Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 12-27-2008, 05:58 PM   #16
Robert Fischer
clean money

great 2 problems

this doesn't explain the head ons
or why horses like Colonel John are missing 5 of their 9 california races

replays@calracing.com

attn Gayle

at least we have a contact and a name.

It sounds like direct complaints about the missing tracks would be useful as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichieP
"The Fat Man" received this email and wanted me to pass it along to folks here at P.A.

Here's an email response from Gayle over at Calracingreplays explaining the new format. You might want to pass it on over at PA.
================================================
"Couple of things happened with the start of the Santa Anita/Golden Gate meets. The easiest one to explain is that we changed media providers. Not related to our change in media providers, signal distribution contracts also changed at the start of these meets and we lost the ability to provide replays for the following tracks:

Gulfstream Park

Hoosier Park

Laurel Park

Lone Star Park

Pimlico

Portland Meadows

Remington Park

Thistledown

If the horses you are looking for are racing at those tracks, that is why when you type in a name, the horse no longer comes up. This was news to us just three days ago. We are going to work on the company that made this change in policy, TrackNet. Any direct complaints to the missing tracks would help our case. I will let you know if we get these tracks back and hopefully all the tracks controlled by Churchill Downs as well, but for now our hands are tied.

Gayle Van Leer

CalRacing Tech Support

replays@calracing.com "
Old 12-27-2008, 08:31 PM   #17
Derbyman32

I recieved a similar reply, the good news is head ons will be back.
__________________________________________________ _____________

Couple of things here. First off the head ons will be back. They are working that right now.

Regarding the running lines. We only go back two years now.

Not related to our change in media providers, signal distribution contracts also changed at the start of these meets and we lost the ability to provide replays for the following tracks:

Gulfstream Park

Hoosier Park

Laurel Park

Lone Star Park

Pimlico

Portland Meadows

Remington Park

Thistledown

If the horses you are looking for are racing at those tracks, that is why when you type in a name, the horse no longer comes up. This was news to us just three days ago. We are going to work on the company that made this change in policy, TrackNet. Any direct complaints to the missing tracks would help our case. I will let you know if we get these tracks back and hopefully all the tracks controlled by Churchill Downs as well, but for now our hands are tied.

Gayle Van Leer

CalRacing Tech Support

replays@calracing.com

y

Last edited by Derbyman32; 12-27-2008 at 08:35 PM.
Derbyman32 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-29-2008, 12:56 PM   #18
RichieP

Update 12/29/08

I just received this email from Miss Gayle over at CalRacing:

Dear Rich

We changed to a new replay/video provider on Friday. The replays and video are now in Flash which provides a better quality picture over all and is used by You Tube, CNN, etc. You have not described the problem you are having. First thing I would try is to go to the Adobe website and download and install the latest version of the Flash player here is the link http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer . That may solve your problem right there, if not get back to us and describe the problem you are experiencing

Just wanted to let you know that the head on views are in progress and in fact any new races posted since Friday will have head ons. The back two years of races will also have head on views before long. And there will be a slider bar so you can go forwards and back through the race. We were up against a deadline on the switch to the new vendor and had to launch before all the features were added.

Not related to our change in media providers, signal distribution contracts also changed at the start of the Santa Anita meet and we lost the ability to provide replays for the following tracks:

Gulfstream Park

Hoosier Park

Laurel Park

Lone Star Park

Pimlico

Portland Meadows

Remington Park

Thistledown

Gayle Van Leer

CalRacing Tech Support

replays@calracing.com

[img]file:///C:/Users/Richie/AppData/Local/Temp/msohtmlclip1/01/clip_image001.jpg[/img]
Old 12-29-2008, 01:18 PM   #19
Derbyman32

It looks like Churchill Downs/Tracknet is causing the problems with the racetracks that Cal lost. Perhaps an email to them about this would help but I don't expect much from Churchill Downs, I worked their for 17 years and I can tell you from experience all they care about is looking out for themselves
Derbyman32 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-29-2008, 01:28 PM   #20
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

My guess is they feel this is a service that adds value to a TwinSpires account and will help increase business on that end. Good luck with that, it won't happen.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-29-2008, 02:49 PM   #21
bigmack

To capture races in their current format this works well

http://www.applian.com/download-videos/
bigmack is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-29-2008, 03:03 PM   #22
Charlie D

Quote:
We are going to work on the company that made this change in policy

Sounds like Calracing is sending muscle in
Charlie D is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-30-2008, 10:54 AM   #23
startngate

Looks like Cal Racing switched to the Roberts streaming video system, as TwinSpires did last year.

Quality is not as good as their previous provider (Charlston?), and the Roberts system has never had head-ons that I'm aware of ... at least on TwinSpires anyway.

Sounds like they are working on it, but Cal Racing should have stuck with what they had, it was a great service ....
startngate is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-30-2008, 03:10 PM   #24
ponyplayerdotca

Whatever happened to the old adage?

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

How many complaints or queries did they have with the system that was in place?

Why is it on the internet that once you have just gotten used to a format, or layout, or navigating a website, those in charge CHANGE IT?

This is nothing more than change for the sake of change. It was unnecessary.

"New COKE" anyone?
Old 01-19-2009, 03:11 PM   #25
netbet

Along with the previous tracks listed it looks like you can no longer watch the OP replays on calracing.com
netbet is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-19-2009, 06:01 PM   #26
startngate

Quote:
Originally Posted by netbet
Along with the previous tracks listed it looks like you can no longer watch the OP replays on calracing.com
OP is a TrackNet track, so perhaps that is the reason. Quite frankly I was always surprised that you could watch anything outside of California, but is was nice.
startngate is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-19-2009, 09:34 PM   #27
bushwick

Beggars can't be chooser's

I liked it better before but it is not like I pay for it and I am glad to get any access I can.
Bushwick
bushwick is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-07-2010, 05:43 AM   #28
Stillriledup
Veteran

Does anyone know why older videos on Calracing seem 'blurry' and 'faded'? The newer videos seem crisp, but as time wears on, it seems like the quality of the tape suffers. Does anyone have an idea why this happens? Thanks.
Stillriledup is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-08-2014, 04:29 AM   #29
Stillriledup
Veteran

Sorry for the old bump, anyone having problems watching replays at calracing?
Stillriledup is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-08-2014, 06:09 AM   #30
bks

no trouble here.
bks is offline   Reply With Quote Reply