Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > Selections

Old 04-01-2009, 10:14 AM   #1
JohnnyBatTBD
Journeyman

Tampa Bay Downs Selections - Wed. April 1st

Prime Wager Results.14-32 (44%) -$4.60(14-3-6) (72% ITM)
Soft Wager Results....19-60 (32%) -$8.20 (19-13-7) (65% ITM)

On Tuesday, I had no prime or soft selections.

Among my contenders only selections:

I had the winner of the 5th, Wise Frolic, $4.20,
My 7th race $6 saver exacta returned $18.00,
My 8th race $6 saver exacta returned $21.40,
I had the winner of the 9th, SS Royal Endeavor, $4.40, and
My 10th race $12 exacta box returned $22.80 (with the DH for 2nd).

So it goes...

This is not an April Fool's Day prank.
There are only 18 race days left before the $25 annual subscription price is history.
Subscribe now!

Wednesday’s selections at http://www.thetbdhandicapper.com/ :

1st – Contenders Only (4) – Proud Escapade (5) races for the first time at this level since breaking maiden. Centeno takes the call. Was carried to best fig in the field two back. However, McCarthy wins only 10% on the dropdown L3T. Pressing Issue (7) comes back fast for Alexander and he had six fastback winners L3T. Golden Trend (8) won with the Fastback + Shorten Up angle for Simms last year at Tampa. Win (8), Saver Exactas 5,7/8 and Trifectas All/8/5,7

2nd – Contenders Only (5) – A Question of Time (7) comes back to the dirt today where the 4YO had two seconds in last two sprints. Comes back fast for Bennett and adds Centeno. Winter Knight (5) was closest to par in last and RoHo sticks. Win (7), Saver Excata 7/5 and Trifectas 5,7/All/5,7

3rd – Contenders Only (8) – A Slick Chic (3) takes a big drop for Ness after posting the best fig in the field two back. Ness wins 34% (66% ITM) with Stretchouts and wins 39% (63% ITM) with Dropdowns. Race two back was best recent fig in the field. Juicy Loots (6) had big fig in Tampa debut and is now 3-4 ITM at the Downs. Hands Wavering (5) has been very reliable and is now 11-16 ITM at Tampa. I expect improvement in 2nd try at this level. Monstrip (4) is an automatic throw out as McBride wins 1% with the First-Off-Claim + Up In Class angle. Exacta Box 3,5,6 and Trifectas 3,5,6/2,4,7/3,5,6

4th – Contenders Only (5) – Dealing In Dreams (10) has %E that is closest to the par %E for the distance and was closing gap in last. Sheer Queenie (8) will have a big lead early but her %E says she will be used up before the stretch run. Win (10), Saver Exacta 3,8/10 and Trifectas 10/All/8

5th – Contenders Only (7) – Hurricane Nikki (1) had her best final fraction of the season in last and that was at today’s distance. Is 5-10 ITM on the Tampa turf. Is overdue for a piece. Fergie’s Folly (5) has a hot trainer (KO’C 7-19 last 14 days) and a hot jockey (RoHo 7-28 last 14 days) and she had best final fraction of all of them in last. Photo Image (6) was right along side Fergie in last, is 16-26 ITM on the grass and goes for Ness. Exacta Box 1,5,6 and Trifectas 1,5,6/8,10,11/1,5,6

6th – Contenders Only (7) – San Bernardo (11). Barbaran is the man with maidens (and N2L’s also). He has had 12 maiden winners in L3T and the vast majority of those won in first three off-the-layoff. Believe it or not, the 6 & 11 were closest to par in last as the winner won that one with a 74. Today’s par is 56. Look for a nice overlay here on both the 6 & 11. Win (11), Saver Exactas 3,6,9/11 and Trifectas 6,11/3,9/3,6,9,11

7th – Contenders Only (8) – Misleader (6) posted the best fig in the field two back at 6F and shortens up today. This is Misleader’s first try at this rock bottom level. Veteran trainer Angel Hyland gets a couple to the winner’s circle every season. Switch to Ronnie Allen Jr. adds value. Who Loves Ya Baby (1) has been racing forwardly and had an above par effort going 5.5F in the fall. Last went in 58, today’s par is 41. Wasiluk had 10 Fastback winners and 5 Shorten Up in L2T. Win (6), Saver Exacta 1/6 and Trifectas 1,6/4,5,7/1,4,5,6,7

8th – Contenders Only (8) – Perf (2) drops to this level for the first time and Bennett wins 25% (52% ITM) with dropdowns. Perf has the best final fraction in the field on the grass and has the best fig at today’s distance. Bennett engages one of his regular riders and Ronnie Allen Jr. is competent on the grass. Elegant Kindness (6) goes for the red hot team of K’OC and RoHo (5-11 in last two weeks) and virtues are obvious. Pleasure Academy (8) gets another chance after rough trip in last. Megaconfusion (9) has %E that says no and pedigree that isn’t encouraging. Win (2), Saver Exactas 6,8/2 and Trifectas 2,6,8/7,9,11/2,6,8

9th – Contenders Only (6) – Give Me A Smooch (11) raced into an uncomfortably slow pace in last in open $12500 company. Always races above par. Expect dramatic improvement on the dropdown today. Miss Approval (3). The N3L has Miss Approval racing at the lowest level of her career despite the claiming price and she is responding. Had best fig in the field in last. Magical Isis (6) need only to shake free early and she’s gone. Centeno rides her this afternoon. Exacta Box 3,6,11 or Win (3) and Saver Exacta 6/3 and Trifectas 3,6/4,8/3,4,6,8 if the 11 is out.

10th – Contenders Only (7) – Bucky’s Prayer (4) had one of the only two triple digit figs of the season, a 104 in last. (The other was a 111 by the Ness runner, Stumbling Block, who won the turf marathon last week). I have to respect that. And speaking of respect, the track record holder for today’s race, Charlie Papa (10) can’t be left out. The Laurel invader Libor Lady (7), beat Tampa favorite Bikini Atoll in tough competition and with no Optional Claimers in last. LL is 100% ITM on the grass. Win (4), Saver Exactas 5,7,10/4 and Trifectas 4,7,10/3,5,6/4,7,10

11th – Contenders Only (10) – R True Lady (10) was well above par in last three and sheds 10 lbs. with Straight in the irons. The kid is for real. He beat Centeno in the feature yesterday and had two winners on the day. Win (10), Saver Excata 4,10

Good luck and good racing!

Johnny B.
JohnnyBatTBD is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-01-2009, 01:24 PM   #2
dartman51

3rd – Contenders Only (8) – A Slick Chic (3) takes a big drop for Ness after posting the best fig in the field two back. Ness wins 34% (66% ITM) with Stretchouts and wins 39% (63% ITM) with Dropdowns. Race two back was best recent fig in the field. Juicy Loots (6) had big fig in Tampa debut and is now 3-4 ITM at the Downs. Hands Wavering (5) has been very reliable and is now 11-16 ITM at Tampa. I expect improvement in 2nd try at this level. Monstrip (4) is an automatic throw out as McBride wins 1% with the First-Off-Claim + Up In Class angle. Exacta Box 3,5,6 and Trifectas 3,5,6/2,4,7/3,5,6
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

JUICY LOOTS 4-1 @post time
dartman51 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: