Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 01-27-2011, 09:45 AM   #1
andymays
Veteran

Obamacare waivers skyrocket to 729 + 4 states; 4 new SEIU waiver winners

The Real Snow Job in DC.

http://michellemalkin.com/

Excerpt:

The nation’s capital is freaking out over a winter snowstorm.
But everyone else should be up in arms over the real snow job in Washington this week.

While the Democrats continued to extol Obamacare and the president defended the behemoth law during the Date of the Union, HHS was quietly presiding over a massive Obamacare Waiver-mania explosion.
When last we examined the growing list, privileged escapees topped 222.

Now: The list now at 729 — plus 4 states (Massachusetts, New Jersey, Ohio, and Tennessee).

Among the many new union refugees are 4 new SEIU locals :

Last edited by andymays; 01-27-2011 at 09:46 AM.
andymays is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-27-2011, 10:09 AM   #2
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

The lying sack of S___ knows full well OB Care is not only worthless, it is dangerous, and it is nothing more than a vehicle for the bottom feeding democrats to steal money and re-distribute it.

The entire US Government is organized crime and the time to END it is now. We must stop this government. Obama must be removed from office - it is our nation's ONLY priority.

Time to learn from our friends across the sea - shut the damn country down -
a national strike and demand a new government be formed. And no one goes back to work until it happens.
Old 01-27-2011, 10:52 AM   #3
witchdoctor
Veteran

Tom

You heard the State of the Union speech. The main theme is "Win The Future."

or in other words (appropriately) WTF.
Old 01-27-2011, 11:05 AM   #4
ArlJim78

2008 "Yes We Can!"

2012 "WTF?"
ArlJim78 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-27-2011, 11:12 AM   #5
JBmadera

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArlJim78
2008 "Yes We Can!"

2012 "WTF?"
sounds about right....is it 2012 yet? not sure we'll make it at the rate we're going (make that - the direction we're going).
JBmadera is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-27-2011, 11:28 AM   #6
mostpost

Quote:
Originally Posted by andymays
The Real Snow Job in DC.

Excerpt:

The nation’s capital is freaking out over a winter snowstorm.
But everyone else should be up in arms over the real snow job in Washington this week.

While the Democrats continued to extol Obamacare and the president defended the behemoth law during the Date of the Union, HHS was quietly presiding over a massive Obamacare Waiver-mania explosion.
When last we examined the growing list, privileged escapees topped 222.

Now: The list now at 729 — plus 4 states (Massachusetts, New Jersey, Ohio, and Tennessee).

Among the many new union refugees are 4 new SEIU locals :

Michelle Malkin wants you to believe that all you have to do, if you are a union, is say "I want a waiver" and Obama will say "OK, no problem." Malkin is lying; again, as usual.

First of all there is no blanket waiver that exempts any business or organization from the requirements of HR 3590. Waivers are given for the requirement that everyone obtain coverage and for the requirement that there be no dollar limits on benefits.
http://www.poconorecord.com/apps/pbc...210336/-1/news
In the case of dollar limits and organization may be granted a waiver if it can be proved that abiding by the provisions of the law would result in a "significant decrease in access to benefits or a significant increase in premiums," according to a memorandum from Steve Larsen, the director of oversight for the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.
(Bolded Portion is from the link)

A business or organization receives a waiver because it has been able to prove it meets these criteria (criterion?), not because it is a friend of Obama

States can apply for a waiver of the requirement that everyone receive coverage, if they can present a plan that
(A) will provide coverage that is at least as comprehensive as the coverage defined in section 1302(b) and offered through Exchanges established under this title as certified by Office of the Actuary of the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services based on sufficient data from the State and from comparable States about their experience with programs created by this Act and the provisions of this Act that would be waived;
(B) will provide coverage and cost sharing protections against excessive out-of-pocket spending that are at least as affordable as the provisions of this title would provide;
(C) will provide coverage to at least a comparable number of its residents as the provisions of this title would provide; and
(D) will not increase the Federal deficit.

sec 1332 of HR 3590.
In other words, they are doing what HR 3590 requires, but are doing it in a different way.

What the waivers do is recognize that the Healthcare law is not a one size fits all proposition. They provide a way to enforce the law more fairly.
Prove you deserve a waiver, you get one. Fail to prove it, you don't.
Old 01-27-2011, 11:33 AM   #7
NJ Stinks

Almost every tax law ever written exempts somebody.

It's not like Malkin just unveiled the meaning of life.
Old 01-27-2011, 11:44 AM   #8
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ Stinks
Almost every tax law ever written exempts somebody.

It's not like Malkin just unveiled the meaning of life.
Yes, but those exemptions are known up front because they were written into the law. These "exemptions" are being called waivers for a reason. They are being granted after the the fact because they were never written into the law.

Also, I'm glad to see that you equate BORotCare with tax laws. So, you're okay that BO broke another campaign promise that he wouldn't raise taxes on people making under 250K? A real man of his word, isn't he? Just full of integrity!

Boxcar
Old 01-27-2011, 11:49 AM   #9
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Originally Posted by witchdoctor
Tom

You heard the State of the Union speech. The main theme is "Win The Future."

or in other words (appropriately) WTF.
No, I didn't. why would I listen to a stooge mouth words from a teleprompter and lie while doing it?

I am pretty sure I have heard farts that made more sense than this moron.

FUBO
FUBO
FUBO
FUBO
Old 01-27-2011, 11:52 AM   #10
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArlJim78
2008 "Yes We Can!"

2012 "WTF?"

2011 - FUBOFUBOFUBOFUBOFUBOFUBO
Old 01-27-2011, 11:56 AM   #11
NJ Stinks

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar
Yes, but those exemptions are known up front because they were written into the law. These "exemptions" are being called waivers for a reason. They are being granted after the the fact because they were never written into the law.

Also, I'm glad to see that you equate BORotCare with tax laws. So, you're okay that BO broke another campaign promise that he wouldn't raise taxes on people making under 250K? A real man of his word, isn't he? Just full of integrity!

Boxcar
I said tax laws because I know something about tax laws.

As I have said in the past, this health act will be amended as needed. Nothing wrong or abnormal about that. And if it proves ineffective or something better comes along, it will be repealed. That's the way things work here. Somebody tell Malkin before she blows a gasket.
Old 01-27-2011, 12:19 PM   #12
johnhannibalsmith

Could one of the well-versed supporters of this bill that have vast knowledge (much more than any of the pundits) of it tell me how I go about applying for my waiver?

-Robert James Smith, 1989
johnhannibalsmith is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-27-2011, 12:19 PM   #13
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by mostpost
Michelle Malkin wants you to believe that all you have to do, if you are a union, is say "I want a waiver" and Obama will say "OK, no problem." Malkin is lying; again, as usual.

First of all there is no blanket waiver that exempts any business or organization from the requirements of HR 3590. Waivers are given for the requirement that everyone obtain coverage and for the requirement that there be no dollar limits on benefits.
http://www.poconorecord.com/apps/pbc...210336/-1/news
In the case of dollar limits and organization may be granted a waiver if it can be proved that abiding by the provisions of the law would result in a "significant decrease in access to benefits or a significant increase in premiums," according to a memorandum from Steve Larsen, the director of oversight for the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.
(Bolded Portion is from the link)

A business or organization receives a waiver because it has been able to prove it meets these criteria (criterion?), not because it is a friend of Obama

States can apply for a waiver of the requirement that everyone receive coverage, if they can present a plan that
(A) will provide coverage that is at least as comprehensive as the coverage defined in section 1302(b) and offered through Exchanges established under this title as certified by Office of the Actuary of the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services based on sufficient data from the State and from comparable States about their experience with programs created by this Act and the provisions of this Act that would be waived;
(B) will provide coverage and cost sharing protections against excessive out-of-pocket spending that are at least as affordable as the provisions of this title would provide;
(C) will provide coverage to at least a comparable number of its residents as the provisions of this title would provide; and
(D) will not increase the Federal deficit.

sec 1332 of HR 3590.
In other words, they are doing what HR 3590 requires, but are doing it in a different way.

What the waivers do is recognize that the Healthcare law is not a one size fits all proposition. They provide a way to enforce the law more fairly.
Prove you deserve a waiver, you get one. Fail to prove it, you don't.
A nice red herring. No one here suggested there are "blanket" waivers. We know the waivers are targeted (oops, can I use this PI term or is it too uncivil?).

And how do we know that these exemptions aren't merely being granted at the "discretion of the Secretary" or as "the Secretary deems necessary", etc.? Very much of the administration of BOCare is left to to the discretionary powers of bureaucrats.

And your lame argument that these waivers are being granted as political favors doesn't hold any water. It's just a big coincidence that three huge SEIU chapters in Chicago were able to obtain waivers? And another coincidence that just this union alone donated nearly 28 Mil to BO's 2008 presidential campaign. So, this poor, poor, poor, money-strapped union can afford to make this kind of donation, but it can't afford ObamaCare for its rank and file members? Really?

And here's the kicker: Look at the dates the waivers were granted:

HHS gave a waiver to Local 25 SEIU in Chicago with 31,000 enrollees on Oct. 1, 2010; to Local 1199 SEIU Greater New York Benefit Fund with 4,544 enrollees on Oct. 10, 2010; and to the SEIU Local 1 Cleveland Welfare Fund with 520 enrollees on Nov. 15, 2010.

http://cnsnews.com/news/article/seiu...ago-chapter-wa

Now, I have a question for you, Mr. Mosty: How did the locals mentioned in the above article receive their waivers PRIOR to ObamaCare being passed? How did the HHS do that since the bill hadn't become law until Christmas Eve, remember? Just who ordered the HHS to grant the waivers and on what grounds?

I look forward to your reply. But please...don't tell me that the prescience of HHS accounted for the waivers on those dates.

Boxcar
Old 01-27-2011, 12:32 PM   #14
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ Stinks
I said tax laws because I know something about tax laws.

As I have said in the past, this health act will be amended as needed. Nothing wrong or abnormal about that. And if it proves ineffective or something better comes along, it will be repealed. That's the way things work here. Somebody tell Malkin before she blows a gasket.
And HHS is doing this amending?

So, you concede that ObamaCare is a tax on the people of the U.S.? And since you know so much about tax laws, tell me how I can go about getting a waiver or exemption from the IRS on the grounds I can't afford to pay my taxes? How can I get out from under paying taxes? I thought tax exemptions were all written into the law up front, so that all taxpayers know BEFORE they pay their taxes what exemptions they're entitled to and how they must qualify to take those exemptions. But this piece of garbage law is so bad that exemptions are being granted after the fact!? Oh, yeah...now I remember. That's because no one read the bill before it was passed into the law! (This is the new, enlightened, progressive way of passing 2,000+ pages of law, isn't it?)

So, tell me, which Obama do you believe: With the pre-election Obama that he would not raise taxes on people making less than 250k or with the Obama who after ObamaCare became law told us that the bill is really a tax? Which Obama do you believe?

And finally, Malkin has an awful lot of company in blowing her gasket. 27 states officially don't want ObamaCare. Not exactly a popular law...

Boxcar
Old 01-27-2011, 12:43 PM   #15
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnhannibalsmith
Could one of the well-versed supporters of this bill that have vast knowledge (much more than any of the pundits) of it tell me how I go about applying for my waiver?
1. Contribute to Obama
2. Join SEIU