Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > Handicapping Software > HandiFast Handicapping Software

Old 07-18-2010, 08:06 PM   #1
fight

help to handifast users

the program is very good.in all nonmdn races do this. add top2 choices points. then add 3rd and 4th choices points. nor subtract the difference.
examples yesterdats holly p6.
5th race 74pts use top2 4-3 3w 62.20
6th race 88pts use top 2 2-7 2w 3.00
7th race 120pts usetop2 6-3 6 w 520
8th race 59pts use bottom 2 9-2 9w 2060
9th race 88pts use top2 4-1 4 w 10.20
10th race 123pts use top2 9-11 11w 660
p6113k 2x2 128.00in
now it seems around 60pts is decission time
hope this helps my handi friends
a great nother ex sun hol 8th 20pts 1-2 1w 5.80
remember nonmdn racesif mdn check 1sters odds under 7\1 then do top4 work.
fight is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-18-2010, 10:31 PM   #2
Handiman
BarelyWinning

If this truly works and users would like this to be done, I will program in a button to click and do the math automatically and make the selections.

Let me know what everybody thinks.

Handi
Handiman is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-18-2010, 10:49 PM   #3
lsosa54

Until the BRIS $1 file produces the same result with the program, even if the logic works, it will be hit or miss. BRIS $1 file users would have had Koolnquick 3rd on the line under default settings and would have missed a $60 horse using fight's method.
lsosa54 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-18-2010, 11:16 PM   #4
Vinnie

Awesome work fight:

I can well appreciate your methodology and line of thinking in making your selections. Unfortunately, as lsosa54 says, until the $1 dollar Bris file comes up with the same selections we would still be sort of hit and miss in following along with your selections.

Once again, very interesting work and thanks very much for sharing your findings with the rest of us.

Vinnie

"All Human error is impatience; a premature renunciation of method"- F. Kafka
Vinnie is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-19-2010, 09:24 AM   #5
fight

MULTICAPS

i started with bris then realized multicaps muchbetter. ive worked handi daily since its inception. a great program.
Old 07-19-2010, 11:16 AM   #6
Vinnie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Handiman
If this truly works and users would like this to be done, I will program in a button to click and do the math automatically and make the selections.

Let me know what everybody thinks.

Handi
Hello Handi:

I hope that you are feeling awesome and are doing very well? Handi, this would be a super feature to have if it would be capable of performing the calculations on both the $1 Bris and Multicaps data files. It would be very cool indeed.

Once again Handi, first and foremost and above all else, I hope that you are feeling 100% better these days.

Take Good Care and I will chat with you soon.

Vinnie

Old 07-19-2010, 11:23 AM   #7
Vinnie

Quote:
Originally Posted by fight
i started with bris then realized multicaps muchbetter. ive worked handi daily since its inception. a great program.
Hello fight:

I hope that you are doing well? Fight, please tell me if you don't mind sharing, which version of Handifast are you currently using? Are you using Version 2.1 by chance?

Thanks fight.

Vinnie

Old 07-19-2010, 12:26 PM   #8
Handiman
BarelyWinning

Thanks Vinnie.

My youngest daughter turns 30 in August and for her birthday she asked if I would become a Vegetarian just for the month of August. I said yes. This is the third day. But she talked me into being a complete vegan for that time. So no animal products or by-products, and we started 3 days ago instead of August 1st as originally planned.

So now I am eating more like a Racehorse, but still have that Water Buffalo shape for now...

We shall see how things go.

Handi
Handiman is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-19-2010, 05:24 PM   #9
Vinnie

Handi:

I wish you the Very BEST of luck in your temporary "veganism" if there could be such a word?

Handi, I am from Nebraska and grew up in the Midwest. It was all about Steak and Potatoes when I was growing up. I always have to have some form of meat in my diet or I don't believe that I would be too happy. I wish you the very BEST of Luck in your quest to go meatless....

Have a good night Handi and I hope that your wife is feeling much better as well.

All the BEST!

Vinnie

Old 07-19-2010, 05:47 PM   #10
permenbg

more information

I like your idea about using multcaps , can you explain a little more. you add the top two, and - the next two and do what next,

thanks
permenbg
bpermenter@gt,rr,com
permenbg is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-19-2010, 06:18 PM   #11
fight

pem

multicaps improves the program .add top2 then add 3rdand 4th choice then subtract the 2#s about 75up go with top2 74down bottom 2 the break# is subjective. but it works non mdn races only.also the top or the 3rd choice win more than the 2nd and 4th choice.
Old 07-19-2010, 10:06 PM   #12
lsosa54

How does MCP improve the program? My understanding is that HandiFast uses the same info from the MCP file as it does from the drf file.
lsosa54 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-19-2010, 10:54 PM   #13
Floyd

At the risk of redboarding, (Hell, it's a free program and anyone can run the numbers) Handi6 had the Exacta in the 8th @ PID on July 17th using the BRIS files (the 3rd Exacta Handi6 picked on that card.) I play picks (1,2) w (123) and (1,3) w (1,2,3) in the exactas with a saver win bet on the highest odds of the top 2 at post time (for a minimum $18 bet) on certain races and have shown a consistent positive ROI before rebates prior to this, but I hit a particularly nice price in that instance. I've got a slightly different Trifecta strategy that's been profitable as well (Though not in that instance, dammit!) It has been very consistent at certain tracks on certain races (and increases blood flow to a certain part of the body ) but it's all dependent on bankroll management and discipline.

Last edited by Floyd; 07-19-2010 at 11:02 PM.
Floyd is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-19-2010, 11:51 PM   #14
headhawg
crusty old guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsosa54
How does MCP improve the program? My understanding is that HandiFast uses the same info from the MCP file as it does from the drf file.
I have mentioned this before, I think. When I first started to do some programming for Handifast I looked at both Bris and Multicaps files. There is a difference and if I recall it has something to do with the dirt/turf/mud ratings. I didn't look at it very closely but I'm pretty sure that the numbers don't come out the same. For instance some horses will have numbers in those aforementioned ratings with Multicaps but not with Bris. At least, that's how I remember it. However, with the ability to change weights I wouldn't think that overall there would be any difference. In some races Bris will do better and in others Multicaps will come out on top.

And I do know that fight is a daily user of Handifast and not a guy to bs anyone. And as Floyd posted, it's a free program that anyone can mess around with.

Last edited by headhawg; 07-19-2010 at 11:53 PM.
headhawg is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-20-2010, 03:20 PM   #15
permenbg

multcaps

flight..

which ver. of handifast are you using..or do they all work ..

permenbg
permenbg is offline   Reply With Quote Reply