Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 04-22-2010, 03:59 PM   #31
Cardus
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenwoodallpromos
This thread points up an example of conjecture vs. reality and facts in racing!
And how is this different from any other thread?
Cardus is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-01-2010, 03:16 PM   #32
andymays
Veteran

Not the best ride from Dominguez on the #2 Warbling.

This horse can close and he sends like there's no tomorrow. Given the circumstances it was weak.
andymays is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-01-2016, 01:03 AM   #33
Stillriledup
Veteran

So, I'm not a medical professional, but if Ramon asks a doctor if he could ride again, why would a doctor ever not go the safe route and say 'don't ride again'? It's not like doctors get any money if they recommend Ramon ride again and he does ride again without incident. If there's nothing in it for the doctor, you may as well say don't ride again, no doctor is going to risk his career even if it's kinda feasible that Ramon can ride again without any more risk than anyone else who falls off a speeding horse and hits his or her head.

Ramon should come back, get his 15 wins to get to 5000 and go out on his own terms.
Stillriledup is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-01-2016, 09:01 AM   #34
Tall One
Scum Bum!

OP reminded me of the tote influence Pat Day carried at KEE/CD. Only meet you could get a square price on his mounts was Saratoga.

I do recall that boxing Day/Sellers at CD was a fairly solid play though.
Tall One is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-01-2016, 09:55 AM   #35
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillriledup
So, I'm not a medical professional, but if Ramon asks a doctor if he could ride again, why would a doctor ever not go the safe route and say 'don't ride again'? It's not like doctors get any money if they recommend Ramon ride again and he does ride again without incident. If there's nothing in it for the doctor, you may as well say don't ride again, no doctor is going to risk his career even if it's kinda feasible that Ramon can ride again without any more risk than anyone else who falls off a speeding horse and hits his or her head.

Ramon should come back, get his 15 wins to get to 5000 and go out on his own terms.
l love Ramon but he had the same surgeries on the same floor, in the same hospital that my mother had. That really hits me hard. Ramon can't even get shaken up by someone without fearing that he tore some cartiliedge in his brain and causing death.

When I walked into Belmont yesterday ( I haven't been there for 18 months ), I STILL walked up to the big picture of Ramon on Gio Ponti winning a race and caressed his head (on the pic). I have done that every racing day since 2013 as a way of wishing best health up there to him and to let him know one of his die hard fans still wishes he was riding.

There is not a single racing day that I don't wish Ramon was still riding.

There isn't a single jockey, in the last 10 years, who even comes CLOSE to having the performance level of

(Insert Tom Durkin's voice here)

Rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrraaaaaaaaamoooooooooooooon........

Domingueeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeezzzzz
EMD4ME is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-01-2016, 10:11 AM   #36
Donttellmeshowme
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMD4ME
l love Ramon but he had the same surgeries on the same floor, in the same hospital that my mother had. That really hits me hard. Ramon can't even get shaken up by someone without fearing that he tore some cartiliedge in his brain and causing death.

When I walked into Belmont yesterday ( I haven't been there for 18 months ), I STILL walked up to the big picture of Ramon on Gio Ponti winning a race and caressed his head (on the pic). I have done that every racing day since 2013 as a way of wishing best health up there to him and to let him know one of his die hard fans still wishes he was riding.

There is not a single racing day that I don't wish Ramon was still riding.

There isn't a single jockey, in the last 10 years, who even comes CLOSE to having the performance level of

(Insert Tom Durkin's voice here)

Rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrraaaaaaaaamoooooooooooooon........

Domingueeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeezzzzz

We know your obsessed with Ramon but there were plenty of riders that were better than him.
Donttellmeshowme is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-01-2016, 10:21 AM   #37
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donttellmeshowme
We know your obsessed with Ramon but there were plenty of riders that were better than him.
In the last 10 years, there isn't a single jockey that even comes close to the talent, ability and performance level of Ramon.

Not speaking jaded or biased, I call it like it is. Not 1 even comes REMOTELY close to Ramon.

And before anyone starts calling out stats, it's not about stats. It's about watching hundreds of thousands of races and seeing someone who head and shoulders was on a different planet over others.
Old 05-01-2016, 10:55 AM   #38
Donttellmeshowme
Veteran

Quote:
In the last 10 years, there isn't a single jockey that even comes close to the talent, ability and performance level of Ramon.

Not speaking jaded or biased, I call it like it is. Not 1 even comes REMOTELY close to Ramon.

And before anyone starts calling out stats, it's not about stats. It's about watching hundreds of thousands of races and seeing someone who head and shoulders was on a different planet over others.

Bawahhhhhhhhhhhhhh thats funny.
Old 05-01-2016, 11:04 AM   #39
Shemp Howard
Refugee from Bowie

Quote:

"hundreds of thousands of races"......really?

Did you ever see him win a Triple Crown race?
Shemp Howard is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-01-2016, 11:52 AM   #40
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shemp Howard
"hundreds of thousands of races"......really?

Did you ever see him win a Triple Crown race?
My mother's Teddy Bear can win a TC race if strapped on appropriately. That does not define how great a jock is.

When I was in 6th grade, my fellow student called me stupid. My reply? "You're so stupid, you don't even know that you're stupid. If you were smart, you wouldn't be stupid. If you knew that you were stupid, you wouldn't be stupid as it takes brains to know what stupid is."

His reply: No. You're stupid.

Me: I was pulled out of 1st grade as I was too advanced for it. I am skipping 8th grade as I am too advanced for it. We have 2 classes for each grade. Ever wonder why? Because 1 is for the smart kids and 1 is for the slow kids.

His reply: No. We just have too many kids.

Point to that story: If one can't tell that Ramon was the greatest rider in the last 10 years, there is no explaining to anyone as they could never recognize true greatness if it hit them in the face.

No offense to any of you or anyone else .....Carry on.

P.S. Yes, I've been watching replays for about 12 years religously. That's 4383 days (add an extra day for leap years). 4383 times about 50 a day is approximately, 219150.

219,150 is hundreds of thousands.

I might be short changing myself as I am not counting live races watched.

Then it might be 500,000
Old 05-01-2016, 11:59 AM   #41
Kash$
Veteran

Quote:
My mother's Teddy Bear can win a TC race if strapped on appropriately. That does not define how great a jock is.

When I was in 6th grade, my fellow student called me stupid. My reply? "You're so stupid, you don't even know that you're stupid. If you were smart, you wouldn't be stupid. If you knew that you were stupid, you wouldn't be stupid as it takes brains to know what stupid is."

His reply: No. You're stupid.

Me: I was pulled out of 1st grade as I was too advanced for it. I am skipping 8th grade as I am too advanced for it. We have 2 classes for each grade. Ever wonder why? Because 1 is for the smart kids and 1 is for the slow kids.

His reply: No. We just have too many kids.

Point to that story: If one can't tell that Ramon was the greatest rider in the last 10 years, there is no explaining to anyone as they could never recognize true greatness if it hit them in the face.

No offense to any of you or anyone else .....Carry on.

P.S. Yes, I've been watching replays for about 12 years religously. That's 4383 days (add an extra day for leap years). 4383 times about 50 a day is approximately, 219150.

219,150 is hundreds of thousands.

I might be short changing myself as I am not counting live races watched.

Then it might be 500,000
EMD-but Alan Garcia won a triple crown race..
Kash$ is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-01-2016, 12:28 PM   #42
castaway01

I thought Ramon was great, but seeing how much EMD4NOCLUE likes him almost single-handedly makes me doubt my opinion. Did you really write, "Me: I was pulled out of 1st grade as I was too advanced for it. I am skipping 8th grade as I am too advanced for it. We have 2 classes for each grade. Ever wonder why? Because 1 is for the smart kids and 1 is for the slow kids." You're seriously trying to impress us with how smart you were in first grade? What a sad, insecure little person.
castaway01 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-01-2016, 12:31 PM   #43
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Bawahhhhhhhhhhhhhh thats funny.
Could you, just for one day, quit being a troll?

If you want to disagree do so constructively with an actual counterpoint.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-01-2016, 12:36 PM   #44
Donttellmeshowme
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj
Could you, just for one day, quit being a troll?

If you want to disagree do so constructively with an actual counterpoint.

I think Shemp made my point as to why i dont think hes a great rider. Winning riding titles at Aqueduct does not make you a great rider. Gary Stevens on one leg is a better rider than Ramon.
Old 05-01-2016, 12:39 PM   #45
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
I think Shemp made my point as to why i dont think hes a great rider. Winning riding titles at Aqueduct does not make you a great rider. Gary Stevens on one leg is a better rider than Ramon.
Since you didn't know what he was going to post my point remains. Stop trolling, have something to actually say.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply