Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Handicapping Discussion

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 6 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 06-26-2009, 07:42 PM   #1
duckhunter3
d

Full Card Reports

Seeking opinions about their products.
1. Anyone have any experience with them? They have a number of products.
2. Opinions?
3. Helpful as a handicapping tool?
4. Worth the money as an additional handicapping resource?

It is all very, very glitzy on their website. But I have my doubts. If I am wrong, I would LOVE to know so.
duck
duckhunter3 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-27-2009, 12:06 AM   #2
duckhunter3
d

Full Card Reports

Let's just skip this. I am the author of the thread, and after thinking about it, feel stupid even posting this.

There are tons of computer applications out there to supplement your own IMAGINATIVE approaches to analyzing a race. And believe me, if you don't have an insight the public does not have, you will have a rough, rough time in this game.

So with this on the internet, etc., it MIGHT have some useful thoughts, or even angles. But bottom line. It is your brain, baby, and spot plays proven by research.

So let's not bother with talking about the quality of the product.

Sorry I even posted this. Wish I could have deleted it. I feel stupid.
duck
duckhunter3 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-27-2009, 12:36 AM   #3
jeebus1083

I've used them, and they're OK. The "Value Odds" runners pop on occasion for nice mutuels.
jeebus1083 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-27-2009, 07:29 AM   #4
rusrious

FullCard gives great info.. Its up to the handicapper to to weight the options of the race. ANY application can give you great info, but if you dont know how to use it, it wont mater anyways where you get the info from..

Fullcard also has a wealth of info on angles.

The thing about Handicappin, is anything can happen, MOST OF THE TIME, and its the handicappers JOB to figure out which horse WANTS to win, and what horse Gets pulled up before the wire..

Personally, Iv been using FCR for 4 months, and will never use another report.

I like knowing which horses have best final times of the field, or which horse runs best on a wet track, or which J/T combo is hot, IN THE CURRENT FIELD.

There is alot of great info there, hands down.. I love the report..

But again, in the end, its up to the handicapper to pick the right races, and the right horse to begin with..

my stats for the last 22 days using FCR

Races-------183
win----------69
place--------31
show--------22
Lost---------36
scratch------21
cancel-------1

80% payed

Last month, I had 85% of 200 races in the money. Might not be the greatest, but its not to bad..

Im not using their picks, I weed them out and go from there.. Being selective is the main priority in the end.

I do have my own method for chosing them, and takes me very little time to break a race down, because I know what to look for thru trail and error.

It is what it is..
rusrious is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-27-2009, 01:10 PM   #5
dutchboy
Veteran

Prairie Meadows Friday night R9. Their reports did very well. Not sure if it would be appropriate for me to post what happened since they may not be an advertiser on this board.
dutchboy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-27-2009, 07:43 PM   #6
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by dutchboy
Prairie Meadows Friday night R9. Their reports did very well. Not sure if it would be appropriate for me to post what happened since they may not be an advertiser on this board.
It's only inappropriate if you are connected in some financial way to the product/company...
PaceAdvantage is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-27-2009, 08:33 PM   #7
dutchboy
Veteran

No connection so these are the selections for PRM 6/26/09 race 9

2nd choice was Duke of Mischief which won and paid 29.20
4th choice ran second and the exacta paid 245.00

Of course with any computer generated program you can always find races each day that are in the top picks and pay a good price somewhere in the country so I don't know if this program is any better than others. They do have a free signup where you can watch videos of a race where they had a high priced winner as one of the top 3 picks and give reasons why the horse ran well.

Their big thing is to bet a top 3 ranked computer pick with minimum odds of 8-1 if that horse has certain angles in addition to being a top 3 pick. In the Prairie Meadows race the horse was ranked number one in early pace, top ranked mid pace, top ranked in total pace, and was the only horse that had ran a final time in par.

The free portion of the website seems to have some excellent information if you are new to the game or bet his frst race at AKSARBEN in 1971.
Old 06-29-2009, 11:11 AM   #8
phatbastard

for those of us who are slightly visually impaired, or time limited or just plain lazy, these sheets are just what doctor ordered. information seems accurate, though opinions on 1st starters may be a bit over-zealous.

at less than a buck a day, quite the bargain. Querinesque pts and pace rankings work well for me, and i have shown profit for the 4 months i have used them....however, the processing of the info is still required so its not like you are just playing a touts selections

i'm not affiliated with this company and pay for this info
phatbastard is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-29-2009, 03:53 PM   #9
markgoldie

I read this thread and decided to subscribe to the service. As a man who routinely handles thousands of dollars per day, the price is irrelevant.

Well, the only word I can think of is "flabberghasted" by the amount of information that they are providing. It is astonishing that they can do this at the price they charge, although I realize that once their computer programs are in place, they pretty much run themselves.

I have absolutely no affiliation with them or anyone else. But if this is really as good as it looks, it is quite an achievement for this company.

As time goes on and I get my feet wet with all this info, I'll let you guys know what I think.

Mark
markgoldie is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-29-2009, 05:27 PM   #10
lsosa54

It does seem like a ton of info but I would need a selective approach to use it. I'm typically a one track pace handicapper and even when I stretch it out to just two, I get a headache and I start to miss the finer points and it ends up costing me money. Somewhat of a push button approach to making profitable plays across multiple tracks without spending the time doing full dress handicapping sounds like a dream - not a bad one at that.
lsosa54 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-29-2009, 06:28 PM   #11
markgoldie

In today's just concluded 5th race at Prairie Meadows, the Full Card Report's Best Longshot in the race, #5 Farrar won and paid $100.00 to win.

I guess if you play these, that would give you essentially 49 free subsequent such plays.
markgoldie is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-29-2009, 07:09 PM   #12
dutchboy
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by markgoldie
In today's just concluded 5th race at Prairie Meadows, the Full Card Report's Best Longshot in the race, #5 Farrar won and paid $100.00 to win.

I guess if you play these, that would give you essentially 49 free subsequent such plays.
Since you are a member check the results for the Live Longshot at Indiana Downs R2 on Monday June 29th.
Old 06-29-2009, 07:13 PM   #13
DrewClear

Calling it "Best longshot in the race" would make you think that he'll have it a little higher than 6th in a 9 horse race?
DrewClear is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-29-2009, 10:10 PM   #14
matthewsiv

Cool

I had discovered their sight this morning and then found this posting on Pace Advantage.

I then went back and took a closer look at the reports.

There is a ton of information there and they do seem good value for what you have got.

I am thinking of subscribing for a month and seeing how it goes.

Anybody have any other thoughts on this service.
Old 06-29-2009, 10:28 PM   #15
atlasaxis

Quote:
Originally Posted by dutchboy
Since you are a member check the results for the Live Longshot at Indiana Downs R2 on Monday June 29th.
I use Racingpicks.com which is very similar if not identical to Fullcard. Their "A" longshot selection WAS the 6 MY LIL' DARLIN (20/6) which went off at 80-1 and came home paying $162.80, $60.80, $13.80 SWEET!! Talk about an overlay when they set the fair odds ot 6-1!!

Last edited by atlasaxis; 06-29-2009 at 10:33 PM.
atlasaxis is offline   Reply With Quote Reply