Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > Handicapping Software > HandiFast Handicapping Software

Old 03-29-2010, 10:18 PM   #1
Hammerhead
Slicker Picker User

Program Offering

Not being a consistent contributer to PA I tried to down load the free offering of Handi It showed up in a DOS window. It showed 1400+ stuff which I download allready in windows what am I missing here? I have a program that I use that can allready use any of the fields from bris. Basically in any form I want. What would the advantage be to using Handi in the DOS version? Except better ideas, better alog's, wiser thinking, cuter graphics, Ha won't discourage me. I will plod along with my own Stupor Slicker Picker Guarenteed to pick "1" winner a week come hell or high water without the help of outside influence in my quest to become the number one hcper ever. Plus I can get my picks with 3 strokes of the ole mouse. No winners but quick.
Old 03-30-2010, 03:27 PM   #2
Handiman
BarelyWinning

The Handifast program I have programmed is in Windows. It is not in DOS. I haven't programmed in dos in ...well since I quit using Turbo Pascal and I can't even remember when that was.

So if you have a DOS program it is not mine.

Handi
Handiman is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-30-2010, 06:30 PM   #3
Hammerhead
Slicker Picker User

Sure wish I new what I downloaded then. Then with my control over the mouse anything could have happened. It opened in a DOS window what ever it was.
Old 03-30-2010, 09:55 PM   #4
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Did you get the one that parses text files from another poster?
Old 03-31-2010, 10:25 AM   #5
headhawg
crusty old guy

Yeah that's odd as the only two people that I know of writing code for Handifast are Handi and myself. In fact, I did not know there was any other code floating around. I would suggest that unless you get a version of Handifast from us or from Doug that you eye it with some suspicion. It's possible that some idiot is releasing a program using the Handifast name but it could be some kind of malicious software.

I hope someone here can clarify where this mystery Handifast "DOS" code is coming from and what it does. I don't remember seeing a post/thread about it.
headhawg is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-31-2010, 12:39 PM   #6
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

I was thinking maybe he got the CVS Trimmer that dukofpearl so generously shared here, too?
Old 03-31-2010, 10:43 PM   #7
dukeofperl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom
I was thinking maybe he got the CVS Trimmer that dukofpearl so generously shared here, too?
point taken but csvtrimmer is a win32 GUI program, not dos.

I did post a dos program named TASK. The supporting thread contained full instructions and program intent which Clearly states the program is not a stand alone h'capping program rather it is simply a helper script that might be useful to some of the members.

My 2c

River Hip Woman ~ Charlie Musselwhite ~

~My avatar~
dukeofperl is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-02-2010, 06:41 PM   #8
raybo
EXCEL with SUPERFECTAS

Well, the only thing DOS about the AllData program is the Infotran parser (which he may be referring to, I suppose), but without the spreadsheet being downloaded it wouldn't do much good.

Anyway, DOS, as far as AllData PPs is concerned, is being "put to bed", thank goodness!

Excel Spreadsheet Handicapping Forum

Charter Member: Horseplayers Association of North America
raybo is offline   Reply With Quote Reply