Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 01-20-2009, 08:25 PM   #1
dylbert
Turf Economist

Pari-mutuel Conformity and Equality Act (the PACE Act)

Text from email I received today from NTRA. Rep. Boustany represents district just south and west of me here in Louisiana. His district includes Delta Downs and Evangeline Downs.

Dear Horseplayer,

With the new Congress, the NTRA lobbying team is gearing up to secure re-introduction of the Pari-mutuel Conformity and Equality Act (the PACE Act).

The PACE Act would eliminate the automatic federal withholding on winnings of $5,000 or more. The bill was introduced in the last Congress by Rep. Charles Boustany, Jr. (R-LA), whose district includes two racetracks.

As a member of the powerful Ways & Means Committee, which has jurisdiction over tax matters, Rep. Boustany’s support is important to moving the bill out of committee. The Ways & Means committee has over 40 members from racing states like California, Kentucky, Florida, Pennsylvania, Ohio, Louisiana, New Jersey, New York, Maryland, Illinois, Texas, Virginia and Washington. Visit the Ways & Means Web site www.waysandmeans.house.gov for a full list of members.

But don’t stop there. As soon as the PACE Act is re-introduced with a new bill number, we’ll notify you and post an electronic letter that you can send to your Congressional representative, asking them to co-sponsor the legislation. All you need is your ZIP code. It takes 2 minutes and it’s free.

Our racetracks and horsemen are fully behind this legislation. We need you to join with them in telling Congress that the PACE Act is important to you.

Sincerely,
Joe Bacigalupo
Director of Membership Development
NTRA
Phone: 859-422-2677
e-mail: joeb@ntra.com
Old 01-20-2009, 08:50 PM   #2
twindouble

Now that's something I've always supported, including eliminating those ridiculous W2G'S. Will that be included in the bill?

T.D.
twindouble is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-20-2009, 10:35 PM   #3
boomman

Long overdue

Quote:
Originally Posted by dylbert
Text from email I received today from NTRA. Rep. Boustany represents district just south and west of me here in Louisiana. His district includes Delta Downs and Evangeline Downs.

Dear Horseplayer,

With the new Congress, the NTRA lobbying team is gearing up to secure re-introduction of the Pari-mutuel Conformity and Equality Act (the PACE Act).

The PACE Act would eliminate the automatic federal withholding on winnings of $5,000 or more. The bill was introduced in the last Congress by Rep. Charles Boustany, Jr. (R-LA), whose district includes two racetracks.

As a member of the powerful Ways & Means Committee, which has jurisdiction over tax matters, Rep. Boustany’s support is important to moving the bill out of committee. The Ways & Means committee has over 40 members from racing states like California, Kentucky, Florida, Pennsylvania, Ohio, Louisiana, New Jersey, New York, Maryland, Illinois, Texas, Virginia and Washington. Visit the Ways & Means Web site www.waysandmeans.house.gov for a full list of members.

But don’t stop there. As soon as the PACE Act is re-introduced with a new bill number, we’ll notify you and post an electronic letter that you can send to your Congressional representative, asking them to co-sponsor the legislation. All you need is your ZIP code. It takes 2 minutes and it’s free.

Our racetracks and horsemen are fully behind this legislation. We need you to join with them in telling Congress that the PACE Act is important to you.

Sincerely,
Joe Bacigalupo
Director of Membership Development
NTRA
Phone: 859-422-2677
e-mail: joeb@ntra.com
As a resident of Florida, I will contact my representative,(Congressman Connie Mack) as well as our represntative on the Ways and Means committee as soon as we get the ok. I hope many others will follow suit, and let's get H.A.N.A. behind this...............

Boomer
Old 01-20-2009, 11:10 PM   #4
BombsAway Bob
DimeSupers Really Are!

I sent the NTRA -PACE support E-mail they constructed to my Rep last year.
Rep.John Olver got back to me months later, saying he'd keep it in mind.
[/url]
BombsAway Bob is offline   Reply With Quote Reply