Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 04-20-2002, 06:57 PM   #1
Observer
Support Res-Q Foundations

Thumbs up What fun!

Two of my favorite turf sprinting claimers will be in action on Sunday over on the west coast. Is It True Mex will go in the 5th at Bay Meadows, while My Friend Lumpy, the latest addition to my "favorite-claimers" list, heads south to Santa Anita for the 8th race.

Is It True Mex has been a "mini" sensation since making the switch to sprinting on turf. After sweeping his first five starts on the lawn, he suffered a head loss as the runner-up, from which he rebounded to get back into the winner's circle. Stepped up from that win, the 6-year-old lost all chance when extremely wide around the turn and checked in fourth, beaten just over two lengths. The horse that beat him was My Friend Lumpy, who is a "mini" sensation in his own right. Is It True Mex is back at Bay Meadows tomorrow, and is unbeaten in his three turf starts there. He sticks with his winning 4 1/2 furlong distance, and drops back to the $12,500 tag at which he has dominated while retaining the services of Lumpkins.

My Friend Lumpy returned from an extended layoff to win his first three starts, all sprinting six furlongs on the dirt at Golden Gate. Switched to turf for the first time in his last start, he continued his winning ways while cutting back to 4 1/2 furlongs, in which he defeated Is It True Mex. From his four starts this year, the 5-year-old has now been claimed three times, and will go postward tomorrow for new trainer John Martin, the current trainer of Is It True Mex. My Friend Lumpy will be taking the turf to dirt move and has Desormeaux named to ride.

Is It True Mex: 36-9-8-3 ($156,340)
My Friend Lumpy: 16-8-3-1 ($153,410)
Observer is offline   Reply With Quote Reply