Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 11 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 04-25-2008, 04:28 PM   #1
Nacumi

Vaders banned

http://news.bloodhorse.com/viewstory.asp?id=44746

Didn't see this posted yet, so there it is.
Nacumi is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-25-2008, 05:57 PM   #2
john del riccio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nacumi
http://news.bloodhorse.com/viewstory.asp?id=44746

Didn't see this posted yet, so there it is.
You know, she was McCaslins assistant. He was a POS that killed someone while driving with a suspended license. He had more positives than hair, she took over, she has had many positives as well. She was suspended and the appeal went on forever. I think Hong Kong has it right. You play games, your out. End of story.
Her horses have always had the profile of being "helped". If you were betting her stock, Pennington was the money rider. If you were claiing off her, you better make sure she hasn't had one long. I wonder what she will be doing now ?

Good riddens.

JOhn

Last edited by PaceAdvantage; 04-26-2008 at 02:04 AM. Reason: Fact check
john del riccio is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-25-2008, 07:06 PM   #3
Shenanigans

Most assistants that "take over" for a suspended trainer really aren't training the horses - the vet is.
Shenanigans is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-25-2008, 10:30 PM   #4
TonyK@HSH

I ate one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by john del riccio
You know, she was McCaslins assistant. He was a POS that killed someone while driving with a suspended license. He had more positives than hair, she took over, she has had many positives as well. She was suspended and the appeal went on forever. I think Hong Kong has it right. You play games, your out. End of story.
Her horses have always had the profile of being "helped". If you were betting her stock, Pennington was the money rider. If you were claiing off her, you better make sure she hasn't had one long. I wonder what she will be doing now ?

Good riddens.

JOhn
John,

I made the mistake of claiming one off her in '06. The bottom line tells the story-
Investment (including training bills) $19,645
Earnings $850
Never challenged her again

Last edited by PaceAdvantage; 04-26-2008 at 02:05 AM. Reason: Edit Quote
TonyK@HSH is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-26-2008, 01:02 AM   #5
Track Phantom

Wow.....

That is unreal. I just helped a buddy claim a horse from Tampa and the FIRST thing I told him is to find a horse trained by a low percentage trainer. You CANNOT improve these horses because they are on rocket fuel when you get them from these bags of dirt.
Track Phantom is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-26-2008, 06:51 AM   #6
john del riccio

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyK@HSH
John,

I made the mistake of claiming one off her in '06. The bottom line tells the story-
Investment (including training bills) $19,645
Earnings $850
Never challenged her again
Tony,

Yes, thats the score. And from people at the track, I have been tod that the hrses are not cared for even decently, always look like crap, and still run their eyeballs out. Go figure ?

There are a few at PHA you gotta stay away from. Ramon Preciado (although he has colled off significantly), Seeger, & Allen (also has cooled).
This whol esteroid ban not being uniform accorsss all juristictions is going to present a huge problem. Either stay at one track (impossible) where you can use steroids or don't use them & when you ship to a place that allows them, lose an edge. Its rediculous.

John

PS Keep your eye on Gil/Vasquez, I am.
Old 04-26-2008, 07:36 AM   #7
melman

John, I'm sorry to have to tell you this but Vaders is not going away. She won a stay from the Commonwealth Court. Vaders claimed a horse on Tuesday at PHA and has five runners on today's program. My source is Craig Donnelly of the Phila Inquirer.
melman is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-26-2008, 08:08 AM   #8
john del riccio

Quote:
Originally Posted by melman
John, I'm sorry to have to tell you this but Vaders is not going away. She won a stay from the Commonwealth Court. Vaders claimed a horse on Tuesday at PHA and has five runners on today's program. My source is Craig Donnelly of the Phila Inquirer.
Mel,

And they wonder why we lose more fans than we gain....un-freakin-believable...

John
Old 04-26-2008, 08:51 AM   #9
Nacumi

Vaders banned....NOT

http://www.philly.com/inquirer/sports/18242409.html

Thank heaven for lawyers.
Nacumi is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-26-2008, 11:23 AM   #10
phatbastard

mccaslin will find another to ''help'' if she ends up losing her appeals...
phatbastard is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-27-2008, 03:00 PM   #11
Doc

I know some people who work for Vaders and I have to say while her horses may not live in plush accomodations, these people do give the horses good basic care. There are a few trainers there who should have the ASPCA called on them, the conditions the horses live in are horrible.

Somebody mentioned Ramon Preciado in this thread. There's a guy who the Pa. authorities should investigate and suspend.
Old 04-29-2008, 11:02 AM   #12
onefast99

The performance enhancing drugs should by themselves require an immediate suspension of a trainers license. If her horses tested positive for these then thats enough, no more license. I understand her rights may have been violated,that is a different issue.
onefast99 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply