Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Home Page News

Old 07-26-2006, 01:27 AM   #1
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

NEWS - Wednesday, July 26, 2006

The Seven Year Itch:
PaceAdvantage.Com Turns Seven This Week!

Really? Has it been seven years already? It seems like only yesterday that I started a website in response to a certain popular message board discontinuing the policy of allowing folks to post without having to register. Of course, I soon realized that I wouldn't be able to maintain any type of sanity on my new message board without some sort of registration policy in force, so I committed the first of many somewhat hypocritical acts, and required my users to register in order to participate on the forums. Thankfully, not many folks ran away screaming when the LOG IN box first appeared, and we've been talkin' horses here ever since.

In case you're wondering how things looked seven years ago, check out this nifty link: WayBack Machine!

I wish to thank each and every person who has ever participated on these forums, and along with me, has expressed the delight, the wonderment, the curiosity, and the downright obsession that goes along with our wonderful little game. Here's to many more years!

==PA

Horse slaughter bill sparks emotional testimony at hearing
A bill scheduled to be voted on in the House of Representatives in September that would permanently ban in the United States the slaughter of horses for human consumption and the transport of that meat overseas drew emotional testimony on Tuesday during the first of two Congressional hearings. Thoroughbred Times

Grayson-Jockey Club Foundation to hold workshop on Thoroughbred welfare, safety
As officials and horsemen currently address the problem of breakdowns at such prominent tracks as Arlington Park and Del Mar, the Grayson-Jockey Club Research Foundation has scheduled a two-day workshop for presentations, panel discussions, and strategic planning concerning the welfare and safety of the Thoroughbred on October 16 and October 17 at Keeneland Race Course in Lexington. Thoroughbred Times

Lady of Venice aimed for Diana Stakes; Gorella for Beverly D.
Martin Schwartz's three-year-old filly Lady of Venice (Fr) will meet older fillies and mares in the $500,000 Diana Stakes (G1) at Saratoga Race Course on Saturday while Schwartz's other star turf filly Gorella (Fr) will be pointed for the $750,000 Beverly D. Stakes (G1) on August 12 at Arlington Park, trainer Patrick Biancone said on Tuesday. Thoroughbred Times

Buckram Oak Horses and Training Center Acquired
When Silver Train won the Tom Fool Handicap (gr. II) at Belmont Park July 16, it was the colt's first race for his new owner, Kassem Masri's Four Roses Thoroughbreds.
Blood-Horse

Last edited by PaceAdvantage; 07-26-2006 at 01:29 AM.
PaceAdvantage is online now   Reply With Quote Reply