Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > Horseplayers Association of North America (H.A.N.A.)

Old 01-06-2010, 12:24 PM   #1
miesque

HANA Day at the Races - Feb 6 at Tampa Bay Downs

I am pleased to announce HANA Day at the Races at Tampa Bay Downs on Saturday, February 6. If you live in the Tampa area, have always wanted to make a trip to Tampa Bay Downs or simply would like an excuse to head to a warm weather track for a few days, this is your chance. This is also an excellent opportunity to meet and discuss ideas with a few HANA Board members, as well as meet other fellow HANA members while spending a fun (and hopefully profitable) afternoon at the track. If you are interested in attending HANA Day at the Races on Feb 6, please RSVP by sending me either a PM or an e-mail to skip.away@yahoo.com. Also feel free to contact me if you have any questions.

On a side note, for those who are in the colder areas and are interested in getting away, I would like to point there are some air fare sales which have made the flights into Tampa that weekend much more affordable, but many of them are ending within the next day or two.

Last edited by miesque; 01-06-2010 at 12:26 PM.
miesque is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-06-2010, 08:14 PM   #2
Space Monkey
Veteran

Great!!! Looking forward to meeting everybody!
Space Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-06-2010, 09:24 PM   #3
Charli125

I'll be there too. Wish I could spend a few days, but I'll just be there from around 1 on the 6th till the evening of the 7th.

I'm looking forward to it!
Charli125 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-07-2010, 08:51 AM   #4
miesque

I will be flying into Tampa Thursday night and departing mid-day Sunday and will also be at the track on Friday, as well as of course Saturday. Looking forward to seeing everyone. Hopefully announcing that I will be in attendance does not scare off too many prospective attendees.
Old 01-15-2010, 09:23 AM   #5
miesque

For those who are interested in traveling to Tampa Bay Downs, I wanted to give everyone a heads up that the Hilton Garden Inn down the road from the track is having a special, its $83/night including breakfast if you book under the January Sale adavance purchase rate (which is a Hilton systemwide sale that ends on Jan 31). For those that do not frequent the Hilton chains much, Hilton Garden Inns also have free Wi-Fi, as well as a fridge and microwave in each room. I just booked an Evolution Suite for $99/night including breakfast for three nights
Old 01-15-2010, 10:24 AM   #6
Quagmire

The space shuttle is scheduled for a pre-dawn launch on Sunday the 7th. I don't know if you can see the launches from over in Tampa (look east ) but night time launches are spectacular. Worth setting the alarm clock for.

Date: Feb. 7 +
Mission: STS-130
Launch Vehicle: Space Shuttle Endeavour
Launch Site: Kennedy Space Center - Launch Pad 39A
Launch Time: 4:39 a.m. EST
Description: Space shuttle Endeavour will deliver the final connecting node, Tranquility Node 3, and the Cupola, a robotic control station with six windows around its sides and another in the center that provides a 360-degree view around the International Space Station.
Quagmire is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-29-2010, 10:51 AM   #7
miesque

FYI - This evening I will be sending out confirmation E-mails and PMs with a request for seating preference to those that have RSVP'd for HANA Day at the Races at Tampa Bay Downs. If you have RSVP'd and do not receive a PM or e-mail from me by tomorrow morning (Sat Jan 30) or if you have not RSVP'd and would like to attend please shoot me a PM and let me know.
Old 02-02-2010, 09:46 AM   #8
miesque

I just wanted to bump this thread up one last time for last call since the event is this Saturday and to see if anyone from the Mid-Atlantic wanted to escape yet another snow event this weekend.

Also, I wanted to mention that I will be at Tampa Bay Downs on Friday afternoon and have a table in the Terrace Dining Room, so if you are at the track that day, please drop on by and say hello.
Old 02-02-2010, 03:12 PM   #9
Space Monkey
Veteran

The wet weather is over. The forecast is for lows around 60, high 75 for the rest of the week. Not hard to take. The turf course doesn't dry out very well, but I'm sure by Friday it will be firm!! Looks like a great weekend for HANA's invasion.

Terrace dining room??? This railbird is going to need directions
Old 02-02-2010, 05:33 PM   #10
rrbauer
Both-hands Bettor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Space Monkey
The wet weather is over. The forecast is for lows around 60, high 75 for the rest of the week. Not hard to take. The turf course doesn't dry out very well, but I'm sure by Friday it will be firm!! Looks like a great weekend for HANA's invasion.

Terrace dining room??? This railbird is going to need directions
Clubhouse, 3rd level. You can take the elevator. Modest dress code...no t-shirts, no shorts. Jeans OK.
Old 02-05-2010, 07:08 PM   #11
only11
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by miesque
For those who are interested in traveling to Tampa Bay Downs, I wanted to give everyone a heads up that the Hilton Garden Inn down the road from the track is having a special, its $83/night including breakfast if you book under the January Sale adavance purchase rate (which is a Hilton systemwide sale that ends on Jan 31). For those that do not frequent the Hilton chains much, Hilton Garden Inns also have free Wi-Fi, as well as a fridge and microwave in each room. I just booked an Evolution Suite for $99/night including breakfast for three nights
Next time you travel anywhere i will get you hilton room for half the price:
only11 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-05-2010, 07:37 PM   #12
Space Monkey
Veteran

Quote:
I just want to apologize for putting the "JINX" on.
Old 02-05-2010, 08:06 PM   #13
only11
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Space Monkey
I just want to apologize for putting the "JINX" on.
Sm what time are you arriving maybe we could meet somewhere
Old 02-06-2010, 07:14 PM   #14
only11
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by miesque
I am pleased to announce HANA Day at the Races at Tampa Bay Downs on Saturday, February 6. If you live in the Tampa area, have always wanted to make a trip to Tampa Bay Downs or simply would like an excuse to head to a warm weather track for a few days, this is your chance. This is also an excellent opportunity to meet and discuss ideas with a few HANA Board members, as well as meet other fellow HANA members while spending a fun (and hopefully profitable) afternoon at the track. If you are interested in attending HANA Day at the Races on Feb 6, please RSVP by sending me either a PM or an e-mail to skip.away@yahoo.com. Also feel free to contact me if you have any questions.

On a side note, for those who are in the colder areas and are interested in getting away, I would like to point there are some air fare sales which have made the flights into Tampa that weekend much more affordable, but many of them are ending within the next day or two.

Miesque thank you again,had a great time in tampa,and you do a hell of a job for US the Horseplayer.Look forward to seeing you in April.Developing friendships with fellow players is a good thing.Thanks again.Until then may the horse be with you!
Old 02-06-2010, 10:57 PM   #15
Space Monkey
Veteran

Quote:
Sm what time are you arriving maybe we could meet somewhere
Sorry, only11, I didn't get this message as I turned in early Fri night and headed out to work early AM SAt morning. I went to the track straight from work. I got there early, just bet the double and left. I had friends come down from back home and couldn't stay as we had dinner reservations and tickets to the Lightning game.

I'll be at the track with another member here Wednesday. Playing golf then will hit the Downs probably by the 5th race. Send me a Pm if you can make it. We only have a threesome so if you golf, there's a spot open.