Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 05-08-2002, 03:41 PM   #1
tanda

The Experts

I recently reviewed the espn.com and msnbc.com web-sites for comic relief.

Bob Neumeier states that there is no chance of a Triple Crown winner. That statement guarantees War Emblem will sweep the three races.

Jay Cronley is mystified as to how all the "experts" got the race wrong. Uh, Jay ... the "experts" are phonies. Most are re-treads who bounce from network to network. Once you make a name for yourself, you have a job forever. Names count more than results. Have the words "overlay" or "underlay" ever been uttered by these people on the air? Do they bet (serious money) and win?

My favorite is Mike Battaglia. Last year, he picked Point Given in the Derby. At the Preakness, he said "I was a Point Given man, now I am a Monarchos man." Minutes later, he presumably became a Point Given man again. Good work, Mike.

Bill Finley says that the race was won on luck. Throw out every factor, luck decided it. He then wrote that figures did not matter and were of no use in picking the winner. Uh, Bill ... the horse with the top speed and pace figures won.

These guys are a hair's width removed (on the dumb side) from being simpletons.
tanda is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-08-2002, 04:55 PM   #2
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

My brother (jmilkowski), upon hearing Battaglia predict a blazing pace during the prerace show, immediately informed me War Emblem was home free! I was laughing at the time, but it turned out so true!

CJ
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-08-2002, 06:39 PM   #3
justin

I thank all the "experts" for driving down the odds on Saarland....they saved me from making 2 win bets in the Derby. No way I was taking his low odds. As for Battaglia, I don't know what's worse...his handicapping or his race calls.

-Justin
Old 05-08-2002, 06:56 PM   #4
anotherdave

Bo knows horse racing

Random thoughts by Bob Neumeier including the no triple crown winner statement.

http://www.msnbc.com/news/748903.asp#BODY

AD

P.S. I sure miss Dave Johnson's "And down the stretch they come" during the derby. David Letterman had him on the phone the night before just to hear him say it.
anotherdave is offline   Reply With Quote Reply