Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Handicapping Discussion

Old 09-18-2004, 11:34 AM   #1
andicap

dutching tool?

i know this has been talked about but where can I find a dutching tool that will automatically tell me how to bet when dutching two or three horses in order to maximize my ROI.

George Green used to sell something called "Hedgehog" which purportedly did this. Anyone used it?
Is there anything free out there?
Old 09-18-2004, 11:42 AM   #2
Hammerhead
Slicker Picker User

I have been using a Program called HHDEMO.EXE
I forgot where but I downloaded it off the web. Once you get the hang of it is is easy to use and you can vary your total wager amounts.
Hammerhead is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-18-2004, 11:42 AM   #3
so.cal.fan

I don't see how you could rely on accuracy, Andy.....with all the late money coming in....legally or otherwise?
so.cal.fan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-18-2004, 11:49 AM   #4
Hammerhead
Slicker Picker User

Hey Andi it is HedgeHog.
Hammerhead is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-18-2004, 12:11 PM   #5
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Here is a simple chart.

http://www.a1handicapping.com/dutchcht.html
Old 09-18-2004, 12:24 PM   #6
Figman

Andi,
Try this
http://www.crowncity.com/speedplus/HHdemo.html
Figman is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-18-2004, 02:23 PM   #7
Jeff P

Location: JCapper Platinum: Kind of like Deep Blue... but for horses.
Andy,

I have a beta version of one. It's a simple EXE and handles win dutching for up to four contenders. It's part of a much larger commercial handicapping project that I have been working on. If you'd like a free copy it's yours. Just shoot me an e-mail.

Regards,

Jeff
Old 09-18-2004, 05:38 PM   #8
andicap

The pay version of Hedgehog seemed damn confusing.

With 2 minutes to post you've got to decide if you want to triple dutch one horse, double hedge another or just plain dutch a third?

And then all the damn odds change anyway.
Old 09-18-2004, 05:49 PM   #9
CapperLou
Spot Play Bettor

The Odds Changing!!!! Jeff:::

How do you realistically use this software that you are working on when the damn odds change so often at the last minute and after the race goes off.

What has been the best way to use the tool based on your experience--I'm asking Jeff how he handles the odds changing etc. I'm interested--I dutch races often!!

Thanks for any input and assistance!!

All the best,

CapperLou

P.S. This has been a difficult day--I finally hit one at LAD for 13.40 and caught the 8th at APX by dutching the #1 & #2 which won at 29.00. A Saturday bailout with these two after--7 losers in a row--yes--seven spot plays lost in a row--sh-t happens sometimes, but I always persevere and it works out OK that way. But what tension--just like the damn hurricanes that have been here with last one missing us--fortunately!!

Last edited by CapperLou; 09-18-2004 at 05:58 PM.
CapperLou is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-18-2004, 07:55 PM   #10
betovernetcapper

IMO the best dutching program bar none is part of the ATR pro program. It automaticly adjusts for odds changes-has a Kelly feature-alerts you to post time-I mean this is a perfect betting program.
betovernetcapper is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-18-2004, 09:19 PM   #11
CapperLou
Spot Play Bettor

betovernetcapper

You mention ATR......

I have taken a glance at this program and just do not get it. You are saying that it is used for auto making dutch plays besides playing a horse when you are not there such as interfacing with Pinnacle.

What will this program do for one and please elaborate on it. I have been thinking about looking into it for auto plays with Pinnacle if a horse goes off for example at 5-1 or more--it would be played and I do not have to sit around all day or be at the track etc.

Thanks for any assistance you can share!!

All the best,

CapperLou

P.S. Are you saying you use this software as you are playing--that's what I am reading here.
Old 09-18-2004, 09:59 PM   #12
Jeff P

Location: JCapper Platinum: Kind of like Deep Blue... but for horses.
The Odds Changing!!!! Jeff:::
How do you realistically use this software that you are working on when the damn odds change so often at the last minute and after the race goes off.

What has been the best way to use the tool based on your experience--I'm asking Jeff how he handles the odds changing etc. I'm interested--I dutch races often!!

CapperLou,

My Dutching Tool is not tied into an online toteboard (Yet- although someday soon it will be.) It has a very simple user interface. It is designed to handle win dutch bets for up to four contenders.

Visible elements are: four Post Position Drop Downs, four Odds Drop Downs, a To Collect Drop Down, a Calculate Button, a Reset Button, and a textbox for display of suggested dutch bets.

All of the visible elements of the Dutching Tool receive focus in logical sequence via the Tab Key. Because of this, perhaps the fastest way to use the Dutching Tool is to use the Tab Key to navigate from drop down to drop down and simply key in desired values as needed. Then click on the Calculate button to display the suggested dutch bets.

The process of using the tool to arrive at a Dutch Bet is simply this:

1. Key in Post Positions of Contender(s).
2. Key in Odds of Contender(s).
3. Key in Amount To Collect.
4. Click the Calculate button.

Suggested dutch bets are then displayed in the textbox. To do another race, click Reset and repeat the process.

Because the odds do change, I've had some success keying in what I think final odds will be instead of current odds. Lower odds horses tend to drop and higher odds horses often rise.

I should mention that the Dutching Tool is not the focus of what I'm really working on. The Dutching Tool is just one tiny piece of something much larger.

Regards,

Jeff

Last edited by Jeff P; 09-18-2004 at 10:04 PM.
Jeff P is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-18-2004, 11:29 PM   #13
betovernetcapper

Capper Lou,
Used this program when it interfaced with the Racing Channel-Stoped using it when RC stopped accepting it. Haven't tried it with Pinnicle, but It's my understanding that with Pinnicle and ATR you can set up auto betting without being present. It can also interface with Philadelphia Park phone bet and I'm thinking about opening a Pha account so I can start using ATR again.
betovernetcapper is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-19-2004, 01:37 AM   #14
CapperLou
Spot Play Bettor

Betovernetcapper:

Thx for your input!! I went to ATR site and read the new documentation on ATR Pro. I like what I read. I can use this software to interface with Pinnacle and make conditional bets based on odds being attained etc. That means I have more time for myself each week instead of "having" to be at track or stay at computer all afternoon online. A good thing!!!!

The program will also do spot plays like the chinese double which I use a modified version of which eliminates the top two favorites in the second half of double before looking at others--it's the old Al Ilich method which has less plays, but gets bigger scores when it clicks. Trying to do this manually at track or at home is very tedious. I have always wanted a way to track these plays at the five or six tracks I play each week. This will do it!!

So, thx again and tomorrow when I have more time and am more awake I'll print the documention and go over it carefully--then get back to Gary--emailed him a couple of months back and see if I can make this thing happen and work for me. It seems to me right now that ATR Pro is a very valuable tool. We shall see!!

All the best,

CapperLou

Last edited by CapperLou; 09-19-2004 at 01:39 AM.
Old 09-19-2004, 10:41 AM   #15
panda1

betovernetcapper

If you play Belmont forget about signing up a phila park phone account.........not sure when they stopped taking belmont..... i tried to make a bet yesterday and was unable to do it.
panda1 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply