Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > Horseplayers Association of North America (H.A.N.A.)

Old 11-19-2009, 03:23 PM   #1
maryforney
Horse Racing Blogger

Interview with HANA's Theresia Muller

Here's a video interview with Theresia Muller , Treasurer of Horseplayers Association of North America (HANA). Muller speaks about the organization and its goals and also about her personal handicapping methods.
maryforney is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-19-2009, 04:20 PM   #2
rwwupl

Thanks to Mary and Theresia for this. HANA needs all the recognition it can get. Santa Anita officials are very aware and are cooperative.

Thanks, rwwupl
rwwupl is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-19-2009, 04:46 PM   #3
JustRalph
Just another Facist

A Horseplayer, Smart, Beautiful and Great Taste in Sun Glasses..........HANA is lucky to have her!

Wow!!! Great video............
Old 11-19-2009, 04:48 PM   #4
DeanT

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRalph
A Horseplayer, Smart, Beautiful and Great Taste in Sun Glasses!
Thanks Ralph, I do my best. But I prefer to be called "hunky".

Oh, you mean her. Sorry.

Thanks Mary!!!
DeanT is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-19-2009, 05:06 PM   #5
boomman

Thumbs up Your invite to Yavapai Downs

Well done and well said! I especially noticed the part where she stated "I LOVE to spend a day at the races"! All of us in racing have to perserve that attitude!!!! Theresia, we hope you'll see fit to travel to beautiful Northern Arizona next summer and spend "a day at the races" with us!

Boomer
Old 11-19-2009, 05:31 PM   #6
Horseplayersbet.com

I notice they edited out all the curse words. Theresia has a big problem with her Tourettes. Every third or fourth word on the conference call. Good to see she kept up her composure for the most part during the interview.

Horseplayersbet.com is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-20-2009, 01:17 AM   #7
Indulto
Veteran

Composure and intelligence ... what more can you ask for in a spokesperson.
Indulto is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-20-2009, 08:21 AM   #8
RichieP

Quote:
Originally Posted by boomman
Theresia, we hope you'll see fit to travel to beautiful Northern Arizona next summer and spend "a day at the races" with us!

Boomer
Yes and while you are there Theresia please make sure to step up to the windows and place some bets at Arizona's ridiculously low rakes

We certainly should all be supporting the great thoroughbred racing state of Arizona.

**Sorry Boomer nothing personal but your state should have had its racing arm cut off a LONG time ago. If EVERYONE would simply stop betting DOLLARS there watch how FAST real change (good for us the bettors and I don't mean the select few who "rebate". I mean EVERYONE) happens**

Attached Images
File Type: gif ScreenHunter_01 Nov. 20 08.16.gif (2.6 KB, 111 views)

Last edited by RichieP; 11-20-2009 at 08:24 AM.
RichieP is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-20-2009, 08:45 AM   #9
DanG
Easy Goer

This is so encouraging to hear our sports unspoken message be articulated so beautifully. When well educated / dedicated people such as Theresia, Jeff, Dean etc choose to fight for all of us; the entire sport wins.

Great way to start the morning…thanks Mary for the link and Theresia for making us all proud.
~ George Bernard Shaw
DanG is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-20-2009, 10:56 AM   #10
melman

RichieP---I could not agree with you more. There are TWO and only TWO main issues. One high takeouts and two drugs in racing. Having anyone from a group that is supposed to represent horseplayers to a high takeout track is sending the wrong message. Semd her to Monmouth or Meadowlands and have her bet pic4's with the 15% takeout. I think there are way to many people in both the racing industry and HANA who somehow think that new serious players will be created by working on anyother item rather than the big two. The days of people going live to a racetrack are OVER period. Only a couple of "tradition" tracks and a couple of big event races will draw people for live racing. Promote lower takeout and more servere fines/suspensions for drug using trainers. IMO anything else is a waste of time.
melman is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-20-2009, 11:02 AM   #11
BillW
Comfortably Numb

Quote:
Originally Posted by melman
RichieP---I could not agree with you more. There are TWO and only TWO main issues.
You're happy with the integrity and security of the pools?
Old 11-20-2009, 11:09 AM   #12
cj's dad

I had the distinct pleasure of meeting Theresia at Belmont this year on JCGC day.

She is passionate about the sport, well informed and a fine spokesperson for all of us who enjoy what we do.
Old 11-20-2009, 11:20 AM   #13
melman

Bill--No I am not happy with that item. It is a third item. A VERY distant third item IMO> The only Pool Party I would want to see is one held at a low takeout track with signs saying how much less the takeout is at some tracks compared to others. Again IMO not spending all of the effort on the first two items make the others meaningless. I get the impression that some people feel that by working on any item other than the top two will somehow create new players or make new casual fans into serious players. Not gonna happen.
Old 11-20-2009, 11:34 AM   #14
chickenhead
Lacrimae rerum

Quote:
I get the impression that some people feel that by working on any item other than the top two will somehow create new players or make new casual fans into serious players. Not gonna happen.
Well ADW access to me would argue against the above -- a state where residents can't bet online, or where they're severely limited on how they can play online -- is a very serious hindrance to people betting.

Being able to bet is a precondition to betting.

Last edited by chickenhead; 11-20-2009 at 11:35 AM.
chickenhead is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-20-2009, 11:51 AM   #15
melman

CH--That's another good point you make. I would call it issue number four. Also IMO a DISTANT fourth behind the top two. Recently I believe even a serious player like cj has posted that his betting has dropped by 20% this year. That is not because he does not have access. Lower the take, cut out the drug problem and issues three and four can be worked on. If you have lower takeout and promote the fact that people are really winning by betting on horses then the other item IMO would fall into place. I'll go this far, most of the regular posters know I am a 99% s-bred player. I also hate the silly new "urging" rule that some harness tracks have put in place. I have not bet a dime on any of those tracks that have adopted this silly rule, however if any of those tracks would drop the takeout by a serious number then I would in fact bet more on those tracks then the ones who do not have the silly new rule. Trust me I hate the new urging rule but the takeout IMO trumps all.