Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > Advance Deposit Wagering (ADW)

Old 05-16-2011, 06:32 PM   #1
showbet

Bad data on "Twinspires Classic" tote

For some reason, "Twinspires Classic" tote displays incorrect Win/Place/Show pool information for a few tracks. The W/P/S total pools are correct, but the amount of money bet on each individual horse (and the corresponding percentage of each horse's share of these pools) is wrong.

Refer to the attached jpg:

1. Brisnet SuperTote final WPS pools for Fort Erie's 1st race today. SuperTote does not display the WPS amounts for the individual horses at Fort Erie, for a reason that escapes me. Same thing with Dover Downs - SuperTote shows pool totals for Dover, but not the amounts wagered on the individual horses.

2. Twinspires Classic final WPS pools for Fort Erie's 1st race today. The total pool figures are correct, but if you add the money bet on each individual horse it does not equal the total pool. Eg, Win Pool Total: 14,213. Add each horse's share of the Win pool: 11,803. 11,803 is 83% of 14,213.

3. Twinspires Classic final WPS percentages for Fort Erie's 1st race today. Adding each horse's percentage of the Win pool (or Place pool or Show pool) should total 100%, but instead it totals 83%.

4. Brisnet SuperTote final WPS pools for Finger Lakes' 1st race today. If you add the amount bet on each individual horse in each pool, you get the amount shown in the Total Pool (+/- a couple of dollars). Eg, Win Pool Total: 16,362. Add each horse's share of the Win pool: 16,360. It's always off a dollar or three, but I consider this to be accurate.

5. Twinspires Classic final WPS pools for Finger Lakes' 1st race today. The total pool figures are correct, but if you add the money bet on each individual horse it does not equal the total pool. Eg, Win pool Total: 16,362. Add each horse's share of the Win pool: 13,414. 13,414 is 82% of 16,362.

6. Brisnet SuperTote final WPS percentages for Finger Lakes' 1st race today. If you add each horse's percentage of the Win pool (or Place pool or Show pool) it should total 100%, and it does.

7. Twinspires Classic final WPS percentages for Finger Lakes' 1st race today. Adding each horse's percentage of the Win pool (or Place pool or Show pool) totals 82%, instead of the correct figure of 100%.

It appears that the dollar amounts (and percentages) displayed on Twinspires Classic for the individual horses reflects the track takeout. Fort Erie's percentages illustrated above total 83% and their WPS takeout (according to HANA) is 16.95%. Finger Lakes' percentages total 82% and their WPS takeout is 18%. These are not the only two tracks on Twinspires Classic tote where these strange figures appear - I've noticed the same thing for Pompano Park, Windsor Raceway, The Red Mile, and perhaps a couple of other tracks over the past few years.

I realize I'm probably the only person on this board who cares about this, but before I email Twinspires (and hope for a reply) I thought someone might know the reason for this odd way of displaying pool information, and why it's done this way for these particular tracks.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg twinspires classic and supertote pool info.jpg (94.9 KB, 152 views)
showbet is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-22-2011, 06:50 PM   #2
affirmedny

It could be worse, you could have NJBETS. In this race do you want the 1 or 1a? lol

Attached Images
File Type: jpg njbetsodds2.JPG (19.8 KB, 83 views)
affirmedny is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-22-2011, 08:00 PM   #3
Ray2000
Apple 2GS Wiz

This has been going on for a long time.

I have a small spreadsheet that pulls in tote info for Dr Z and Kelly type calculations and have had to put in a check sum formula to redflag bad tote sums.

Pompano and Dover are the worse actors and it appears it is the track that is sending bad info to the tote because other ADWs have the same problem.

If these people were accountants, they'd all be fired.

Bret Harte
Ray2000 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-22-2011, 09:11 PM   #4
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Let me break out an old chestnut.

http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=68739

Btw, still waiting on that email back from Twinspires
JustRalph is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-22-2011, 10:40 PM   #5
showbet

update

Someone at Twinspires must've seen this thread. On the Twinspires Classic tote on Saturday, Finger Lakes (1 and 2 on the attached .jpg) and Pompano Park both had the correct WPS amounts and percentages for the individual horses.

Today at Fort Erie the data for Race 2 was also correct (3 and 4 on the attached .jpg). However, the tote for all the other Fort Erie races today displayed nothing but zeros for the individual horses (5 on the attached .jpg), just like on SuperTote.

Also, Rideau Carleton, which always used to display the correct figures, today is showing "0" for the WPS amounts for the individual horses, just like Fort Erie.

Saturday was the first time in the 3 1/2 years that I've had a Twinspires account that the figures have been correct for Finger Lakes and Pompano. They got it right for one race at Fort Erie today, and that is encouraging, though I don't know why we got the "0"s for all the other races. As for Rideau, it's strange that as we get complete and accurate data for two of the tracks (and at least Fort Erie didn't have the bad data today), we see less data displayed for this track. All four tracks are running tomorrow, and I'll be interested to see if the improvements continue.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg twinspires classic pool info update.jpg (74.7 KB, 53 views)
showbet is offline   Reply With Quote Reply