Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > Handicapping Software

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 08-11-2008, 08:16 PM   #1
waytogo

Adpa.com and their Focus2000

Hello All,

Does anyone here have any alternative contacts to adpa besides their email and the phone number on their website.

I ordered their 3 track version back in April and it took days to receive the activation file.

In May I travelled to England and when I returned the Software refused to run with an error saying that the software was not for my computer?

My comuter had not changed, no new software/hardware etc.

Since then I have emailed them dozens of times, both asking for a new activation file ( I would also like this on another computer which is allowed) and to fix the problem that I have with my laptop. No replies have been received and its now approaching mid august.

I have also phone their number approx 20-30 times, most of the time there is no answer and a few time left messages. Still no response.

Are these folks crooks?
waytogo is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-11-2008, 10:27 PM   #2
Dave Schwartz

As I recall, they are near me... Dayton, Minden or Gardnerville (Nevada), I think.

If you have a physical address, I can check it out next time I am in that direction. (It is over 1 hr so it might not be anytime soon.)

Regards,
Dave Schwartz
Dave Schwartz is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-11-2008, 10:28 PM   #3
dutchboy
Veteran

I have the program but do not use it much. It has always been my impression that ADPA is a one person operation in the 10+ years I have used their product.

The website appear to still be operating. Strange thing is the reduced price advertised expired on March 31st.

So I assume they may be out of business if you have the correct phone number and email address and they do not respond. You may want to verify it by checking the website. The few times I called or emailed in the past I always received a reply the same or the next day but I have not had contact with ADPA this year.

Guess a clue as to how they were doing was that I paid over $500 for the program and it was advertised a few months ago on the ADPA website for $49.00

Selling a product that has been reduced 90% in price is not a good sign.
dutchboy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-11-2008, 11:42 PM   #4
waytogo

Dave, thanks, but I only have the PO box that states on their site. As dutchboy says, it sounds like a one man band and could be working away from home. But, yet again why would the answering machine be on sometimes an not another?

Dutchboy, $49... I think I paid $57 in April. So the prices seem to move up and down.

I have tried to undelete and re-install and copy the email activation file, but still it does not work. I have even searched the registry after another uninstall to remove any adpa or focus elements. Still no luck.

The email activation file is a database file and the file is changed as soon as you try to open the program. I even tried to write protect that file but that caused a program crash.

The emails, phone call, undeletes, help searches and all the rest make me fume as I was building a dataset for the mountain (ok dont laugh), Charlie Town, and Philly (ok now you can laugh).
waytogo is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-12-2008, 12:47 AM   #5
posttime

I have the same problem with adp focus 2000. they refuse to communicate with me in any way. I have sent a couple of rough emails expressing my frustration with them but nothing happens. SO here i sit with softwate and no wauy to run it.

I would like to get my activation code so I could run but after that I would not do any business with them and would yell every one to stay clear.
  Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-12-2008, 03:30 AM   #6
Tom Barrister
Veteran

I've done business with ADPA, and in my opinion, they aren't reliable and aren't to be trusted.

In addition, their program is worthless, in my opinion. It looks for pace factor trends in the past X (defaults to 15) races, broken down by various parameters (track, distance, surface, etc.). The whole thing smacks of backfitting and very small sample sizes, and I doubt it's been updated or improved much in the past ten years.
Tom Barrister is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-12-2008, 08:06 AM   #7
dartman51

Quote:
Originally Posted by waytogo
Hello All,

Does anyone here have any alternative contacts to adpa besides their email and the phone number on their website.

I ordered their 3 track version back in April and it took days to receive the activation file.

In May I travelled to England and when I returned the Software refused to run with an error saying that the software was not for my computer?

Since then I have emailed them dozens of times, both asking for a new activation file ( I would also like this on another computer which is allowed) and to fix the problem that I have with my laptop. No replies have been received and its now approaching mid august.

I have also phone their number approx 20-30 times, most of the time there is no answer and a few time left messages. Still no response.

Are these folks crooks?
I have the Focus2000 program, had a computer melt down about 6 months ago and had to reload my program, when I requested the activation code I got it the next day, but I had to send them the original order number. When I get home tonight I will check to make sure that is what they asked for ad post back here.
dartman51 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-12-2008, 02:01 PM   #8
Profiler8

I got the same failure message in the software. I have not tried to e-mail them as yet, so I can not say, if they respond. But I will try to contact them.
Profiler8 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-12-2008, 04:14 PM   #9
jhilden

Quote:
I was building a dataset for the mountain (ok dont laugh), Charlie Town, and Philly (ok now you can laugh).
No need to laugh. MNR, CT and PHA are my primary tracks that I play. They have been like an ATM machine this month.
Old 08-12-2008, 07:27 PM   #10
adt57

ADPA SOFTWARE

To:All

I have focus 2000 ten track and it will not work on my laptop or desktop.
I have e-mailed and called and there has been no responds at either place-----
so I to have no software. adt57
adt57 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-12-2008, 07:34 PM   #11
dutchboy
Veteran

I still have the Sharp handheld scientific computer that I bought from ADPA with their ULTRA63 program installed maybe 15 years ago.

Amazing how computers and handicapping has changed in the past 20 years.
Old 08-12-2008, 07:41 PM   #12
adt57

ADPA SOFTWARE

CAN SOMETHING BE DONE ABOUT--- ADPA OR TO REPORT NO SERVICE-SO IT CAN BE TAKEN OFF THE NET?
adt57 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-12-2008, 08:14 PM   #13
dutchboy
Veteran

whois search on their internet host shows john@adpa.com as the contact. Phone number shown is 1-775-246-7043

Someone must be paying the internet host fees. Perhaps they just changed their email address and phone number. I assume if a company goes out of business or stops paying the internet host company will take down the website asap.
Old 08-13-2008, 01:33 PM   #14
Tom Barrister
Veteran

The person/people behind ADPA seem(s) to have vanished into the ether.

If you like ADPA, try HSH. Like ADPA, it will filter races into subsets (e.g. by race type, distance, surface, track, etc.) through what is called "Dynamic Handicapping". Of course, HSH does it much better, has many more factors to look at, the data is better, and HSH has many more bells and whistles. Also, HSH has excellent technical support, whereas ADPA apparently no longer has any support at all.
Tom Barrister is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-13-2008, 07:32 PM   #15
dartman51

Quote:
Hello All,

Are these folks crooks?
I don't know about a phone number but this is the e-mail address that I got a response from: sales@adpa.com
They sent my customer number, which is on the original invoice, IF you still have that. When you enter that into the program, then it can go online to get authorized.

dartman51 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply