Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 05-01-2016, 12:49 PM   #46
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by castaway01
I thought Ramon was great, but seeing how much EMD4NOCLUE likes him almost single-handedly makes me doubt my opinion. Did you really write, "Me: I was pulled out of 1st grade as I was too advanced for it. I am skipping 8th grade as I am too advanced for it. We have 2 classes for each grade. Ever wonder why? Because 1 is for the smart kids and 1 is for the slow kids." You're seriously trying to impress us with how smart you were in first grade? What a sad, insecure little person.
I don't need to impress anyone. To be blunt, I have no time right now to waste on you PA trolls. When you handle $10,000 on a card, wasting time on here between 1 pm and 10 pm is a distraction. I made my point, nothing else to say besides it was an analogy. To make a point.

Be back much later on, if you'd like to continue.
EMD4ME is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-01-2016, 12:53 PM   #47
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donttellmeshowme
I think Shemp made my point as to why i dont think hes a great rider. Winning riding titles at Aqueduct does not make you a great rider. Gary Stevens on one leg is a better rider than Ramon.
Battery Stevens?

Ramon was so intelligent, so prepared, so f'n great, the man DIDN'T even need the WHIP most of the time

He beat his foes with his brain, something most others don't possess.
Old 05-01-2016, 12:54 PM   #48
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kash$
EMD-but Alan Garcia won a triple crown race..
I hit the "report bad post" button for this post as LOGIC is not allowed by the trolls on here (not PA, CJ and other mods but the true trolls).

Please don't use logic in these discussions sir
Old 05-01-2016, 02:42 PM   #49
Stillriledup
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by castaway01
I thought Ramon was great, but seeing how much EMD4NOCLUE likes him almost single-handedly makes me doubt my opinion. Did you really write, "Me: I was pulled out of 1st grade as I was too advanced for it. I am skipping 8th grade as I am too advanced for it. We have 2 classes for each grade. Ever wonder why? Because 1 is for the smart kids and 1 is for the slow kids." You're seriously trying to impress us with how smart you were in first grade? What a sad, insecure little person.
Pot meet kettle. Funny how mr Hatorade is posting this garbage. Cmon, you're better than that.
Stillriledup is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-01-2016, 06:34 PM   #50
Robert Fischer
clean money

I hope this isn't too messy and can be appreciated by someone.

I've made a fair amount of posts on this site, so I searched "Dominguez" under my name and it brought up a lot of my thoughts on RD frozen in real-time.

Originally Posted by Robert Fischer
Castellano - who has developed a feather-touch (a la Dominguez) saving horse at the top of stretch and getting the most out Pletcher favorites with strong tactical speed.

Quote:
Interesting ride by Talamo on the fav.

He took the first turn like a cowboy (as opposed to a Ramon Dominguez type ride where he would have come over to the rail and then sit chilly and benefit from controlling the rail prior to the turn).

Quote:
Also, and it may be too subtle, but Flashback breaking a little sluggishly may have caused a little bit of urging and a bit of an unnecessary rush into the first turn. You can kind of ease up through the first turn with a tactical horse on the rail. -You make up ground by being inside without using horse. How many times have we seen Dominguez or someone play the first turn? ...

Quote:
No excuse for losing that, and it still took strong handling from Dominguez on Overanalyze to beat him

Quote:
whether it was Dominguez, or the layoff... He ran maybe the best race of his life

Quote:
but with Horse and rider sitting tight (picture Dominguez when he knows he has secured rail position going to the 1st turn)...

Quote:
the 7 ski holiday can get a piece in spite of her lack of a sustained move, she does have one small move, and quality for Dominguez to guide up.

Quote:
i liked how Lezcano rode that race with the DRINKSONTHEHOUSE.
He set behind the pace group, a lot like Dominguez would do. Ramon (at least for certain @ Saratoga, probably Belmont too) would have waited in the 2 path and possibly finished better, but Lezcano took the Belmont turn wider and still had enough horse.

Quote:
Dominguez doesn't just get mesmerized and fall-in-line like some jocks would have, he sad F-this! and took it.

Quote:
Dominguez out to a smooth start. didn't use him.

Quote:
Haven't done serious capping yet, but what about Dominguez going to ride RULE in the Woodward?

Is that a negative for TRICKMEISTER? a positive for RULE? or just a change?

Quote:
Dominguez can help judge the pace in this sprint.

Quote:
nice ride by Dominguez on the .

Quote:
Dominguez gets 2nd chance pressing from outside today...

Quote:
Reminded a lot of STONECOLDSTEAMER yesterday. For some reason Dominguez didn't get the memo from Junior Alvarado that horses on the lead should be whipped into the rail , wrangled back and then whipped off their lead several jumps from the rail.

Dominguez rode him like a professional instead, and guided the horse to a WIN.
Like Night and Day.

Quote:
A guy like Castellano, who may be physical in both hadling of a horse and in-fighting with other horses/jockeys, will miss the whip more

than a say, a guy like Dominguez who typically is more finesse and speed oriented.

Quote:
You think Leparoux is going to come and eat Dominguez' bread in NY ??

Quote:
These are obviously not a comprehensive list of jockey tendencies. There is a learning curve to analyzing these abilities. Just as we would debate Eli and Brady's specific abilities and characteristics, we do the same for Castellano and Dominguez. When a level of insight is attained the current and past performances of jockeys (seeing them race) can be critically analyzed. The next step is applying this "jockey physicality" to a FUTURE event.

Quote:
I will be shocked if Dominguez does not get much better stock to ride.

Quote:
pretty good to run down a classic Dominguez wire job.

Dominguez did his signature graded turf route winning wire-to-wire ride, and Get Stormy was plenty capable - not only in having the requisite virtues to pull off that trip, but even being favored by the public. Looked a little surprised (RD made no error, i'm emphasizing the surprisingly strong run by the winner) to see the grey blow by.

Quote:
physicality picks

is well meant gelding from the jump of his career... and is in shape and Dominguez (i know this isn't physicality but must include).

Quote:

10- is coming into own for clement , but will be cheering home 5 as well. Dominguez can be tough on the lead, and this horse could get brave at good odds.

Quote:
dirt or turf Dominguez is king on the lead with a sound animal... he lets his horse run, yet keeps his steed relaxed... uses the track configurations to his advantage...and often conserves horse into the far turn while still maintaining his position of leader.

Quote:
He had a dream trip and a solid race but he wasn't of the stamina of the big 3 and Astrology.

Broke well, Dominguez eased him over prior to the turn, eased him out prior to the 2nd turn just off the pace(perfect spot to win at Pimlico) he actually ran well around the turn but once he changed leads he flattened out in the drive.

Quote:
looked like Dominguez stole the break on Strike A Deal, and Cornelio Velasquez(bet down fav Winchester) rode the shit out of my horse(5-2 Al Khali) who still got up.

Quote:
Watch the turn- Dominguez on Super Saver eases into the final turn saving a ton of horse for a sure win, but Rose knows his rival from their days at Delaware and other tracks and Rose moves while Dominguez is "saving" horse and Rose has his horse brush Super Saver. Super Saver can't recover and never gets a chance to change leads until the shadow of the wire, if at all.

Quote:
Dominguez DOMINATED. Usually in the right place, good judgement, even with occasional inner bias where you may have several jockeys gunning for a spot he controls those races.
He doesn't hinder as many horses as just about every jockey.

Quote:
in the 8th?

El Tamberito is proven rateable for Dominguez , probably stalking the rail trip hoping for a pace collapse.

Quote:
Dominguez can slow things down on the turf. His race with Savannah Peach on 9/15/08 was one of my favorites. He exploited the fact that the gate is out of the chute, and then he called the other rider's bluff. Took a mediocre 6f horse out in 26.84 and 3/4ths in 1:18.90 for an easy romp over an 8.5furlong trip.

Quote:
There are very few jockeys who have any talent whatsoever at going wire to wire in a turf route. Maybe it is extremely difficult? Regardless it is rare to see the talent. Ramon Dominguez is the best in North America, possibly the world. He relaxes the horse, he controls the pace and he has enough finesse to give his horse every chance to be strong in the stretch.

Quote:
you see so many past performances where with Dominguez the horse won on a clear wire-to-wire lead for the first time in it's life, and today it has luzzi or garcia so it is such an easy bet against because Ramon Dominguez won the last race.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pompano1 2008
whos the best jockey in new york

Quote:
Quote:
Dominguez can slow things down on the turf. His race with Savannah Peach on 9/15/08 was one of my favorites. He exploited the fact that the gate is out of the chute, and then he called the other rider's bluff. Took a mediocre 6f horse out in 26.84 and 3/4ths in 1:18.90 for an easy romp over an 8.5furlong trip.
Old 05-01-2016, 07:12 PM   #51
Robert Fischer
clean money

Quote:
Quote:
Watch the turn- Dominguez on Super Saver eases into the final turn saving a ton of horse for a sure win, but Rose knows his rival from their days at Delaware and other tracks and Rose moves while Dominguez is "saving" horse and Rose has his horse brush Super Saver. Super Saver can't recover and never gets a chance to change leads until the shadow of the wire, if at all.
I guess this was technically a great ride by Jeremy Rose(School Yard Dreams ,2010 Tampa Bay Derby)

Last edited by Robert Fischer; 05-01-2016 at 07:23 PM.
Robert Fischer is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-02-2016, 09:48 AM   #52
Dahoss9698
Veteran

Quote:
We know your obsessed with Ramon but there were plenty of riders that were better than him.
I'd be interested in seeing you provide 3 riders in the last 10 years who were better than Dominguez.

I'll give you a mulligan on Stevens. One of the best ever, but in the last 10 years? Not even close.
Dahoss9698 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-02-2016, 10:00 AM   #53
SandyW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahoss9698
I'd be interested in seeing you provide 3 riders in the last 10 years who were better than Dominguez.

I'll give you a mulligan on Stevens. One of the best ever, but in the last 10 years? Not even close.
Maybe not 3, but surely one named Joel Rosario.
SandyW is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-02-2016, 11:38 AM   #54
AlBundy33

Dominguez to me was like Ron Pierce at The Meadowlands, I bet on them, they lose. Bet against them, they beat you.

But in the end, Ramon was probably the best when it came to your normal everyday race card. As for big money races, you have to put John Velazquez and Mike Smith ahead of him.
Old 05-02-2016, 11:59 AM   #55
MonmouthParkJoe

Ramon "Long and strong" was always my guy. When he left, a part of me died

I still got Bravo left
MonmouthParkJoe is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-02-2016, 04:17 PM   #56
onefast99

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMD4ME
My mother's Teddy Bear can win a TC race if strapped on appropriately. That does not define how great a jock is.

When I was in 6th grade, my fellow student called me stupid. My reply? "You're so stupid, you don't even know that you're stupid. If you were smart, you wouldn't be stupid. If you knew that you were stupid, you wouldn't be stupid as it takes brains to know what stupid is."

His reply: No. You're stupid.

Me: I was pulled out of 1st grade as I was too advanced for it. I am skipping 8th grade as I am too advanced for it. We have 2 classes for each grade. Ever wonder why? Because 1 is for the smart kids and 1 is for the slow kids.

His reply: No. We just have too many kids.

Point to that story: If one can't tell that Ramon was the greatest rider in the last 10 years, there is no explaining to anyone as they could never recognize true greatness if it hit them in the face.

No offense to any of you or anyone else .....Carry on.

P.S. Yes, I've been watching replays for about 12 years religously. That's 4383 days (add an extra day for leap years). 4383 times about 50 a day is approximately, 219150.

219,150 is hundreds of thousands.

I might be short changing myself as I am not counting live races watched.

Then it might be 500,000
He rode Gossip Column for me at Saratoga a few years back, we were 9/5 and he had a ton of horse in the stretch but didn't keep the rail shut and we got beat by a head. He came walking over to me and my trainer and said, guys that was my fault I didn't keep your horse where he should have been. That to me was enough to realize the guy is as good as it gets.
Old 05-02-2016, 05:04 PM   #57
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMD4ME
I don't need to impress anyone. To be blunt, I have no time right now to waste on you PA trolls.
I don't think I've ever seen castaway as a troll. Have I missed something?

Disagreeing with you does not make one a troll.
PaceAdvantage is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-02-2016, 05:14 PM   #58
Donttellmeshowme
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahoss9698

P Val
Stevens
V Espinosa
G. Gomez
Borel
Castellano

That's 6 jocks that would undress Ramon. Next........
Donttellmeshowme is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-02-2016, 05:35 PM   #59
the little guy

Quote:
P Val
Stevens
V Espinosa
G. Gomez
Borel
Castellano

This is very sad.
the little guy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-02-2016, 06:17 PM   #60
Stillriledup
Veteran

Quote:
P Val
Stevens
V Espinosa
G. Gomez
Borel
Castellano

Wow.
Stillriledup is offline   Reply With Quote Reply