Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 06-30-2010, 06:13 PM   #16
TheBid9
De Profundis ad Lucem

Another Heart Breaker

A 13 year old champion who earns 2 million dollars has obviously not done enough for this greedy bastard. I think that all future owners, of race horses, should undergo an MRI to prove they have a brain and a heart
TheBid9 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-30-2010, 06:48 PM   #17
thespaah

That son of a bitch..
And I also have my suspicions about Woodbine's backstretch security.
This looks like somebody or somebodys had their palm(s) greased.
There should be an Ontario Jockey Club investigation performed by the highest levels.
thespaah is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-30-2010, 09:50 PM   #18
trackrat59

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos
It's hard to believe that this game was once called "The sport of Kings".

Now it's one embarrassment after another...
This hits the nail on the head for me. I've been following this sport for 51 years. The stories just seem to get worse over time. I really feel as though this sport is doomed. With all the problems racing is facing today, stories like this just add more nails in the coffin. How in the world can horse racing attract new fans when $hit like this is allowed to happen?

Everyone involved in this mess should lose a license and their job.

Wake At Noon
RIP
Old 06-30-2010, 09:59 PM   #19
kenwoodall2

Long layoff= years

When a horse goes through the racing office for a return, how long can they be off before having to hand over medical records on them? Does any jurisdiction have a layoff time limit to return? I assume not.
Chrb reported Delta Storm was previously on a vet list in Ca. before entering the Stockton race.
Old 06-30-2010, 10:37 PM   #20
born2ride

Quote:
Originally Posted by joanied
When I read this story this morning, it made me sick. Unbeleivable. How he got onto the grounds, being ineligable is besides the point here, but I hope the investigation concludes with some heads rolling...someone dropped the ball or made a little cash on the side by looking the other way. If the owner doesn't know the rules (unlikely) then the trainer sure as hell did...
poor horse...a Champion and crowd pleaser...and horse that ran 67 freakin' times, obviously, not enough for his owner...who says the horse was his friend because he patter him everyday...gee, a pat a day makes you a horse's friend...I don't think so ...if he cared for that horse, he would have put him out to pasture to live his life in contentment...but hey, he wasn't doing well at stud...after winning over a million dollars, his low class owner wanted more...
I sure hope he's happy now...now he has jack $hit, just what he deserves...besides getting his owner lic. pulled...I hope he has mightmares the rest of his life....SOB!!

Wake at Noon
R.I.P

My sentiments exactly.
born2ride is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-01-2010, 04:09 AM   #21
owlet
Veteran

Again, the whole system is a joke. It is peppered with classless, brazen and stupefyingly greedy idiots that have their noses fixated on tomorrow's buck. They drink at the bar with young ladies, "foregetting" that they are married, they go in debt to feedlots, transpo people and blacksmiths, they cheat brazenely, scratch when they draw the rail, laugh openly at the bettors, appeal suspensions proclaiming their innocence, and then stand aghast at the decline of the sport.
owlet is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-01-2010, 04:19 AM   #22
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by owlet
Again, the whole system is a joke. It is peppered with classless, brazen and stupefyingly greedy idiots that have their noses fixated on tomorrow's buck. They drink at the bar with young ladies, "foregetting" that they are married, they go in debt to feedlots, transpo people and blacksmiths, they cheat brazenely, scratch when they draw the rail, laugh openly at the bettors, appeal suspensions proclaiming their innocence, and then stand aghast at the decline of the sport.
...while complaining that those whining horseplayers are bringing too much negative attention to the game.

Last edited by thaskalos; 07-01-2010 at 04:33 AM.
thaskalos is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-01-2010, 02:43 PM   #23
Cat Thief

I am so hoping Woodbine looks into this carefully but so far I have seen not even a story on Woodbine website ... not 1 comment or story. This is making me wonder if money indeed talks as I think Chickendance has a few dollaars and owns a few race horses but I cannot believe that someone wouldn't eat him out. It is a disgusting thing to do and puts him close to the category Paragallo is in.
Cat Thief is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-01-2010, 02:56 PM   #24
Horseplayersbet.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat Thief
I am so hoping Woodbine looks into this carefully but so far I have seen not even a story on Woodbine website ... not 1 comment or story. This is making me wonder if money indeed talks as I think Chickendance has a few dollaars and owns a few race horses but I cannot believe that someone wouldn't eat him out. It is a disgusting thing to do and puts him close to the category Paragallo is in.
It made every paper, the Bloodhorse, the DRF. There is an investigation being conducted I believe.

Unfortunately, Woodbine's teeth were just dulled tremendously by a Supreme Court decision:
http://www.standardbredcanada.ca/new...t-orc-weg.html

Also, with the Queen's Plate coming up on Sunday, Woodbine is trying to shy away from nastiness like this until next week I would imagine.

Horseplayersbet.com is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-01-2010, 05:46 PM   #25
Cat Thief

Yes and the Queen will be at the race and hand out the trophy. They say her favorite things are horses and corgis. I am sure they won't want her to hear this story but she will ... I believe the nespapers have covered it.
Cat Thief is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-01-2010, 06:05 PM   #26
Trotman
Veteran

Oh I think Woodbine Entertainment is going to do something about this. Bruno Schickendanz's uncle Gustav use to sit on their board of directors and Bruno is just a snotty rich son-of-a-bitch who rides coatails and likes to think he can do whatever. The security will be fired for sure, his trainer Tom Marino will be done and the activists for the health and welfare of horses will go after Bruno with one huge lawsuit, keep watching this will be interesting WEG knows there is no way out on this one and the fingers are also pointed at them.
Trotman is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-01-2010, 08:30 PM   #27
tucker6

TVG mentioned it on Sirius radio this morning. The general consensus from everywhere is that this was disgusting and inhumane. I can't imagine a rug big enough to sweep this under.
tucker6 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-01-2010, 10:07 PM   #28
thaskalos

The only way the punishment will fit the crime will be if the horseplayers start voicing their disgust with unethical practises such as these.

My money says that the decision gets delayed until the horseplayers' attention is diverted someplace else...and then the whole thing gets swept under the rug.
thaskalos is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-02-2010, 03:30 PM   #29
FenceBored

First shoe drops: Barred from Woodbine
Owner and breeder Bruno Schickedanz will no longer be allowed to enter or stable horses at Woodbine, the track's executive vice president of racing, Jamie Martin, said Friday.

-- http://drf.com/news/article/114408.html
FenceBored is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-02-2010, 04:11 PM   #30
Trotman
Veteran

This never made the news but all the WEG security involved we're terminated, also trainer Tom Marino has been suspended until the investigation has been completed by the ORC. WEG didn't sit on their hands they acted which was the right thing to do.
Trotman is offline   Reply With Quote Reply