Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > Horseplayers Association of North America (H.A.N.A.)

Old 09-30-2009, 03:14 PM   #1
Horseplayersbet.com

Quotes From People Who Are Clueless

This is for quotes from people on the internet that shows what horseplayers are up against:

I figure a thread is needed to show what Horseplayers are up against. Here is an example:

"Cangamble, people like you should probably stick to the little league that is Canadian racing. Clearly you just don’t know what you’re talking about nor do you have any clue what would work in big league racing.

So why not head on back to the home of the Queen’s Plate (or the Canadian-bred, non-winners-of-2, if you can’t tell the difference) and let real people discuss the complexities that actually matter and relate to horse racing on a major circuit.

Most of the “words you’ve posted” either do not make sense or are not applicable whatsoever to horse racing of a significant nature.

With lesser-thans such as yourself continuing to spout your idiocy, the game of horse racing (even in little league status, such as that which you follow) simply cannot and will not “grow” (as you imply you would like) because the numbskulls quite clearly will not get out of their own way.

That makes you a walking, talking, oxymoron, who is no more significant than the next internet troll (another definition into which you clearly fit, based on your brainless expressions at this and every other racing blog you can get your browser on).

Finally, this is in no way “my problem”, for you are the only one here who constantly crows about the take-out. Obviously nobody who is active in horse racing pools really cares about take-out, as at its core, mutuel take-out on American horse racing has been quite steady since the 1970’s.

Furthermore, anyone cognizant of the WPS take-out of roughly 16% being too high in the 1970’s, now has many, many more multi-race options on which the effective take-out is much, much lower.

Why can’t you get it through your head that the take-out is much less significant today than it was in the 1970’s?

Cangamble, why don’t you make it your next mission to try to find a thoroughbred track in Quebec? Maybe that is one significant difference between life in your minor-league world today vs. what you knew in the 1970’s.

And stay out of the major leagues, Cangamble, for obviously the big show is no place for neophytes."
http://www.horseraceinsider.com/blog...mulcast-model/

Horseplayersbet.com is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-30-2009, 03:20 PM   #2
DeanT

That was from me. I was just having a little fun with ya

Oh, if only I wasn't kidding
DeanT is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-30-2009, 05:58 PM   #3
Horseplayersbet.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeanT
That was from me. I was just having a little fun with ya

Oh, if only I wasn't kidding
Your head would pop even if you had to type half the nonsense in that post. And you would never be able to click the reply button even if your head didn't explode, you would just feel too dirty to do it.

Old 09-30-2009, 07:05 PM   #4
Indulto
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horseplayersbet.com
This is for quotes from people on the internet that shows what horseplayers are up against:

I figure a thread is needed to show what Horseplayers are up against. ...
CG,
You sure are attracting a lot of negative attention from commenters at HRI these days. You might want to postphone any public appearances for a while.
Indulto is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-02-2009, 12:47 PM   #5
Horseplayersbet.com

Mr. Waldrop,

I'm sorry but "back to the basics" is the last thing we need. If this industry continues trying to cater to the horse player "bettor" it's going to fail. Does the NFL cater to bettors? Do the thousands who throng to NASCAR races only do so to bet? Enough already!
Jim C 01 Oct 2009 2:21 PM
http://cs.bloodhorse.com/blogs/ntra-...ice-right.aspx

Old 10-02-2009, 01:02 PM   #6
LottaKash

I don't believe that I am following any of this....What are we talking about here ?....

best,
Old 10-02-2009, 02:53 PM   #7
LottaKash

Quote:
Mr. Waldrop,

I'm sorry but "back to the basics" is the last thing we need. If this industry continues trying to cater to the horse player "bettor" it's going to fail. Does the NFL cater to bettors? Do the thousands who throng to NASCAR races only do so to bet? Enough already!
Who is going to fail ?.....

I believe it is you "Horseplayersbet", that doesn't get it....I am not sure who's side you are on ?...

The fans of the NFL & Nascar pay the bills (they buy the seats and all the other useless crap associated with it), and that is why those sports exist... The Horseplayers pay the bills every bit as much, and then some, for horseracing to exist. ....

I read that article, and the responses to it.....And to be quite honest, I don't know why you brought that issue here....As I see it, it may have been, only to "bash"....It should have been left there, or a thread could have been created to address that same issue, in this forum, starting out from square one....You started out, just outright bashing....

I don't always agree with everything Cangamble has to say, but he does make many a valid point of contention....I have respect for the man and his points of view, whether I agree with him or not....He is not off the wall, imo...

Other notables, such as our own Dave Scwartz and Barry Meadow, also made some comments and seem to be thinking and agreeing along these same lines....At least that is what I have perceived based on their comments on the Fred Pope issue and such... I sincerely believe that, they both see what is quite clear, to many of "we the bettors ", as to what is happening to "our-game-sport", and have shown their concern and have offered some valuable alternatives, that could possibly have a remedy to the dilemma(s), that horse racing is currently suffering from ....What is your contribution, in that respect ?...I would like to know, really...

Other than that, I don't know what it is, you were trying to say...
Old 10-02-2009, 03:07 PM   #8
Greyfox

Passing the Smell Test.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LottaKash
I read that article, and the responses to it.....And to be quite honest, I don't know why you brought that issue here...
I wondered the same as you LottaKash.
If it was crap on another message board why promote it again here?
Something here doesn't pass the "smell test."
Greyfox is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-02-2009, 03:31 PM   #9
Horseplayersbet.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by LottaKash
Who is going to fail ?.....

I believe it is you "Horseplayersbet", that doesn't get it....I am not sure who's side you are on ?...

The fans of the NFL & Nascar pay the bills (they buy the seats and all the other useless crap associated with it), and that is why those sports exist... The Horseplayers pay the bills every bit as much, and then some, for horseracing to exist. ....

I read that article, and the responses to it.....And to be quite honest, I don't know why you brought that issue here....As I see it, it may have been, only to "bash"....It should have been left there, or a thread could have been created to address that same issue, in this forum, starting out from square one....You started out, just outright bashing....

I don't always agree with everything Cangamble has to say, but he does make many a valid point of contention....I have respect for the man and his points of view, whether I agree with him or not....He is not off the wall, imo...

Other notables, such as our own Dave Scwartz and Barry Meadow, also made some comments and seem to be thinking and agreeing along these same lines....At least that is what I have perceived based on their comments on the Fred Pope issue and such... I sincerely believe that, they both see what is quite clear, to many of "we the bettors ", as to what is happening to "our-game-sport", and have shown their concern and have offered some valuable alternatives, that could possibly have a remedy to the dilemma(s), that horse racing is currently suffering from ....What is your contribution, in that respect ?...I would like to know, really...

Other than that, I don't know what it is, you were trying to say...
Read the title of this thread. BTW, I am Cangamble. I didn't make that comment. It was made by Jim C. I brought it here to show what horseplayers are up against.

Old 10-02-2009, 03:43 PM   #10
LottaKash

Quote:
Read the title of this thread. BTW, I am Cangamble. I didn't make that comment. It was made by Jim C. I brought it here to show what horseplayers are up against.
Gotcha....sorry about that mix up..
I guess that is why I was a bit confused at first reading....Now I know...I just plain forgot that you went into the ADW business....Now I remember, I think...

Keep up the good words and fight the good fight...And, I hope you get rich, in the process...

best,
Old 10-02-2009, 03:56 PM   #11
Greyfox

Gotcha. I thought you posted here under Cangamble and it looked like a knock by someone else. I didn't know that your avatar had changed. Sorry about that.
Greyfox is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-02-2009, 03:58 PM   #12
Horseplayersbet.com

Sorry for the confusion.

Old 10-02-2009, 04:28 PM   #13
DeanT

Quote:
Mr. Waldrop,

That was one of the funniest comments I have ever seen and it does nicely show how some think.

Could you imagine going to a McDonald's annual meeting and hearing someone say: "If this company continues trying to cater to the customers it's going to fail. Enough already!"

Only in racing. Only in racing.

Last edited by DeanT; 10-02-2009 at 04:30 PM.
DeanT is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-04-2009, 01:39 PM   #14
Charli125

Here's one for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnielu
HANA wants an image of standing up for the little guy, without actually being an example to the little guy of how to stand up. And, hopefully, the little guy doesn't notice how fast they sold out while they build a good customer list.

jdl
Charli125 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-04-2009, 01:48 PM   #15
ralph_the_cat
The people's choice

Quote:
You must be a horseman or a track exec.
Thought we should add this...
ralph_the_cat is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: