Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > Advance Deposit Wagering (ADW)

Old 01-28-2008, 02:06 AM   #1
twintri

Premier Turf Club

Hi gang,longtime lurker but I had to make this post.

After reading all the good messages about PTC I joined on friday and started betting on Saturday.

I have gambled at many onshore, offshore sites over the years.

Late in the night saturday, I called in a bet that the teller made a mistake on, a mistake that I would bet that could never happen again.

Within minutes of this happening, after the superviser called Ian, the money I would have won was in my account and it was over $1000.

It was quickly handled in a first class manner and although its only been a couple days that I have bet there, I would agree with the posters here, who have had a very positive time at PTC.

Ian, keep up the great work, but please tell me how I can explain to my wife that we wont be accumulating any more bonus points at UBET to get a new toaster oven.(lol)
twintri is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-28-2008, 06:43 AM   #2
csmith

Quote:
Originally Posted by twintri
Hi gang,longtime lurker but I had to make this post.

After reading all the good messages about PTC I joined on friday and started betting on Saturday.

I have gambled at many onshore, offshore sites over the years.

Late in the night saturday, I called in a bet that the teller made a mistake on, a mistake that I would bet that could never happen again.

Within minutes of this happening, after the superviser called Ian, the money I would have won was in my account and it was over $1000.

It was quickly handled in a first class manner and although its only been a couple days that I have bet there, I would agree with the posters here, who have had a very positive time at PTC.

Ian, keep up the great work, but please tell me how I can explain to my wife that we wont be accumulating any more bonus points at UBET to get a new toaster oven.(lol)
Same thing happened to me some time ago..The PTC interface was not working right ( not sending the queued bets ). Within a matter of a few minutes of Ian being told of this, the money that I would have won was in my account. Great job Ian
Old 01-28-2008, 07:56 AM   #3
Premier Turf Club
Veteran

There was no question in my mind that the error was ours, and paying off the wager was the right thing to do.

It happens, we're all human, we all make mistakes. It's how we deal with them that can differentiate as an organization. I appreciate Twin Tri's understanding and was pleased we were able to satisfy him.

Sorry, cant help you as far as the toaster oven goes. I burned my Youbet points this summer buying what turned out to be the world's most expensive electric sccoter for my son. Cost me $80,000 in wagers.
Premier Turf Club is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-28-2008, 05:16 PM   #4
rrbauer
Both-hands Bettor

I haven't played a lot at PTC (mainly because I'm not playing a lot these days) but Ian took care of a foulup in my account that kept a bet from being placed and he made it right by crediting the account.

The last time that I played, I was doing some 2-horse win dutches and they really handle this well by allowing you to specify a minimum ROI (based on composite live odds of the horses you're betting) that you will accept. Only betting site that I know that will do that.

I bet a lot of P3's and P4's that are rather convoluted. Youbet's wager panel allows you to use the previous bet as a template for the next bet. This really accelerates getting my multiple bets placed. I'd like to see PTC come up with something like that (along with getting approved for more tracks).

The folks at PTC work hard to give horseplayers a lot of options for building intelligent plays.
Old 01-28-2008, 06:10 PM   #5
Premier Turf Club
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrbauer
I haven't played a lot at PTC (mainly because I'm not playing a lot these days) but Ian took care of a foulup in my account that kept a bet from being placed and he made it right by crediting the account.

The last time that I played, I was doing some 2-horse win dutches and they really handle this well by allowing you to specify a minimum ROI (based on composite live odds of the horses you're betting) that you will accept. Only betting site that I know that will do that.

I bet a lot of P3's and P4's that are rather convoluted. Youbet's wager panel allows you to use the previous bet as a template for the next bet. This really accelerates getting my multiple bets placed. I'd like to see PTC come up with something like that (along with getting approved for more tracks).

The folks at PTC work hard to give horseplayers a lot of options for building intelligent plays.
Thanks for the kind words Richard.

We are working on upgrades to our new bet builder interface that will allow the user (amongst other things) to

1) choose whether to clear or leave runners from a previous wager
2) turn bet confirm on or off
3) repeat last wager with a single button
4) copy legs of a wager (1st to 2nd,3rd or 4th; 2nd to 3rd or 4th, etc)
5) display imputed odds of a runner based upon exacta or double pays (this will take a little bit but I think it's important)
6) export results of your play to excel or word (right now we've got very good reporting capabilities on previous wagers, but not an export function)

Unlike wager pad pro, bet builder works in Firefox as well as I.E, in a Windows, Mac or Linnux environment. I'm told it works quite nicely on a Toshiba tablet.

If anyone's got any other suggestions feel free to post them or shoot me an e-mail at ian@premierturfclub.com We've got more work to do,but I think we're on our way to creating the fastest, most flexible interface on the 'net.
Old 01-28-2008, 08:25 PM   #6
BillW
Comfortably Numb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Premier Turf Club
2) turn bet confirm on or off
e-mail confirmation?

e-mail wager results would be great too - in text for checking on cell phones.
Old 01-28-2008, 08:50 PM   #7
Premier Turf Club
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillW
e-mail confirmation?

e-mail wager results would be great too - in text for checking on cell phones.
No, confirm as in when you submit a wager you get a message that reads ...you are submitting a wager, etc... By turning it off you can send bets in more quickly. As far as sending results, that will all be part of PTC mobile which is a 2008 project. That will be a really cool project.
Old 01-28-2008, 08:58 PM   #8
BillW
Comfortably Numb

Great! - I'm a big fan of placing conditional wagers and heading out for the day. I can check results on the Bris mobile site now, but I usually forget my bets by then
Old 02-13-2008, 11:05 PM   #9
BigJake

I was wondering if it made sense to play PTC if your not going to bet $1000+ a month. I have thought about trying them two or three times, but the most I've ever bet a month is $500. Most months I am in the $200 to $300 range. If people currently using PTC don't mind sharing some if this information, I would be greatful.
BigJake is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-13-2008, 11:17 PM   #10
BillW
Comfortably Numb

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJake
I was wondering if it made sense to play PTC if your not going to bet $1000+ a month. I have thought about trying them two or three times, but the most I've ever bet a month is $500. Most months I am in the $200 to $300 range. If people currently using PTC don't mind sharing some if this information, I would be greatful.
I definitely find it worthwhile. They are the ADW that proves they want my business through their actions. The interface is great and otherwise no complaints at all.
Old 02-14-2008, 09:49 AM   #11
boomman

Scooter for Ian's son

Quote:
There was no question in my mind that the error was ours, and paying off the wager was the right thing to do.

It happens, we're all human, we all make mistakes. It's how we deal with them that can differentiate as an organization. I appreciate Twin Tri's understanding and was pleased we were able to satisfy him.

Sorry, cant help you as far as the toaster oven goes. I burned my Youbet points this summer buying what turned out to be the world's most expensive electric scooter for my son. Cost me $80,000 in wagers.
Wow Ian, maybe 6 toaster ovens would have been a better deal!!

Boomer
Old 02-14-2008, 09:56 AM   #12
Cangamble
Agitator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJake
The rebates may give you incentive to bet more, especially if they turn you from a moderate loser (on horses) to a moderate winner.
Old 02-14-2008, 12:25 PM   #13
Premier Turf Club
Veteran

Premier Turf Club - Making A Good Thing Even Better

We rolled out a couple of big additions to our software yesterday, another step in the continuous improvement process.

We have added the ability to construct a key-box wager with a single submission on all multi-horse gimmicks (i.e. exacta, tri's, supers). For example, if you like a 25-1 longshot, say #1 and want to play him in all positions with contenders 2,3,4,5 in all 4 legs simply check superfecta key-box and select the 1 in leg A and the 2,3,4,5 in leg B. What you'll get are 4 tickets as follows:

1/2,3,4,5/2,3,4,5/2,3,4,5 and 2,3,4,5/1/2,3,4,5/2,3,4,5 and 2,3,4,5/2,3,4,5/1/2,3,4,5 and 2,3,4,5/2,3,4,5/2,3,4,5/1

The concept is the same for 2 leg and 3 leg wagers.

Additionally, we have added Cancel Wager capability for those times you mispunch or simply change your mind on a bet after watching your horse go the post.

We appreciate all the support we've gotten, particularly over the past 4-6 weeks. If you're not currently a customer, we think you're missing out on the best wagering platform in the business. You can sign-up online at www.premierturfclub.com.
Old 02-14-2008, 04:11 PM   #14
rrbauer
Both-hands Bettor

Quote:
We rolled out a couple of big additions to our software yesterday, another step in the continuous improvement process.

We have added the ability to construct a key-box wager with a single submission on all multi-horse gimmicks (i.e. exacta, tri's, supers). For example, if you like a 25-1 longshot, say #1 and want to play him in all positions with contenders 2,3,4,5 in all 4 legs simply check superfecta key-box and select the 1 in leg A and the 2,3,4,5 in leg B. What you'll get are 4 tickets as follows:

1/2,3,4,5/2,3,4,5/2,3,4,5 and 2,3,4,5/1/2,3,4,5/2,3,4,5 and 2,3,4,5/2,3,4,5/1/2,3,4,5 and 2,3,4,5/2,3,4,5/2,3,4,5/1

The concept is the same for 2 leg and 3 leg wagers.

Additionally, we have added Cancel Wager capability for those times you mispunch or simply change your mind on a bet after watching your horse go the post.

We appreciate all the support we've gotten, particularly over the past 4-6 weeks. If you're not currently a customer, we think you're missing out on the best wagering platform in the business. You can sign-up online at www.premierturfclub.com.
\

So if it was an exacta the 1 would be up and down with the other horses clicked?
Old 02-14-2008, 04:30 PM   #15
Premier Turf Club
Veteran

Yes Richard. Precisely. On exactas it means just one punch instead of 2.