Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > Handicapping Software > HandiFast Handicapping Software

Old 06-10-2010, 07:48 AM   #1
douglasw32
douglasw32

Exclamation Brother has Terminal Cancer

I know this is probably not the best place to put this out there, but... I am a little messed up right now.

I found out 3 days ago that My older Brother (I have two one older 51, one younger 38) and a sister 45.

Well the older one ended up in the hospital with a back ache and not being able to swallow, turns out he has Cancer in his back, bones and throat.

They had him for about a week, sent him home with a feeding tube and 4 months to live.

He is getting radiation and starting chemotherapy this week.

He has lived in Georgia for about 7 years now, and wants to come home to die, where his family is here in upstate NY.

I always made the FAST PROGRAMS "Donation Ware" sort of just to give it some kind of license, now it actually could have a Purpose !!

Here is my plan:

We are trying to raise enough money to bring my Brother home, and even though I have always been the crazy one that "Throws Away" money on horses, I think I can have a major impact on the effort with everyones help.

He was given 4 months, we only have 4 weeks to get some money together.

CAN YOU HELP ?

I don't care if it is $2.00, The url I am going to post is what we are going to set up in coordination with a "computer Tune Up" day at my small business here in town 2 weeks from now and a Pancake Breakfast we are going to hold 3 weeks from now.

We are also going to use Face Book, so anyone on face book add me as a friend ...http://www.facebook.com/hitechslocal

Then at least you can spread the word on the next link.. the one that takes donations.

Here is what I am asking, ANYONE who can spare a buck or more, go here.

http://www.giveforward.org/timwood/

And give, that way when we get the page completely done and hit Facebook with all the people close enough to come to the Benefit, and the Computer day and when we go to local business's for silent auction items there is already a "bar set"

I am going to be donating $300.00 then I am giving my Brother in law $200.00 to put up and my Wife, Misty $100.00 that way we start off with (If You Help) a lot of hits ... plus a few big donations.

From everything I read that should get this thing off right out of the gate.

If I am out of line PA forgive me and just delete this, I am not big on asking for handouts, but his only request was to come home, and I think I can pull of getting him here for my Mom and Dad. And have my love for handicapping and the community that has accepted me lend a hand without me going down the wrong path and trying to hit a few trifectas next week.... the link above will issue a Check directly to My Brother at the end of the fundraiser.

To date this is the hardest thing I have had to face, it makes you very quickly remember your mortal.
Old 06-10-2010, 07:58 AM   #2
RichieP

Doug
Please check your PM box.

My warmest thoughts/prayers for you and your loved ones

Attached Images
File Type: gif ScreenHunter_10 Jun. 10 07.57.gif (14.3 KB, 536 views)
RichieP is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-10-2010, 08:17 AM   #3
098poi

My Dad passed away a year ago tomorrow and I was fortunate to have family around. I have made a small donation in his memory. Best wishes.
098poi is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-10-2010, 08:30 AM   #4
Floyd

Doug,
Thanks for all you've done. I've tossed a little in the hat, but there is no way I can adequately reward you for the fun I've been having thanks to your efforts. I hope you have lots of chances to laugh with your brother in the time you have together.
Floyd is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-10-2010, 10:13 AM   #5
Pcon04

doug

sorry about your brother my prayers are with

your family daily..

pat
Pcon04 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-10-2010, 11:17 AM   #6
Handiman
BarelyWinning

Hey Buddy,

I will do whatever I can. My next disability check doesn't come till next week, but when I get it I will make sure you get some.

My heart goes out to you and your family! I will keep you all in my prayers!

Your Buddy,
Handi
Handiman is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-10-2010, 12:24 PM   #7
punteray

All My best to you and your family.

Ray Scalise
punteray is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-10-2010, 12:35 PM   #8
mmdorn

Doug,

All my prayers to you and your family.

Mike Dorn
mmdorn is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-10-2010, 03:11 PM   #9
LottaKash

Quote:
Originally Posted by douglasw32
I
He is getting radiation and starting chemotherapy this week.

From everything I read that should get this thing off right out of the gate.

To date this is the hardest thing I have had to face, it makes you very quickly remember your mortal.
Douglas, my heartfelt condolences and prayers are with you, your brother and your family....

I can sympathize with you most greatly, as I have had to face the loss of three of my own family members due to cancer....

Douglas, perhaps this may be inappropriate to say at a time like this, but I feel compelled to say it regardless, because this is what I have witnessed and learned...

If at all possible, and if you have any say in the matter, I strongly urge you to "NOT" let them do any Radiation or Chemo on your brother....It will serve no useful purpose, other than to further line the coffers of those who would sell you those things...

You poor brother has his hands full as it is right now, and those forms of treatment will only add to the "brutality" of his illness....Chemo and Radiation will cause your brother to suffer even more, needlessly...Those products, will burn him and poison him even more so, and, often enough,they "cause" more cancer...And they will only add more misery to his reality....I have seen this in action....

I will continue to pray for him....

best,
Old 06-10-2010, 03:33 PM   #10
pat

Doug
My prayers are with you and your family. My family and i had suffered a blow about 8 months ago my 37 yr old son out of nowhere went into renal failure and had to be put on dialysis while he waited for a kidney.Through the prayers of many my son recieved a kidney from a live donor (non family member), which is astronomical odds.Dont give up hope keep praying.

Pat
pat is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-10-2010, 04:48 PM   #11
barshoe

My prayers are with you and your family.
barshoe is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-10-2010, 06:40 PM   #12
illinoisbred

Doug

Did your brother's doctors give any consideration to stem cell therapy? About 7 years ago,my sister's father in-law was diagnosed with cancer in the same places as your brother and given 6 months to live. The doctor suggested trying stem cell therapy and improvement came quickly and today he's alive and healthier than ever. Just a thought-my prayers are with you and your family.
illinoisbred is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-10-2010, 06:48 PM   #13
lsosa54

Very sorry to hear that, Doug.
lsosa54 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-10-2010, 06:50 PM   #14
Vinnie

Doug:

All warm thoughts, well wishes and prayers go out to you and your family. I wish your brother only the very best. He and your entire family will be in my prayers each day Doug.

Vinnie

"All Human error is impatience; a premature renunciation of method"- F. Kafka
Vinnie is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-10-2010, 07:40 PM   #15
dmattern

Doug,
You have my sincere sympathy. I would like your e-mail address to send you an e-mail that was sent to me about asparagus and cancer. You can take it for whatever you think it is worth.
Sincerely
Dwight
My e-mail is dmattern@neo.rr.com
dmattern is offline   Reply With Quote Reply