Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > Advance Deposit Wagering (ADW)

Old 04-26-2011, 11:38 PM   #1
Rico8812

Hey Little Guy- What's up w/ this?

http://blog.timesunion.com/capitol/a...elephone-bets/

Twin Spires taking over Nyra Rewards?!? That's a big WTF! Why give up the online wagering side of your business? That's your best chance at growth for the next decade and beyond.
Rico8812 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-26-2011, 11:44 PM   #2
affirmedny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rico8812
http://blog.timesunion.com/capitol/a...elephone-bets/

Twin Spires taking over Nyra Rewards?!? That's a big WTF! Why give up the online wagering side of your business? That's your best chance at growth for the next decade and beyond.
It doesn't say they're giving it up. Do you think they're giving it to them for nothing? I believe it's called outsourcing.
affirmedny is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-26-2011, 11:47 PM   #3
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Since when is TLG the official NYRA spokesman? You might want to contact the press office.

Now, if I read that correctly, I think it simply means they are changing the physical location of where the phone calls end up. They are going to pay TS to act as their call center. Nothing else appears to be changing except for where the calls are routed.

It says nothing of TS taking over NYRA Rewards or NYRA giving up their highly lucrative online and telephone wagering business. It probably costs less to pay TS to answer the phone than it does to pay your own operators and maintain your own call center.
PaceAdvantage is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-27-2011, 06:20 AM   #4
lamboguy

twinspires uses a company in oregon to take their calls for the bigger phone wager's. i was impressed how good and fast they were. they answered the phone everytime before the first ring finished.
lamboguy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply