Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Contests + Other Interesting Racing Topics > Pace Advantage Toga Party Part XII

Old 05-25-2010, 03:28 PM   #1
OTM Al
intus habes, quem poscis

The Official 'Toga Party VIII Thread

Now that the TC season is winding down and that little issue with NYS government just got solved, it's high time to start the official Toga Party VIII thread. (Don't you think Roman numerals add class to anything?)

As stated before, the particulars are:

Tables reserved in the Festival Tent Aug 14 - Aug 22 (every day but that Tuesday that is....you can go then if you want, but we won't be there)

$6 per person per day to cover the cost of the tables. If for some reason I actually get back more than I paid, any extra will go to TRF. I always give them a few bucks when I'm up there anyway. Good karma.

You don't have to sign up to sit with us, just show up. If the tent staff doesn't know what you're talking about when you say "Where's the PA Group" (we've had a few slow ones...) just look around for laptops. There's always a few there. BTW, I'll bring a heavy extension cord and power supply thingie again.

Even though you don't have to sign up, it does help if you let me know if you are coming. I will get a goodie bag put together for everyone who I know is coming, so that way I know how many I need to make. Also helps everyone that's been there before to coordinate a bit.

So come and join us. Personally, I'm up there on and off through the whole meet and it always feels a lot lonlier those last 2 weeks after seeing everyone. Its a lot of fun, lots of capping, and a few beers mixed in between.
Old 05-25-2010, 04:12 PM   #2
BillW
Comfortably Numb

I've got the 18th thru the 22nd planned (I don't know if I like this class thing though ).

Last edited by BillW; 05-25-2010 at 04:14 PM.
Old 05-25-2010, 04:15 PM   #3
OTM Al
intus habes, quem poscis

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillW
I've got the 18th thru the 22nd planned.
Glad you're able to come this year! We still owe you one after that paddock fiasco at Belmont.
Old 05-25-2010, 05:55 PM   #4
offtrack

Despite protestations to the contrary, I will be there every day.
Old 05-25-2010, 06:19 PM   #5
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Looks like I will be tagging along with Bill........
Old 05-25-2010, 10:18 PM   #6
Rookies
Canadian since 51

$6 per person per day to cover the cost of the tables. If for some reason I actually get back more than I paid, any extra will go to TRF. I always give them a few bucks when I'm up there anyway. Good karma.
Al: Good of you to shell out to Left Wing causes like (T)he (R)ain
(F)orest!

Even though you don't have to sign up, it does help if you let me know if you are coming. I will get a goodie bag put together for everyone who I know is coming, so that way I know how many I need to make.

I was thinking of Harp... However, I will bring a goodie bag of Canada's finest Lagers for your better 1/2 and you could partake too, Al. And, if there's a preference for the finest Commie Tobacco, a company in TO gets shipments from Havana and little old ladies hand roll in front of you. I could be persuaded.

So come and join us. Personally, I'm up there on and off through the whole meet and it always feels a lot lonlier those last 2 weeks after seeing everyone. Its a lot of fun, lots of capping, and a few beers mixed in between.
Screw-the -drivers are the drink du Jour for the Spa for the Rookies' boys. Absolut + America's finest OJ Simpson provider- Tropicana and a few beers... If you're there on the first weekend Al, I/we shall drop by.
Old 05-26-2010, 08:08 AM   #7
cj's dad

This is an Official Reply:

Justin and I will be there the 19th thru 21st; leaving Sunday AM.

PS:

Since I stand most of the time can I only pitch in $3 ??
Old 05-26-2010, 05:22 PM   #8
andicap

Right now it's a bit uncertain but i'm looking at coming up Thursday morning and staying through Sunday racing so i guess that would be the 19th-22nd,

Judging by past history, it will take me four days to get any winners.
Old 05-26-2010, 09:11 PM   #9
cj's dad

Quote:
Originally Posted by andicap
Right now it's a bit uncertain but i'm looking at coming up Thursday morning and staying through Sunday racing so i guess that would be the 19th-22nd,

Judging by past history, it will take me four days to get any winners.
Andy,

I will pay for the ink cartridge if you promise to print cj's figs in a font size bigger than a "2".

PS- I do want a receipt !!
Old 05-26-2010, 09:58 PM   #10
Grits

Ink cartridges and/or laser drums are part of one's required expenses at Saratoga. Ones that are no different than meals, lodging or gate admission. Same goes for Belmont, and other tracks. One can do printouts before leaving home, or pack the printer and supplies and take them along. Weekends are doable ahead, before leaving home, extended stays, not so easy. Somehow ink remains the biggest rip off there is in the vast world of computer technology. Wow, do I resent the $80 to $90 for a laser drum. Or the $22 for an ink jet cartridge. Pure theft . . . . Hate it.

Still, there's no way I could manage to read size 2 font of anything.
Old 05-26-2010, 10:50 PM   #11
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

I think Wed-Thurs for me. Can't get Friday off.
Old 05-27-2010, 08:41 AM   #12
badcompany

I already have reservations for thurs thru sunday. So, I'll definitely be there Fri & Sat.

btw,

My real name is Brett.

Introducing myself, last year, as Bad Company, was a little rough on the dignity.

― Thomas Sowell
Old 05-27-2010, 09:35 AM   #13
Grits

Quote:
Originally Posted by badcompany

My real name is Brett.

Introducing myself, last year, as Bad Company, was a little rough on the dignity.
LOLOLOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL Too funny!!!
Old 05-27-2010, 09:53 AM   #14
OTM Al
intus habes, quem poscis

Quote:
Originally Posted by badcompany
I already have reservations for thurs thru sunday. So, I'll definitely be there Fri & Sat.

btw,

My real name is Brett.

You had to start somewhere Glad you will be joining us again.

Tom, can't you cite a resurgence of the H1N1 virus and how your whole vacation and weekend was ruined by it?

Ralph, it will be good to meet you.

Andy, invest in the iPad. You can put all your files on there, so no printing cost and you can make them as small as you like because the iPad has this really great zoom feature. Probably will pay for itself in ink costs in a few days......

offtrack, Rookies, look forward to seeing you there too.
Old 05-27-2010, 11:40 AM   #15
BombsAway Bob
DimeSupers Really Are!

Here's a couple Package Deals- I stay @ Top Hill

Fast Track Pack - Racing Package

The Top Hill Motel offers you this Saratoga Race Course Package.
This package includes:
  • Overnight acccommodations
  • Clubhouse admission to Saratoga Race Course(seating not included)
  • Racing Program Guide
  • Complimentary Continental Breakfast
Package Rates and Details - $99 for one night (1-2 people). Valid on: July 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, August 1, 2, 3, 4, 8, 9, 10, 11, 15, 16, 17, 18, 22, 23, 24, 25, 29, 30, 31, September 1, 5, 6. Prices are subject to change due to special events.

Top Hill Motel
3290 Route 9 (South Broadway)
Saratoga Springs, NY 12866
518-584-5232
www.saratogatophill.com

Saratoga Track Package

It's post time in Saratoga Springs! Enoy a full day of horse racing at one of the oldest and most prestigious tracks in the country, within one mile from the hotel. The Saratoga Race Course opens for only 6 weeks each year, so this is your opportunity to experience the world famous race track and everything Saratoga Springs has to offer!

This package includes:
  • Overnight acccommodations
  • Clubhouse admission to Saratoga Race Course (seating not included)
  • Official Racing Program Guide
  • Hot and Fresh Cooked to Order Breakfast
Package Rates and Details - Pricing starts at $235 per person. Available 7/23/10 through 9/6/10. Not available for Travers weekend. No racing on Tuesdays.

Hilton Garden Inn - Saratoga Springs
125 South Broadway
Saratoga Springs, NY 12866
518-587-1500
www.saratogasprings.hgi.com
[/url]

Last edited by BombsAway Bob; 05-27-2010 at 11:42 AM.