Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Home Page News

Old 07-29-2006, 02:56 AM   #1
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

NEWS - Saturday, July 29, 2006

The Seven Year Itch:
PaceAdvantage.Com Turns Seven This Week!

Really? Has it been seven years already? It seems like only yesterday that I started a website in response to a certain popular message board discontinuing the policy of allowing folks to post without having to register. Of course, I soon realized that I wouldn't be able to maintain any type of sanity on my new message board without some sort of registration policy in force, so I committed the first of many somewhat hypocritical acts, and required my users to register in order to participate on the forums. Thankfully, not many folks ran away screaming when the LOG IN box first appeared, and we've been talkin' horses here ever since.

In case you're wondering how things looked seven years ago, check out this nifty link:
WayBack Machine!

I wish to thank each and every person who has ever participated on these forums, and along with me, has expressed the delight, the wonderment, the curiosity, and the downright obsession that goes along with our wonderful little game. Here's to many more years!

==PA

Distance Test for Take D' Tour in Go For Wand
With a date in the Emirates Airline Breeders' Cup Distaff (gr. I) on the horizon, trainer David Fawkes is anxious to see how his grade I winner Take D' Tour performs going two turns in Sunday's $250,000 Go For Wand Handicap (gr. I) at Saratoga Race Course.
Blood-Horse

Pletcher Sings Saratoga's Winning Tune Again
Trainer Todd Pletcher sent out his third graded stakes winner in three days when Magnificent Song caught stablemate Somethinaboutbetty mid-stretch and drew away to a narrow victory in the $112,900 Lake George Stakes (gr. IIIT) for 3-year-old fillies at Saratoga Race Course on Friday.
Blood-Horse

Bordonaro, Carthage Clash in Bing Crosby H.
Bordonaro and Carthage, two of the hottest sprinters in the nation, meet in the $300,000 Bing Crosby Handicap (gr. I) at six furlongs on the Del Mar main track Sunday.
Blood-Horse

The Barbaro Beat:
Encouraging sign: Barbaro's hoof regrowing
The condition of injured Kentucky Derby (G1) winner Barbaro's left hind hoof, stricken with severe laminitis, is steadily improving and has begun to regrow, said Dean Richardson, D.V.M., chief of surgery at the University of Pennsylvania's New Bolton Center. Thoroughbred Times

No Problems Noteds as Barbaro Remains Stable Friday
Kentucky Derby (gr. I) winner Barbaro continues to be stable Friday after another comfortable night, according to chief of surgery Dean Richardson. His right hind leg cast was changed late Wednesday.
Blood-Horse
Del Mar Seeks Answers to Fatal Injuries
Seven horses were euthanized after being injured in competition or training during the first week of Del Mar's summer meeting, prompting track officials to seek answers.
Blood-Horse

Manley Accepts Offer to Lead Jockeys' Guild
The Jockeys' Guild board met in a conference call with California sports agent Dwight Manley on Friday evening to accept his employment agreement to take over the top management post of the riders' organization.
Blood-Horse

Arson ruled out as cause of JEH barn fire
The New Mexico State Fire Marshall's Office has ruled out arson as the cause of a barn fire that killed six stallions, including 1997 Horse of the Year Favorite Trick and Grade 1 winner Saratoga Six, at a New Mexico farm last month. Thoroughbred Times

A. P Jet 'fully recovered' from fight injuries
A. P Jet, New York's leading sire last year who was severely injured earlier this year in an accident that claimed the life of stallion Gold Token, has fully recovered and will return to stud duties at Sugar Maple Farm in Poughquag, New York, when the breeding season begins next year. Thoroughbred Times

Last edited by PaceAdvantage; 07-29-2006 at 02:58 AM.
PaceAdvantage is online now   Reply With Quote Reply