paper, prepared for the Climate Institute, says loss of social cohesion in the wake of severe weather events related to climate change could be linked to increased rates of anxiety, depression, post-traumatic stress and substance abuse.

The report, A Climate of Suffering: The Real Cost of Living with Inaction on Climate Change, called the past 15 years a ''preview of life under unrestrained global warming''.

http://www.smh.com.au/environment/me...828-1jger.html
bigmack is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-30-2011, 12:11 AM   #12
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmack
In other GW news....

Al Gore to Global Warming Skeptics: You Will be Shunned Like Racists

When the reporter interjected he didn't the see the correlation between civil rights (something Al's father voted against) and global warming Al agreed and said "Well morally it is." So it's Al's position that if you question MM GW you're like someone who wanted separation of races????

Gore urged Americans to curb greenhouse gases, adding that "The very existence of our civilization is threatened."

Big Al is losing it - http://www.ibtimes.com/articles/2055...g-skeptics.htm

Being most of the media is in on the scam with 'Warmists' ---

Mental illness rise linked to climate

http://www.smh.com.au/environment/me...828-1jger.html
These blind sheeple are also redefining "paranoia".

Boxcar
Old 08-30-2011, 08:34 AM   #13
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

The center of Al Gore's head is millions and millions of degrees.
Old 08-30-2011, 09:56 AM   #14
Marshall Bennett

I don't believe in aliens anyway. We have to be within their scope of existance before they can be termed aliens. The universe is too vast and time prevents our being discovered so I don't get bothered with it.
Marshall Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-30-2011, 09:59 AM   #15
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

You better go see Apollo 18....just saying.....