Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 3.40 average.
Old 07-04-2011, 10:05 PM   #46
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by wizard_of_odds
I know how much it costs and I dont have MY head in my ass...You need to get your head out of your ass and back up these accusations you are making.Did you know you could be sued for slander of this man...
He hasn't posted anything factual. It's all been basically his opinion. You can't sue someone for libel (it would be libel because it was written) based on their opinion of a public figure.
PaceAdvantage is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-11-2011, 10:50 AM   #47
Wingtips

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/...html?viewAll=y

Stand down on your skepticism. This article vindicates JCG.

Best line, from an eclipse award winning journalist no less:

"He has a brand new ice machine. His horses stand in ice to soothe their legs."
Wingtips is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-11-2011, 01:37 PM   #48
lamboguy

i think we should all be proud of trainer juan carlos the G. he has been such a great and moral impact on the game. if you don't believe me ask his owners, they are all wonderful people including the joey p stables. and his go to rider is a very fine outstanding model citizen, mr kendrick karmouchey
lamboguy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-11-2011, 02:53 PM   #49
pandy

Articles like this are common but the fact is, the odds that he is winning at 40% without using something illegal are minimal at best. It is certainly not icing legs, which horsemen have been doing for a hundred years. When Mark McGuire was hitting homeruns every other at bat there were many veteran sports writers who got wrote these types of articles saying how hard McGuire worked out and how his hard work was paying off, all nonsense.
pandy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-11-2011, 03:09 PM   #50
lamboguy

how about the horse that the guy wrote about santorini moon? i think i know a little bit about that one. thats the one he claimed he clocked in the morning. what he didn't tell you is the rider worked the horse in the morning for trombetta , told trombetta that the horse had to many problems and he should run the horse for $12,500. the jocks girlfriend just happens to be the barn foreman for juan carlos, the rider winds up riding the horse every race after the claim on such a bad horse and the new trainer looks like a genious and wins over $100k with the horse since the claim. that is why mr. gurero is a fine example of an honest hard working trainer. he said so himself in he article in writing.
Old 07-11-2011, 04:03 PM   #51
Patrick333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingtips
http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/...html?viewAll=y

Stand down on your skepticism. This article vindicates JCG.

Best line, from an eclipse award winning journalist no less:

"He has a brand new ice machine. His horses stand in ice to soothe their legs."
Nice article. Is he legit? I certainly hope so.
Patrick333 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-11-2011, 05:31 PM   #52
Wingtips

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamboguy
how about the horse that the guy wrote about santorini moon? i think i know a little bit about that one. thats the one he claimed he clocked in the morning. what he didn't tell you is the rider worked the horse in the morning for trombetta , told trombetta that the horse had to many problems and he should run the horse for $12,500. the jocks girlfriend just happens to be the barn foreman for juan carlos, the rider winds up riding the horse every race after the claim on such a bad horse and the new trainer looks like a genious and wins over $100k with the horse since the claim. that is why mr. gurero is a fine example of an honest hard working trainer. he said so himself in he article in writing.
Last I knew, Kendrick Carmouche was happily married with a family. Not sure about the girlfriend part. He also won on the filly for Trombetta the day she was claimed. That said, has he ridden other Trombetta horses recently? He rode a lot for him in the past. All things considered, from personal experience, I wouldn't trust Carmouche with a high level secret.
Old 07-11-2011, 05:32 PM   #53
thaskalos

Juan Carlos Guerrero...an HONEST horseman?

Guerrero...legit?

Let's see...

When Guerrero claims horses, he wins with them FIRST TIME OUT...at a 50% clip.

But when OTHER trainers claim horses FROM Guerrero...these horses only win at a 3% clip in their debut for their new connections.

He says that the secret to his success is the fact that he is such a great judge of talent.

What happens to those horses when they leave his barn...do they forget how to run?
Old 07-11-2011, 05:48 PM   #54
Relwob Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos
Guerrero...legit?

Let's see...

When Guerrero claims horses, he wins with them FIRST TIME OUT...at a 50% clip.

But when OTHER trainers claim horses FROM Guerrero...these horses only win at a 3% clip in their debut for their new connections.

He says that the secret to his success is the fact that he is such a great judge of talent.

What happens to those horses when they leave his barn...do they forget how to run?

They either forget to run or the new connections haven't bought their new ice machines yet........
Relwob Owner is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-11-2011, 05:54 PM   #55
lamboguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingtips
Last I knew, Kendrick Carmouche was happily married with a family. Not sure about the girlfriend part. He also won on the filly for Trombetta the day she was claimed. That said, has he ridden other Trombetta horses recently? He rode a lot for him in the past. All things considered, from personal experience, I wouldn't trust Carmouche with a high level secret.
from what i understand camarouche has a very questionable past from louisiana. but i can promise you this thing ain't dead even though its been over 6 months now.
Old 07-11-2011, 06:01 PM   #56
Robert Fischer
clean money

what is JCG's ROI @ philly?

what is his ROI figuring in the top rebate bracket?

the tracks do a significant amount of business from a minority of large players. Even if it isn't a positive, losing a few points is acceptable if you have to change a significant amount of dollars.
Old 07-11-2011, 06:06 PM   #57
lamboguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Fischer
what is JCG's ROI @ philly?

what is his ROI figuring in the top rebate bracket?

the tracks do a significant amount of business from a minority of large players. Even if it isn't a positive, losing a few points is acceptable if you have to change a significant amount of dollars.
in the last 3 years he has taken millions in purses without gambling.
Old 07-11-2011, 06:35 PM   #58
Dexter M
Journeyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamboguy
from what i understand camarouche has a very questionable past from louisiana. but i can promise you this thing ain't dead even though its been over 6 months now.
i think you might be confusing kendrick with his father sylvester.
Dexter M is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-11-2011, 07:04 PM   #59
Wingtips

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dexter M
i think you might be confusing kendrick with his father sylvester.
No, he's right. KC was thrown out of PA tracks earlier this decade after being charged in Bucks County with having a consensual sexual relationship with a minor who galloped in the morning. KC left town, charges were disposed, and KC rode elsewhere until getting relicensed several years ago.
http://www.thoroughbredtimes.com/nat...t-charges.aspx
Old 07-11-2011, 07:10 PM   #60
Canarsie

I have a question to ask. Is he insane to do an article and bring attention to himself from more than are looking now? If so he's really out of his mind big egos have brought people down before.
Canarsie is offline   Reply With Quote Reply