Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > Advance Deposit Wagering (ADW)

Old 01-08-2010, 06:56 PM   #1
misscashalot

Help me make a decision

I bet now at OTB but would like to bet on-line. I have no experience with on-line betting. Which betting service would you recommend? My considerations are:

1-Quick response for money transfers

2-System dependability

3-My ability to watch races on-line

4-Ability for me to bet by computer

5-Access for me to bet NYRA mainly as well as SoCal, Fla and Ky

6-Quick response from customer service and tech support

7-Perks

8-What did I leave out?

I live in New York

Thank you

Matt

misscashalot is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-08-2010, 07:19 PM   #2
Pell Mell
Veteran

If your allowed, Twin Spires gives all that you ask and more.
Pell Mell is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-08-2010, 07:21 PM   #3
Space Monkey
Veteran

Quote:
1-Quick response for money transfers

2-System dependability

3-My ability to watch races on-line

4-Ability for me to bet by computer

5-Access for me to bet NYRA mainly as well as SoCal, Fla and Ky

6-Quick response from customer service and tech support

7-Perks

8-What did I leave out?
1. I literally make a free deposit and go the betting interface and the $ is there. It can't be any quicker.

2. I have not had 1 problem with their new platform.

3. Live track video and free replays for customers who bet $200 a month. I haven't checked lately, it might be lower.

4. Yes

5. Yes. They cover it all.

6. I haven't had to call them much down thru the years, but when I do, I get to talk to a REAL LIVE PERSON, right away that can handle my problem. I did have to call them recently regarding a debit card change and it was taken care of in 1 short call.

7. They have a VIP/ Rewards Club, but I can't speak for its merits since I am not a high roller.

Twin Spires
Space Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-08-2010, 07:37 PM   #4
misscashalot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Space Monkey
.......Twin Spires
Thanks Space Monkey and Pell Mell
Matt

Old 01-08-2010, 07:49 PM   #5
miesque

I will agree with the points above and I do have to comment that their EZmoney (which is their ACH feature) is extremely efficient both on the deposit and even more importantly on the withdrawal side. To give an example, I made a withdrawal request yesterday morning for a few grand to be transferred from my twinspires to my checking account and this morning when I checked my bank account online the funds were available for me to use. In addition, there are no fees for transfers, I am someone who does not like being nickled and dimed.

On a similar vein, I like the fact that Twinspires.com is part of a publicly traded company with audited financial statements filed with the SEC that I can review and is, at least at present, fiscally sound and with a decent level of liquidity not only significant cash reserves but also significant credit lines. Personally I would not have an account with an entity with fiscal issues, but there seem to be many who don't seem to care.

TwinspiresTV is also another great benefit.
miesque is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-08-2010, 07:49 PM   #6
slew101

Twin Spires also has a $100 bonus for new customers. The rewards program is geared to the high rollers, but you will get something even as a moderate player. Since I play in spurts, I'll get a couple $10 bonuses every few months. Better than nothing.

Last edited by slew101; 01-08-2010 at 07:50 PM.
slew101 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-08-2010, 07:49 PM   #7
Jeff P

Location: JCapper Platinum: Kind of like Deep Blue... but for horses.
Quote:
8-What did I leave out?
If you are playing at Twinspires and want real rebates... you will run afoul of Tracknet's min handle requirement: The player must bet at least $1 million a year in order to qualify for rebates.

IMHO, Twinspires and Tracknet are not the player's best option when it comes to ADW/betting platform.

There are quite a few very solid non-Tracknet ADWs out there paying very good rebates on non-Tracknet track signals with little or no min handle requirement.

Money earned from real rebates has a way of adding up as the player bets races over a period of time... Because it's a percentage of handle it can be thousands over the course of a year as opposed to a few hundred from a sign up bonus from non rebating ADWs. In this day and age options are available to the price sensitive player. IMHO, it pays to seek them out.

-jp

Last edited by Jeff P; 01-08-2010 at 07:54 PM.
Jeff P is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-08-2010, 08:00 PM   #8
misscashalot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff P
.....There are quite a few very solid non-Tracknet ADWs out there paying very good rebates on non-Tracknet track signals with little or no min handle requirement. .....-jp.
Please...what are the names of some that interest you?

Old 01-08-2010, 08:25 PM   #9
Jeff P

Location: JCapper Platinum: Kind of like Deep Blue... but for horses.
Quote:
Track operators and horsemen have created a landscape where ADWs offering more than token rebates of about 2% are not allowed to advertise rates paid... or even the fact that they offer more than token rebates. Otherwise they put themselves at risk of having track signals pulled. If I publicly post names of ADWs offering more than token rebates, or if I publicly post rates that are more than token rates I add to that risk.

Dysfunctional but true.

IMHO, the industry couldn't have created a more dysfunctional landscape had it been the end goal to do so.

Rebate eligibility depends on state of residence and avg monthly handle.

If you want some help navigating the landscape contact me privately... I'll put you in touch with someone who will listen to you, evaluate your situation, and help you find a very solid "home" offering the best pricing given your situation. Understand that when I use the word "home" I use it in the context of it meaning a 100% legal licensed very solid parimutuel ADW.

-jp

Last edited by Jeff P; 01-08-2010 at 08:30 PM.
Jeff P is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-08-2010, 08:35 PM   #10
CincyHorseplayer

Just a tip for those who run ADW's.If you give rebates,send them out a week before Christmas.The impact will be recognized and faith will spawn!

7% is meaningful.But it's not all encompassing or will save you to bet another day,and if 7% changes you from a losing to a winning horseplayer,were talking about what,a 1-6% ROI?

I don't feel like a winner unless I've crossed the 40% ROI threshold.

I bet about 10K a year.A check for $700.00 would be a nice Christmas present on 12/18!!Just a suggestion but it would elucidate the point IMO.
CincyHorseplayer is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-08-2010, 08:54 PM   #11
Space Monkey
Veteran

Quote:
If you want some help navigating the landscape contact me privately... I'll put you in touch with someone who will listen to you, evaluate your situation, and help you find a very solid "home" offering the best pricing given your situation. Understand that when I use the word "home" I use it in the context of it meaning a 100% legal licensed very solid parimutuel ADW.
What this means is that you can negotiate your own deal. I've asked the same ?'s as you M, and I got basically the same answer only from a different person. I don't want to have to bargain my rebate deal like I was buying a car. The people here that promote the rebate sites have all negotiated their deals and are high rollers. Professionals. If you are in that group then I'd say go for it. If you're not, then is it really worth it? For me no. But its your decision.
Space Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-08-2010, 10:07 PM   #12
raybo
EXCEL with SUPERFECTAS

Quote:
Originally Posted by CincyHorseplayer
I don't feel like a winner unless I've crossed the 40% ROI threshold.
My thought exactly!!

Excel Spreadsheet Handicapping Forum

Charter Member: Horseplayers Association of North America
raybo is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-08-2010, 11:48 PM   #13
RichieP

Quote:
Originally Posted by misscashalot
Contact "Lamboguy" here. Straight shooter and connected up the wazoo/
RichieP is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-09-2010, 02:26 PM   #14
Boats

What I like about twinspires, it has a mobile site which works great on a smartphone.
Old 01-10-2010, 05:56 AM   #15
CincyHorseplayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by raybo
My thought exactly!!

Ray my pulse doesn't even hit 75 unless I'm about to hit a big one!!!And I know you're superfecta playin buttt is about the same.

I hear all this talk about positive ROI but IMO it's just not positive if it's less than 40%.

I love the game.But I love it better when I'm doing damage!!
CincyHorseplayer is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: